Lets Talk Metal
Jun 18, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #10,156 of 29,663
Thanks to the guys at Metal-fi for the new Summoning review. Ordered the orange vinyl right after reading the review. Can't wait. They're something special.

Was going to order the new Ocean LPs but paying 30 euro for the records and 26 to ship them means a no go on that one. Screw that, I'll just get the CD.

Jun 18, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #10,157 of 29,663
At least for me, Dekadent are white metal.
I love them.

Jun 18, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #10,158 of 29,663
Quote:
Was going to order the new Ocean LPs but paying 30 euro for the records and 26 to ship them means a no go on that one. Screw that, I'll just get the CD.

They apparently haven't yet started to ship them. I'm a little worried that I typoe'd my ZIPcode and didn't get a reply to the support email I sent :frowning2: Hopefully all is well or it gets directed to the right address.

Haven't yet listened to the whole record. I liked Heliocentric really much. Precambrian on the other hand is the most useless CD in my whole collection :[ absolutely horrible and boring for some reason.

edit: I blindly ordered Leprous' Coal LP. I hope it's good. A few of you mentioned it I think and it got a good review on a Finnish site I trust.
edit2: It has the same mix/master persons as RIITIIR on it :D I am excite!

Jun 18, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #10,159 of 29,663
edit: I blindly ordered Leprous' Coal LP. I hope it's good. A few of you mentioned it I think and it got a good review on a Finnish site I trust.
edit2: It has the same mix/master persons as RIITIIR on it :D I am excite!

As of right now it's still my album of the year. I thought everblack had a shot of knocking it off but it didnt, at least not yet

Jun 18, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #10,163 of 29,663
Quote:
The biggest surprise has been the listen ability of the new Suffocation album. I play it all the way from start to finish everyday and it's just better and better. Pinnacle of Bedlam was actually kind of hard to grasp the first week. It's quite a stretch musically for them. Amazingly both Black Dahlia Murder and Suffocation had brand new drummers for their 2013 releases.

My GOD you are spot on there my friend.This cd even outshines their classic works.Ive only played it once and it blew me away.Played through speakers.

Jun 18, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #10,164 of 29,663
Christian Black Metal? Talk about an oxymoron.

Jun 18, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #10,165 of 29,663
Quote:

Highlights of the year so far:

Those are the highlights?! Exactly how many 2013 albums have you heard so far? 
blink.gif

Quote:

Yeah, I've only been listening to The Black Dahlia Murder since Nocturnal came out, but any small traces of "core" sound they might have still had for Nocturnal and Deflorate are now completely gone since the release of Ritual and now Everblack, i dont really understand why people keep saying that they are a metalcore band.

I've only heard Ritual and Everblack, but I thought Everblack was much more in that direction, almost full screamo. I did like much of Ritual, BTW.

New Blood Ceremony is out--completely slipped by me. I'll be giving it a listen soon.

Jun 18, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #10,166 of 29,663
Quote:
Those are the highlights?! Exactly how many 2013 albums have you heard so far? 
blink.gif

I have changed it to My Highlights... I have heard all those albums at least a minimum three times.

Jun 18, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #10,167 of 29,663
Quote:
Hortor started the concept of "white" or "holy unblack"

Hardly

As for Frost Like Ashes it is a fantastic band

Jun 18, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #10,168 of 29,663
Found this album at Half Price Books yesterday and got around to listening to it today, holy bloody crap!

Jun 18, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #10,170 of 29,663
Quote:
I have changed it to My Highlights... I have heard all those albums at least a minimum three times.

I wasn't judging your decision, I just thought that was a lot. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back