LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love...
Jun 25, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #271 of 1,111

Quote:
Oh, and Melody Gardot can do no wrong in my book, so here's one more:

If you ever get a chance to see her perform live, don't miss it.  She is magnetic, sophisticated and a class act.  Her live performance is outstanding.  Her story is quite amazing and very inspiring.  On stage she comes of old beyond her years (in a very good way). 

I love the two cuts "Sweet Memory" and "One Day" from that CD.

Jun 25, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #273 of 1,111
Thank you for that. Just listened to my one and only thrill and ordered it right away!

Jun 25, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #274 of 1,111
Another one.   Listen to "Autumn Leaves" on this CD.

Jun 25, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #277 of 1,111
Actually I like this one of hers in 24/96.

Jun 25, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #278 of 1,111
Actually I like this one of hers in 24/96.

That one hasn't grabbed me yet. I still prefer Dreamland over anything she's done since. I saw her do two sets at Jazz Alley when she released her second album. She was pretty young and was awkward onstage but belted'em out with great heart. I said two sets - actually she blew the second set and lost her voice after only a few songs. Those who came for that set were given a refund. My friend saw her at the same venue recently for the release of this newly released album, and from his description she's gained some stage confidence and is still a great performer.

Jun 25, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #279 of 1,111
I havent heard dreamland yet. I will have to give dreamland a try. I like the above one because of its lay backed style and it has some cool things going on in the background/soundstage.

Jun 25, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #280 of 1,111
I really like this one a lot.

Putumayo Presents - Women Of Jazz  A nice collection of Jazz ladies.  

Anything from Putumayo is excellent.  I must have everything they have released and it is always consistently excellent no matter the genre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back