Lets Talk Metal
May 27, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #9,766 of 29,687
Quote:
I asked if the Portal of I LP would use the CD mix or an improved mix, and they replied, "Different to the CD, it'll be more suited for vinyl". Not sure what that means. Hopefully more dynamic.

That is by, again, Blood-music, no? They're on a roll.

May 27, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #9,767 of 29,687
neither are what im looking for, and already in my library.

i like secret sphere and VD because: the drummer hits hard, and the guitar tone. VERY ballsy for power metal.

Vision Divine
Secret Sphere (Portrait of A Dying Heart)
Angel Dust 1998/2000
Symphony X 2007/2011

for example of what i'm looking for.

X would be progressive metal, not power. Have you checked out Ayreon's Human Equation?

May 27, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #9,770 of 29,687

May 27, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #9,771 of 29,687
Quote:
I just could not get into that album. It seemed like a lot of really cool wankery but nothing really substantive when it came to an actual song.

In other words, I would listen to that album like 3 times through not remembering a single song

I on the otherhand remember all the songs.. Ne Obliviscaris and Nami... Me Like

May 28, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #9,772 of 29,687
Loving all the vinyl love on Metal-Fi Dave and Trogdor, Ive already got the Katatonia vinyl, but Ill be needing to get the Gojira one.

And now that Ive had a chance to listen to the new Leprous record quite a few more times, Im pretty confident in saying that I like it better than Bilateral, and that its mostly a shoein for top 3 on my year end list, and i think that "Chronic" might have bumped "Mind as Universe" by persefone as my favorite new song of the year.

May 28, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #9,773 of 29,687
May 28, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #9,774 of 29,687
Loving all the vinyl love on Metal-Fi Dave and Trogdor, Ive already got the Katatonia vinyl, but Ill be needing to get the Gojira one.

And now that Ive had a chance to listen to the new Leprous record quite a few more times, Im pretty confident in saying that I like it better than Bilateral, and that its mostly a shoein for top 3 on my year end list, and i think that "Chronic" might have bumped "Mind as Universe" by persefone as my favorite new song of the year.

Thanks man!

I got to really listen to it. I just haven't had the cycles.

May 28, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #9,775 of 29,687
May 29, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #9,778 of 29,687
Quote:
This is a non metalish post. So, I'm tyring to be more open minded about other forms of music and expand my tastes.

Generally, I find that metalheads non-metal music often appelas to me....has lead me to acts such as Porcupine Tree, Swans, Chick Corea, Miles Davis' Some Kind of Blue, Godspeed You! Black Emporer, Foo Fighters and a buch of other schiit I can't think of right now.

Daft Punk has been all over the music blogs/reviews sites-Pitchfork, etc.They even graced these metal headif pages.

So, I said if all these people like Daft Punk, there must be some kind of there, there. So, I punched them into Rhaspsody, threw them on a play list and listened to Daft Punk. Alright, let's chceck these guys out. I can deal w/ some electronic music.

My reaction:

REALLY!! SERIOUSLY???!!!*$@#

R U Kidding?! This???!!!!!

Please-tell me what I'm not getting...because, I'm sorry-this schciit is horrible!

Hahaha. I never really got Daft Punk either. MEH I say. I have nothing against electronic music, I actually like a lot of it. I just prefer the kind that's a bit more... out there.

May 29, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #9,779 of 29,687
Recommedation Time:

Suggest Albums like:

Ulver - Kveldsangger
Vali - Forlatt

May 29, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #9,780 of 29,687
Quote:
Recommedation Time:

Suggest Albums like:

Ulver - Kveldsangger
Vali - Forlatt

Tenhi, Wardruna, Arcana (Dark Age of Reason & Cantar de Procella), Dargaard, Die Verbannten Kinder Evas, Sophia (Herbstwerk) and if you feel like metal:

Guys, if you haven't listened to Drudkh's "Blood in Our Wells" yet, please give the album a try. Yesterday night I was lying in bed, listening to this album (Sansa Zip, RE0, Headstage Arrow) and I was completely blown away again. I forgot how much I love this band. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back