Lets Talk Metal
May 12, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #14,386 of 29,687
Korn has a couple awesome tracks. Same with slipknot. I'm never ashamed about any metal I like...

Ok, I like a couple emmure tracks. That I am ashamed to admit
frown.gif

Wait, I like Emmure....  Some of it is a little too Emo Whiny, but the music is good.

This weekend when I got drunk I watched a few videos on Youtube. Nostalgia, Now, you don't have anything to be ashamed of :)

May 12, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #14,388 of 29,687
  Did anyone hear this or about this? No offense meant, but Blind Guardian and Gamma Ray are not something to be ashamed of. I guess you guys are too much kvlt. I was thinking more on the lines of mudvayne, slipknot, korn etc :)

OK-fine-From that era-I've got System of A Down's Toxicity....I thought they were a cut above the rest. Pretty creative album actually.

Going back a generation (my generation) I was big into Soundgarden, Alice N Chains, Tool and the like....and still think those bands hold up-espcially Tool. Chris Cornrell had amazing Robert Plant like vocal skills when he was in his prime. Badmotorfinger is one of my favorite heavy rock albums of all time...although I don't know if it really qualifies as metal.

If you've never heard Cornell-check out this out and crank this schiiit up.

May 12, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #14,389 of 29,687
For those interested in the Swans record, it is quite a satisfying experience. I don't want to say too much about it yet but the first impressions after 3 listens are that it's maybe not as claustrofobic and daunting as The Seer is. It has power of its own though. And my seal of approval.

May 12, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #14,390 of 29,687
  For those interested in the Swans record, it is quite a satisfying experience. I don't want to say too much about it yet but the first impressions after 3 listens are that it's maybe not as claustrofobic and daunting as The Seer is. It has power of its own though. And my seal of approval.

Thanks-I'm definitely going to pick it up along w/ the new Agalloch-they've topped my must haves along with Lord Mantis which should be arriving any day. Yeah!

May 12, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #14,392 of 29,687
Got some interesting news regarding Lord Mantis release. Stay tuned.

Cool. Hopefully not that it's overly compressed all to hell.....I really want to like that album
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 12, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #14,394 of 29,687
I reviewed it already, but the master I received turns out....is not the real master....trying to find out more...really strange turn of events. Watch MFi.

Hmmmm? The plot thickens. I'm going to check out your review. Me loved their last album long time.

May 13, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #14,395 of 29,687

Hmmmm? The plot thickens. I'm going to check out your review. Me loved their last album long time.

you love manual long time

May 13, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #14,396 of 29,687
And now the non-news of the day!
Paul and Sean from Cynic are gay.
Big effing deal. Took them surprisingly long to "come out".

Amazing article :)
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-c1-gay-heavy-metal-20140508-story.html#page=1

May 13, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #14,397 of 29,687
There's never been a supergroup that's totally delivered....

Discography-wise? Maybe. But for example Demons & Wizards' first album is the best Power Metal record ever, if you ask me.

Which metal songs do you like but are ashamed to admit? Maybe Papa Roach or Mudvayne (not sure, if they are really metal) but you get an idea.

P.S. Don't say - Last Resort. That is a party song..

I like the s/t era Slipknot and I'm not ashamed. Later they had some good songs (Iowa's title track *heart*), but as a whole they aren't that good anymore.
Also, talking Metal (and other "heavier" genres) I can't really find tracks I would be ashamed to like. Go outside of that and well, you may find something like that. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back