Lets Talk Metal
Dec 3, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #25,381 of 29,661
I think most people who are into extreme metal feel the strong emotions it expresses. If you don't feel intense rage, sorrow, and so on, I guess that type of thing would seem alien to you. In my opinion, extreme metal deals with the darkness of reality better than most other types of music.

I assumed you never heard this song. This schiit scared me to death. You can feel the rage. Inb4 old eminem > new

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/z_6lgDFX6y0[/VIDEO]

Dec 3, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #25,382 of 29,661

Again, extreme metal is about extreme emotions and radical ideas...exponentially more intense than any of those laid-back mainstream tracks.

Quite a subjective statement

Dec 3, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #25,383 of 29,661
Played all those tracks just now. Felt nothing.

Again, extreme metal is about extreme emotions and radical ideas...exponentially more intense than any of those laid-back mainstream tracks.

I do get amused when people bring up some of the standard radio music to say that it's so much more emotional or whatever, like we've never heard it.

It's fine music, fun to listen to while driving, but doesn't elicit any kind of powerful response. It's just simple foot tapping radio tunes.

Nachtmystium - Every Last Drop
Acid Bath - Scream of the Butterfly
Shining - Halmstad (the whole album)

That's what can really cut deep.

Dec 3, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #25,384 of 29,661
I assumed you never heard this song. This schiit scared me to death. You can feel the rage. Inb4 old eminem > new

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/z_6lgDFX6y0[/VIDEO]

I'm in my thirties, I remember when this album was new and at the time it just made me wince. See, that's just cartoony to me. Try-hard rage that's fighting to shock. I can't get shivers from that any more than slam death or goregrind.

Dec 3, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #25,385 of 29,661

Never make assumptions. I've heard nearly everything Eminem ever made (including unreleased stuff) and bought most of his music. Of course other types of music besides metal can be extreme and dark. I never denied that.

Now I want to talk about disturbing horror movies. haha. Most of them are just laughable in my opinion, even when they're really violent...but there are some that can seriously mess up your mind.

Dec 3, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #25,386 of 29,661
Hells Bells, yes it's compressed. They should work on that a bit. I do dig their blackened industrial music, though.

I think someone had tried to tell them that, maybe from this thread and they ignored it or said something about how metal should be compressed or something like that. I don't remember exactly who or when. Maybe someone else can help

Dec 3, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #25,387 of 29,661

Now I want to talk about disturbing horror movies. haha. Most of them are just laughable in my opinion, even when they're really violent...but there are some that can seriously mess up your mind.

A Serbian Film.....unedited version

If thats a walk in the park for you I suggest seeking pro help stat

Dec 3, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #25,388 of 29,661
I think someone had tried to tell them that, maybe from this thread and they ignored it or said something about how metal should be compressed or something like that. I don't remember exactly who or when. Maybe someone else can help

I recall that. They basically said it's intentional. I believe it, their sound is incredibly carefully crafted.

Dec 3, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #25,389 of 29,661
  A Serbian Film.....unedited version

If thats a walk in the park for you I suggest seeking pro help stat

That's actually the one I was going to mention in case someone inquired further. What's even crazier is how well-produced the film is despite the insane content. (I've seen stuff that's far more violent, though, but still not as disturbing.) I also thought the soundtrack was masterfully done and was upset that only some of the music was commercially released. I mainly watched it out of curiosity when I was seeking out extreme films for ideas (cinematography techniques, dramatic ways of presenting things, etc.) to use in my own animated thriller TV series (with horror elements) that I'd like to develop someday.

Dec 3, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #25,390 of 29,661

That's actually the one I was going to mention in case someone inquired further. What's even crazier is how well-produced the film is despite the insane content. (I've seen stuff that's far more violent, though, but still not as disturbing.) I also thought the soundtrack was masterfully done and was upset that only some of the music was commercially released. I mainly watched it out of curiosity when I was seeking out extreme films for ideas to use in my own animated thriller TV series (with horror elements) I'd like to develop someday.

TBH if you had said "Bro,thats nothing...check out this" I was genuinely going to be concerned for you

Dec 3, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #25,391 of 29,661
My only issue with Serbian Film is it's built entirely around two scenes. It's very well made and damn those two boys are potent, but the movie around them can be pretty tedious.

Dec 3, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #25,392 of 29,661
  TBH if you had said "Bro,thats nothing...check out this" I was genuinely going to be concerned for you

lol. My best friend saw it and just laughed because it was so over the top and unbelievable he couldn't take it seriously.

Actually, that soundtrack (a few tracks on it, at least) is a good example of dark, disturbing music that isn't metal and expresses things even metal can't easily do.

My only issue with Serbian Film is it's built entirely around two scenes. It's very well made and damn those two boys are potent, but the movie around them can be pretty tedious.

I've analyzed it multiple times to extract ideas...and wow, that sounds way worse than it actually is. One of the main things I analyzed was how the music is integrated into the scenes. My favorite scene in the whole movie is actually the part where they're beginning to film, and he walks into the building, and the piano and dramatic drum music starts playing. That really sets the creepy mood so well. (Why oh why wasn't that song on the soundtrack CD?! Argh.) I want to do dramatic yet subtle scenes like that in my own work...someday...when I'm in a position to actually accomplish things.

Dec 3, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #25,393 of 29,661
Never make assumptions. I've heard nearly everything Eminem ever made (including unreleased stuff) and bought most of his music. Of course other types of music besides metal can be extreme and dark. I never denied that.

Sorry my mistake. Im used to be a rap fan before. Now it is still my favorite music. I dont like horror gore movie. I like some mind f psychological horror movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back