Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4
Aug 20, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #1,066 of 1,075
Hello everyone. I am thinking of getting the UHA-4, but I am debating spending a bit more on the UHA-6 MKII.

I can see that one of the posters above says that it is worth the extra money. I was just looking for a few more opinions.

I own the Ultrasone Signature DJ. It isn't hard to drive, but I am looking for an upgrade from my computer's soundcard and do not want to lose the detail, soundstage and bass that the Sigs provide.

I should add that this would be my first dac/amp purchase. I am also not the type to purchase a bunch of equipment to audition and slowly "go up the ladder". I mean to say that I would like to make one purchase and stick with it for a long time. I do have a budget though, and the UHA-6 MKII would be as high as I am willing to go

As far as portability goes, as long as it has a battery and I can use it without a wallwart, that's good enough for me. I mean to say that if one is a bit thicker but is clearly better, that would be the right choice.

ClieOS's sub-200 amp shootout is what brought me here. Something tells me that I would be happy with the UHA-4, but I just want to know if I'll be missing out on a lot for not wanting to spend the extra $80.

Aug 20, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #1,067 of 1,075
I haven't heard the UHA-4, but recently got the 6Sii.  It rocks pretty hard.  I had the same quandary as you and decided to just go with the nicer dac/amp so I didn't find myself being bit by the upgrade bug a few months later.  I'd love to hear it side by side with the UHA-4 and see if there is a big difference...

Aug 20, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #1,068 of 1,075
i recently upgraded to the 6Smk2(209) from a uha4(627) and the 6s is simply in another league.

the uha4 was a very clean and neutral amp but to me, the price difference is absolutely worth it.

Sep 15, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #1,070 of 1,075
ANyone roll the opamps in the UH4A amp to like OPA627.... isst just as easy as plug and play?

Sep 15, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #1,071 of 1,075
  ANyone roll the opamps in the UH4A amp to like OPA627.... isst just as easy as plug and play?

Err, no. UHA-4's opamp are soldered on the PCB. If You want to roll opamp, you need to get the UHA-6S MK2 instead.

Sep 26, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #1,072 of 1,075
THanks... anyone UH4A amps comes with OPA 627? how does it sound like ?

Sep 29, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #1,073 of 1,075
Hi guys, haven't been on here in awhile due to a heavy schedule and shifting interests on other threads. Thought I'd pop by and say I'll be doing a fall clean out sale soon. I'm thinking of letting my UHA-4 go due to me having way to many amps around. My UHA-4 is in excellent condition is completely black in color and has the 8610 chip installed. Thought I'd post this here and do a interest check on the unit and see if it's worth it to me to let the little amp go. If anyone is interested feel free to PM me.

Nov 21, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #1,074 of 1,075
Hi, just got a UHA-4 with OPA627 opamp. So far, I really like the detail resolution this tiny amp is capable of doing. From a very sensitive JH16 to a 600-ohm Beyerdynamic T1 this tiny Leckerton can properly drive both phones.

I got the O2 ahead of UHA-4 because I thought the tiny amp won't have enough power to properly drive a 600-ohm headphone. I'm glad I was wrong.

Pairing UHA-4 to a DX50 is a very portable, capable rig that can drive a wide variety of phones. The DAC section maybe useless for me but it's a pretty nice add-on.

I think my journey of finding the most portable and compact rig without sacrificing the SQ I prefer ends here.

DX50 -> UHA-4 -> JH16/T1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back