Lady GaGa
Mar 21, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #136 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoobAudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
simply enough if i think it sounds good i will listen to it enough said

I agree 110 percent. I will listen to anything as long as I enjoy it. Who cares what other people think? I know for one thing everyone here either

A) Cares more about what they hear than other people
B) Has music that sounds better (overall quality wise) than most people will ever experience.

Mar 22, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #137 of 194
sure it's easy to dismiss lady gaga as being too gimmicky because of her looks, but you have to admit that she's one talented singer

Mar 22, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #138 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrjoe815 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sure it's easy to dismiss lady gaga as being too gimmicky because of her looks, but you have to admit that she's one talented singer

No I don't.

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #141 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha you dont have to but you should, technically she is a very good singer.

This is an objective statement? I can't be argued against?
I think not.
Personally I just don't think she's a very good singer. She has some talent as a singer/songwriter and she's decent at the piano but I wouldn't call her a "very good singer". Besides, all of the stuff that she actually releases is garbage.

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #142 of 194
haha, just because you dont like it doesnt mean its garbage. I can see you mainly listen to metal, and theres nothing wrong with that, because my main genre of music listening is also metal, everything from death metal to alternative metal. but that doesnt mean i cant enjoy lady gaga as well. you just got to broaden your musical horizons a bit dude
tongue.gif

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #143 of 194
Quote:

haha, just because you dont like it doesnt mean its garbage. I can see you mainly listen to metal, and theres nothing wrong with that, because my main genre of music listening is also metal, everything from death metal to alternative metal. but that doesnt mean i cant enjoy lady gaga as well. you just got to broaden your musical horizons a bit dude
tongue.gif

And just because you DO like it doesn't mean it isn't garbage. He should not listen to music he doesn't like just to broaden his horizons. Especially if that music is lady gaga.

Also, I don't think she is a great singer either. She seems to be outside of her comfort zone in most of her songs. Her voice just sounds bad unless shes in the upper registers.

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #144 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And just because you DO like it doesn't mean it isn't garbage. He should not listen to music he doesn't like just to broaden his horizons. Especially if that music is lady gaga.

Also, I don't think she is a great singer either. She seems to be outside of her comfort zone in most of her songs. Her voice just sounds bad unless shes in the upper registers.

You're twisting my words. No music is garbage, that was my point. Music is a matter of taste, i was taking issue with him calling it garbage just becuase he didnt like it. And i never said that his expansion of musical horizons had to be lady gaga, mearly that he should. Because learning to like more kinds of music lets you appreciate music as a whole that much more, at least i think so.

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #145 of 194
Quote:

You're twisting my words. No music is garbage, that was my point. Music is a matter of taste, i was taking issue with him calling it garbage just becuase he didnt like it. And i never said that his expansion of musical horizons had to be lady gaga, mearly that he should. Because learning to like more kinds of music lets you appreciate music as a whole that much more, at least i think so.

I completely agree, but in my ever-so-humble opinion most of Lady Gaga's music is garbage and I don't like her. However I do think that she is a decent singer/songwriter. I'd say she averages out to a little worse than Bob Dylan, being a better singer but a worse songwriter. XD They're not even comparable.
I'm plenty willing to expand my musical palette, and in fact I listen to a fair amount of classic rock as well as modernist classical music. It just so happens that my main preference is metal.

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #146 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardRAWKR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I completely agree, but in my ever-so-humble opinion Lady Gaga is garbage and I don't like her.
I'm plenty willing to expand my musical palette, and in fact I listen to a fair amount of classic rock as well as modernist classical music. It just so happens that my main preference is metal.

then we are mostly in agreement
smily_headphones1.gif
my main taste is also metal, but i branch out fairly often, mainly to hard rock and alternative. but periodically to pop. Though my pop consists entirely of Lady GaGa, and A Fine Frenzy, who are definitely at two different ends of pop haha

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #147 of 194
Quote:

then we are mostly in agreement
smily_headphones1.gif
my main taste is also metal, but i branch out fairly often, mainly to hard rock and alternative. but periodically to pop. Though my pop consists entirely of Lady GaGa, and A Fine Frenzy, who are definitely at two different ends of pop haha

Hey I can even listen to some Michael Buble on occasion.
The only things I WILL NOT listen are Country, and Rap/Hip-Hop.

EDIT: Please note the edit in my last post. I have a tendency to think of something after I've posted a lot.

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #148 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardRAWKR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey I can even listen to some Michael Buble on occasion.
The only things I WILL NOT listen are Country, and Rap/Hip-Hop.

EDIT: Please note the edit in my last post. I have a tendency to think of something after I've posted a lot.

yeah i dont do country or hip hop either, and only very little rap.

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #149 of 194
Meh, I think some music is actually garbage; but that's a very small amount
smily_headphones1.gif

But yea to each his own; if someone likes whatever type of music they like; then I have no problem with that; if it weren't for people liking and promoting their favorite genres I would have never listened to and now love acoustic, hardcore, and classical music.

But I really... kinda only like Lady Gaga more for her beats and just the overall sound. I have recently gotten some Rihanna stuff and other rap of that kind just because of the higher, energetic beats. I don't necessarily listen to the lyrics (I have "real" hip hop for that)
smily_headphones1.gif
But I just like to bump to the music once in a while.

Mar 23, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #150 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrjoe815 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

She sings like a first year conservatorium student.

There are many many many singers and songwriters out there who are significantly better than Gaga and aren't even earning close to 1/10th of what gaga is earning. Add that to the fact they will never earn much money because they don't have "pop sensibility", coupled with the fact they work extremely hard every day of their life just to pay the bills and you leave me depressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back