Lets Talk Metal
Dec 3, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #25,396 of 29,662

lol. My best friend saw it and just laughed because it was so over the top and unbelievable he couldn't take it seriously.

Actually, that soundtrack (a few tracks on it, at least) is a good example of dark, disturbing music that isn't metal and expresses things even metal can't easily do.

I've analyzed it multiple times to extract ideas...and wow, that sounds way worse than it actually is. One of the main things I analyzed was how the music is integrated into the scenes. My favorite scene in the whole movie is actually the part where they're beginning to film, and he walks into the building, and the piano and dramatic drum music starts playing. That really sets the creepy mood so well. (Why oh why wasn't that song on the soundtrack CD?! Argh.) I want to do dramatic yet subtle scenes like that in my own work...someday...when I'm in a position to actually accomplish things.

I listen to old Goblin...they did scores for old Spaghetti horror flicks... I like that stuff a lot

I hate horror movies. Sci-fi all the way, baby!

I love Sci Fi too...more than horror,but like both

Dec 3, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #25,398 of 29,662
Um, this was in a movie I watched once. It isn't metal, but it's intense electronic music...
https://g.co/kgs/M3IzOs

Thats actually pretty cool...nice pull

Dec 3, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #25,399 of 29,662
I've analyzed it multiple times to extract ideas...and wow, that sounds way worse than it actually is. One of the main things I analyzed was how the music is integrated into the scenes. My favorite scene in the whole movie is actually the part where they're beginning to film, and he walks into the building, and the piano and dramatic drum music starts playing. That really sets the creepy mood so well. (Why oh why wasn't that song on the soundtrack CD?! Argh.) I want to do dramatic yet subtle scenes like that in my own work...someday...when I'm in a position to actually accomplish things.

It's damn good, just I think it's a little overblown due to the shock of the twin ohmygod scenes.

Oldboy, for example, wrecked me on a way deeper level.

Dec 3, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #25,401 of 29,662
Um, this was in a movie I watched once. It isn't metal, but it's intense electronic music...

Heard this?
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 3, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #25,404 of 29,662

"The band seemed on fire tonight. The crowd definitely was; dozens of arena seat cushions were torn off and flung around the venue. Let me tell ya: those dense foam cushions hurt when they hit ya upside the head. The band came on the radio the next day and pleaded with that night's crowd to not do that. They explained that four people had to pay for the damages caused by many others and that their names were James, Lars, Kirk and Jason. I don't think they've played Long Beach Arena since"

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/queensryche/1988/long-beach-arena-long-beach-ca-53d127b1.html

Operation Mindcrime was played as the opener for Metallica's ......And Justice For All. But Metallica fans didn't want to hear the band and took every cushion off every chair at the Long Beach Arena. A couple of people died, but it was the best concert I've ever seen. I was into Operation Mindcrime but could see and feel the unrest of a sea of Metallica fans. It was amazing!

Quote:
FWIW, I saw Operation Mindcrime live back in the day, as in when Operation Mindcrime was just released. Awesome experience!

Dec 3, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #25,405 of 29,662

Just because.

Dec 3, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #25,407 of 29,662

What a concert :). They did the exact same concert in Europe, 1988. Queensryche opening for Metallica. I don't remember any Metallica fans going crazy though.

Queensryche was interviewed on VH1 and stated they were almost going to stop the 88 Long Beach show due to fear of the Metallica fans.

They said they were never afraid of a concert floor before?

From my high side of stage seat I could see 1000s of seat cushions not dozens flying like frisbees. It didn't look real? Then.........

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metallica/1988/long-beach-arena-long-beach-ca-bd6d52e.html

Dec 3, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #25,408 of 29,662

Just got this album by Sabaton. Didn't realize it would be so dangerous to listen to while driving. Thank goodness for cruise control! 
biggrin.gif

This song in particular is a danger to drivers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back