Oct 12, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #16 of 31
best GF and birthday cake ever

Oct 12, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #17 of 31
closed LCD-2 woodies? 
blink.gif

bass monsters probably, tasty too 
wink.gif

Nov 26, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #27 of 31
So, I am usually not a fan of reviving dead toplcs, but this is pretty cool.

I got a message here on head-fi from Sankar after he had seen the cake and he thought that it was pretty cool. Cool enough, in fact, to send some Audeze swag my way! Contents include a couple pens, a bottle opener keychain (which will be replacing the one currently there), an awesome t-shirt, and a CD that was "created solely using Audeze's LCD2s."

I was happy enough to hear that they thought it was a nifty cake; this was totally over the top (in a very good way)! Very classy of Sankar and of Audeze in general.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing their new products (you bet I'll be picking up more in the future) and compare this album across my collection. Just started listening, but it is very interesting so far and definitely exercises most of my hearing range (up to about 15.5 kHz): both directly and through synthesized instruments with a timbre hitting harmonics in the upper range. Although the instruments are all synthesized, there is a distinct binaural feel to the recording with a plainly apparent soundstage -- and I haven't even listened on the LCD2s yet (they're at home).

--dho

Nov 27, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #29 of 31
Sankar & Audeze in general are classy & great to do business with! I'd wondered if you'd sent them the pic, of course they'd find it because they actively seek feedback on the forums. Great company.

In my neck of the woods (SF) if your GF had disclosed a particular company's unreleased prototype design via Cake or any other medium, they'd have sent the police after her 
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back