Lets Talk Metal
Jun 19, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #10,171 of 29,663
Quote:
I think we've all talked about this record at least 3 times!

Really? Wasn't around for that, I think :)

33°C (91°F) outside.
What bands would you folks recommend to live through such a day?

Grim and frostbitten tunes like Immortal? :D

Or should I fight fire with fire? (Amon Amarth how I like them)

Or go outside and....yeah you get it.

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #10,172 of 29,663
Quote:
I wasn't judging your decision, I just thought that was a lot. 
biggrin.gif

Really. I thought people on this thread listened to way more albums than I did. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #10,174 of 29,663
Quote:
Really? Wasn't around for that, I think :)

33°C (91°F) outside.
What bands would you folks recommend to live through such a day?

Grim and frostbitten tunes like Immortal? :D

Or should I fight fire with fire? (Amon Amarth how I like them)

Or go outside and....yeah you get it.

Maybe, 

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #10,175 of 29,663
For fans of noise rock and hardcore w/ metallic tendencies, I think the new Ken Mode is really good. Lumped in w bands like Unsane. I used to shy away from hardcore. I dig it now, even if this is noise rock. Not sure, I can define the difference. But, it's good stuff IMO. Converge was my gateway drug.

419EH2oqV0L._SY300_.jpg

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #10,176 of 29,663

Somehow, I get a feeling that BDM is a fun loving band. I get the same vibe from Mastodon and Revocation.

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #10,177 of 29,663
Quote:

Somehow, I get a feeling that BDM is a fun loving band. I get the same vibe from Mastodon and Revocation.

No doubt about that :D

Jun 19, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #10,179 of 29,663
I LOVE this track.
Don't ask me why. Maybe it reminds me a lot of Darkspace. I really like Darkspace :3
Also one of the coolest cover artworks I know. Fits perfectly.

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #10,180 of 29,663
I´m listening to much melo-death recently and really love the style. Insomnium, At the gates,...just great. But I need more and preferably with good sound and a nice DR.
Any recommendations for great melo-death bands with great sound (high DR value)? Old or new, I don´t really care, but I like the sound of older stuff like Terminal Spirit desease or Jester Race.

Jun 19, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #10,181 of 29,663
I´m listening to much melo-death recently and really love the style. Insomnium, At the gates,...just great. But I need more and preferably with good sound and a nice DR.
Any recommendations for great melo-death bands with great sound (high DR value)? Old or new, I don´t really care, but I like the sound of older stuff like Terminal Spirit desease or Jester Race.

One for Sorrow was one of the worst sounding records I've heard. I literally thought something was wrong with my system when I put it on.

Dave loves AA's With Oden...

Jun 19, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #10,182 of 29,663
Quote:

Hmm it's old and I would call it melo-death.
Pretty cool song. Part 2 is way more melo-ish.
Don't know about the DR, though.

Jun 19, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #10,183 of 29,663
For fans of noise rock and hardcore w/ metallic tendencies, I think the new Ken Mode is really good. Lumped in w bands like Unsane. I used to shy away from hardcore. I dig it now, even if this is noise rock. Not sure, I can define the difference. But, it's good stuff IMO. Converge was my gateway drug.

419EH2oqV0L._SY300_.jpg

Yeah, KEN Mode are awesome. Still haven't checked the last album, though.

Jun 20, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #10,184 of 29,663
Quote:
Hmm it's old and I would call it melo-death.
Pretty cool song. Part 2 is way more melo-ish.
Don't know about the DR, though.

I love Crimson, it´s one of my favorite albums ever. I have it on vinyl and it sounds great. Do you know anything similar to this with good sound?

Quote:
One for Sorrow was one of the worst sounding records I've heard. I literally thought something was wrong with system when I put it on.

Dave loves AA's With Oden...

I have the vinyl of Above the Weeping World and it sounds pretty good, don´t know about One for Sorrow though. With Oden on our Side I just ordered on vinyl and am really excited to hear it!

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Jun 20, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #10,185 of 29,663
Quote:

I love Crimson, it´s one of my favorite albums ever. I have it on vinyl and it sounds great. Do you know anything similar to this with good sound?

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Crimson 2? :|
No srsly I don't think I have anything that is new for you. Old In Flames etc...
Barren Earth maybe?
Quo Vadis?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back