Lady GaGa
Mar 20, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #121 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those playing at home, the Telephone video poison list makes reference to Dune, Starwars and Command and Conquer.

It's also the only thing I like about the video.

The Pomplamoose is much better in my opinion, but it really would have helped if they changed the tonality in the chorus which just reaks of terrible pop music.

I think the eye patch made out of hair is probably a reference to Kill Bill.

Mar 20, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #122 of 194
Awful music. To not seem like a perverted, sadistic maniac, I´m not saying what should be done to her in my opinion. Gladly, she won´t be around for long, just like everyone else making these useless radio hits.

Mar 20, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #123 of 194
She can sing and can write catchy tunes. I'll give her that.

Catchy? Yes

Unique? No

As mentioned before, shes just another pop star. Many people before Gaga were called the next Madonna and plenty more after Gaga will be, too.

Mar 21, 2010 at 3:16 AM Post #124 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by lasraik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She can sing and can write catchy tunes. I'll give her that.

Catchy? Yes

Unique? No

As mentioned before, shes just another pop star. Many people before Gaga were called the next Madonna and plenty more after Gaga will be, too.

In the state of pop today, the fact that she can write catchy tunes is unique. Most pop artists don't even write anymore.

Mar 21, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #125 of 194
I still would tho'.........

Mar 21, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #126 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by notmuchcash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the state of pop today, the fact that she can write catchy tunes is unique. Most pop artists don't even write anymore.

Other pop stars like Katy Perry write their own songs.

Mar 21, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #127 of 194
I love Lady Gaga. I'm a 18 year old African American male so it's definitely not in the norm haha. But yea... I guess I'd have to admit the love of my life (aww I know lol) loves Lady Gaga with a passion and has been telling me this for about 4 months and I just now decided to listen to her.
Well lets just say that T51 + RSA Tomahawk + UE Triple.Fi 10 + Lady Gaga = Heaven for my ears. I stay up to at least 12 every night getting at least 3 hours of music; most of it being from Lady Gaga.

Mar 21, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #128 of 194
Quote:

Just saying that it's getting more and more rare for artists written their own music. That's one of the reasons I stay very isolated from the mainstream[and pop as a whole], so she is very different than anything I have grown used to. Perhaps the interest will wane, and she will leave my iPod, but for now I'm enjoying it.

Mar 21, 2010 at 5:41 AM Post #129 of 194
Quote:

I agree that the ability to write is important, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary. Linda Ronstadt is not a songwriter, and either (as far as I know) is Joe Cocker.

I'm just glad to see an artist her age who appeals to a young audience and who can sit down at the piano, play competently, and sing on pitch. A musician, in other words. As opposed to a blatantly manufactured marketing tool pretending to a musician (*cough* Britney Spears. *cough*)

It's not like I'm going to rush out and buy her CDs, but I don't mind hearing them on the radio at all. I do think the Madonna comparisons are way premature. Let's see if she is still relevant in say, five years.

Mar 21, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #130 of 194
Quote:

Deffo Katy.......

Mar 21, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #131 of 194
Quote:

I think the eye patch made out of hair is probably a reference to Kill Bill.

and ***** wagon then?
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #133 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah the whole second part of the video reminded me alot of kill bill too, my guess is that gaga likes kill bill and quentin tarantino

Oh yea; I was watching it for the first time and instantly thought Kill Bill. I told my friend about it and she was like "wha?" And was more interested in hearing me say ***** again haha.

Mar 21, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #134 of 194
In regards to the Madonna comparisons, remember that the attention span in the early 80's was a lot longer than it is today. Pop stars are pretty disposable and people tire of trends (and artists) quickly.

Especially when they are overexposed and overplayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back