LFF's Enigma (new from the maker of the Paradox)
Mar 10, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #556 of 633
She's live guys, the article tells you exactly why I picked the Enigma as my choice for product of the year

http://headphone.guru/paradox-enigma-louis-flores-recreates-the-fostex-t50-rp-2/

Mar 10, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #557 of 633
She's live guys, the article tells you exactly why I picked the Enigma as my choice for product of the year

http://headphone.guru/paradox-enigma-louis-flores-recreates-the-fostex-t50-rp-2/
well written! But i miss u mentioning his other gem..and maybe his best headphone yet...the code-x..it looks like everyone forgets about that wonderful piece of audio reproduction device.

But as i said...well written..was interesting to read.

Mar 11, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #558 of 633
Mar 11, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #559 of 633
Mar 11, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #560 of 633

Nice article and mirrors my thoughts about the Enigma as well.  When Luis demo'ed his first pair at a meet early last year, it took me only a few days of dwelling on it to contact him to have a set made.  I don't use the Enigma too often since my W3000ANV are more my everyday headphone, but they are a nice slightly bass boosted complement to them for rock music.  

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #561 of 633
  The title of the article sounds like if Enigma is yet another T50RP mod, quite confusing IMO.

Agreed.
Good review but why does the Enigma "Recreates the T50RP" if they are not based on the T50 RP drivers?!?

Mar 12, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #562 of 633
Well, the title was chosen by the site publisher. The idea behind the title was to convey that the original Paradox was recreated and improved upon with the addition on the completely new Enigma. Looks like the title was a bad idea. I'll message my publisher and ask the title to be changed.

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #565 of 633
wink.gif

Definitely better.

Mar 18, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #566 of 633
Though I would imagine somewhere in the 38pages of this thread the question has already been asked, but , for those of you who believe in "burn in"(esp with planars) and own these cans, how many burn in hours do you feel  the Enigmas would benefit from? I have a pair on the way and they only have about 30hrs on them. Wondering if folks feel they could use a 200+ hr burn in like is recommended for most planars. Tks!

Mar 18, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #567 of 633
Though I would imagine somewhere in the 38pages of this thread the question has already been asked, but , for those of you who believe in "burn in"(esp with planars) and own these cans, how many burn in hours do you feel  the Enigmas would benefit from? I have a pair on the way and they only have about 30hrs on them. Wondering if folks feel they could use a 200+ hr burn in like is recommended for most planars. Tks!

I dont know if its of any help..but i have the Code-X from Luis..and it kept on improving up until 150hrs mark..then it settled down..but my code-x is not based on a fostex...so i am not sure if those need more or shorter burn in time...but for sure it needs time to sound on its best...best is to keep him playing non stop up until the 100-150 hrs mark..even if ur not home...thats best...and if u have a tube amp..use cheap tubes in it..or use the headphone output on ur speaker rig.... :D

Have fun!

Mar 19, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #568 of 633
I dont know if its of any help..but i have the Code-X from Luis..and it kept on improving up until 150hrs mark..then it settled down..but my code-x is not based on a fostex...so i am not sure if those need more or shorter burn in time...but for sure it needs time to sound on its best...best is to keep him playing non stop up until the 100-150 hrs mark..even if ur not home...thats best...and if u have a tube amp..use cheap tubes in it..or use the headphone output on ur speaker rig....
biggrin.gif

Have fun!

Have you heard the Slants?  I was hoping to get an explanation of the differences and then start saving up the cash if the Code X is substantially better.  Must the phone be the original HE 5 for Luis to do the mod?  I love my Slants in all respects, from descriptions and reviews on headfi's I suspect the Enigma's might not quite be my cup of tea, but the Slants sound like they may potentially do even more of what I love about the Paradox Slants.

Pretty much decided I will stay In Luis' camp as the tuning on these seems to exactly suit my tastes.  Hoping the Code X is more of the same!

Happy Listening,

jgwtriode

Mar 19, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #569 of 633
Have you heard the Slants?  I was hoping to get an explanation of the differences and then start saving up the cash if the Code X is substantially better.  Must the phone be the original HE 5 for Luis to do the mod?  I love my Slants in all respects, from descriptions and reviews on headfi's I suspect the Enigma's might not quite be my cup of tea, but the Slants sound like they may potentially do even more of what I love about the Paradox Slants.

Pretty much decided I will stay In Luis' camp as the tuning on these seems to exactly suit my tastes.  Hoping the Code X is more of the same!

Happy Listening,

jgwtriode

Hey buddy! I will try to answer ur questions...
Am sorry..never heard the slants..as i use a beyer when i go closed back (for FPS gaming)..but my favorite phone for music is the code-x...and yep...u have to have a original HE5 (not he5le !) to make it a code-x

.. Mine is of the first series made of of the the 20x NOS HE5's Luis had (i was looking for a he6, but decided to get the rare code-x instead) so they were new..not used...

only way to get a HE5 is to buy one second hand (those are rare now) and let him be transformed into a code-x..its worth it...ask anyone who has a code-x..its probably the most musical and emotional and REAL sounding headphone existing. He is good in every music genre...and i found out recently it pairs wonderfully with the toxic cables Silver widow 22 (sw22)...u have to hear it to believe it what u hear then...

BUT..this headphone needs a good amplifier..as it gets better and better with every better amplifier u connect it to...and this phone deserves a high end amplifier..its that good! .dont forget...its the hardest to drive headphone just behind the HE6..and just as the he6 it loves quality power. :wink:

Hope this helps u a bit....ask Luis whats the difference is between the two...i cant hekp u with that and dont wanna say things that i didnt experience myself :wink:

Apr 29, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #570 of 633
I have to say, I was sitting here just listening to some ambient music today, and I really wished I had the Enigma on my head. I think I might have to save up. Lots of other cool headphones I've been looking at, but they're all in the same vein of my Sig Pros, and these cans are just completely different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back