Lets Talk Metal
May 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #9,796 of 29,701
thank you so much for the kind words!

It feels like two sides of a coin. I like the feeling of being unique, or contrary, but it's lonely. I want to nerd out about the stuff I love, but nobody else likes it. I like the social aspect of music, audiophillia, etc, but I don't get that nicety.

Pfff I just keep on chewing off the ears of my friends, how awesome the music is,that I'm listening to and they don't really mind me praising it all the time. I have no idea how many friends I would have, if they were not that tolerant :-D
But if you don't have an actual person to talk to about all this, then why not visit more forums like this?

May 30, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #9,797 of 29,701
Pfff I just keep on chewing off the ears of my friends, how awesome the music is,that I'm listening to and they don't really mind me praising it all the time. I have no idea how many friends I would have, if they were not that tolerant :-D
But if you don't have an actual person to talk to about all this, then why not visit more forums like this?

And please be active in the Metal-Fi community as well! We are always looking for people who love metal and have diverse tastes!

May 30, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #9,798 of 29,701
And please be active in the Metal-Fi community as well! We are always looking for people who love metal and have diverse tastes!

You mean writing reviews? Or am I missing the forum/community button?

May 30, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #9,799 of 29,701
Quote:

"House" is generally the boom-tizz boom-tizz crap that's usually associated with clubs and bars. Most of it is just god awful. I don't think electronic music as a whole spans quite as wide of a gamut as metal, but there are still a lot of different styles.

Just gave this a listen-this is more up my alley-interesting, kind of bizarre, etc.

May 30, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #9,800 of 29,701
You mean writing reviews? Or am I missing the forum/community button?

At this point, comment when you see something interesting. I don't want to tell you what to do either or even visit a particular site (especially if you don't find any enjoyment in it - clearly).

Post here as well. We have a sort of tight nit group here that loves to talk METAL.

May 30, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #9,801 of 29,701
Yeah, this entire thread is made up of left out oddballs, at least in the US. Extreme metal is almost taboo here.

May 30, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #9,802 of 29,701
Hebosagil's previous album cover caught my attention. Saw them live previous summer and they sure made me move!
Hebosagil_Ura_12594.jpg

This track is from just released third album. It rocks, hard.

May 30, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #9,803 of 29,701
May 30, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #9,804 of 29,701
Yeah, this entire thread is made up of left out oddballs, at least in the US. Extreme metal is almost taboo here.

Metal-heads have always been left-out odd-balls. Nuthen new here.

May 30, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #9,805 of 29,701
Quote:
I disagree. Electronic music for starters isn't limited by conventional instruments as metal usually is. The potential for variation only begins from there 
L3000.gif

That's true, but the space inside what qualifies as metal is absolutely massive, and there's plenty of room for unusual instruments - organs, saxophones, tin whistles, etc all make regular appearances. Pretty much the only thing you need to be metal is to have a guitar in there somewhere.

Admittedly I'm far from an authority on electronic music, and most of what I have is from the early to mid '90s when techno and electronica were at their peak of popularity, and arguably quality as well, but what I do have can be put into pretty well defined categories that are not hugely different, certainly not to the level that Ayreon is different from say, Pig Destroyer.

Jun 1, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #9,809 of 29,701
Quote:
anyone have experience with he-500?
90% of the music i listen to is viking\pagan\melodic black metal and thought they can serve me great.

The HE-500 is generally considered one of the more balanced and accurate HFM orthos.. but keep that in context, it's balanced for a HFM ortho. If you don't mind a closed back headphone, the Paradox is as flat as any headphone I've heard, costs less than the HE-500, and is excellent with metal. It's forgiving enough to not make most typically lousy metal recordings unlistenable, and the better then recording you feed it, the more it responds. Headstage is really it's only flaw, but with metal that's not really a big deal, and I doubt it's any worse than the LCDs which are hardly known for their headstages despite being open.

Jun 1, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #9,810 of 29,701

Users who are viewing this thread

Back