L3000 no more available !
Oct 5, 2005 at 12:23 AM Post #31 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
There better not be anything better than the L3000 coming out for the next few years
mad.gif

2012. 50th anniversary. Expect a killer.
biggrin.gif

Oct 5, 2005 at 2:00 AM Post #36 of 77
i seem to recall bluetin having the green L3000, go quick before theyre out!!

Oct 5, 2005 at 3:56 AM Post #37 of 77
Wow, It'll be interesting to see what will be AT's next "W" cans. Hope they don't cost around $1k. As far as the L3000G, last I checked it was still on AT's website. Whether or not if they have it in stock is another question.

Oct 5, 2005 at 8:24 AM Post #38 of 77
Ugh, thanks to the audio technica's announcement, I'd bet that those remaining L3000s sitting on store shelves will sell at twice the previous rate... since they've been moving roughly 200 units in a year... the last 80 will finish in something 3 months. Greaaaaaat. *judging by my calculations I'll only be able to afford one by november next year -_-*

Oct 5, 2005 at 11:41 AM Post #39 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
There's 1 less pair available as of 5 minutes ago.

Mitch

congrats on your purchase!
biggrin.gif

Oct 5, 2005 at 11:54 AM Post #40 of 77
heheheheheheheheh.... !!!! ????

Best!
Nicola

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 5, 2005 at 11:56 AM Post #41 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachikoma
Ugh, thanks to the audio technica's announcement, I'd bet that those remaining L3000s sitting on store shelves will sell at twice the previous rate... since they've been moving roughly 200 units in a year... the last 80 will finish in something 3 months. Greaaaaaat. *judging by my calculations I'll only be able to afford one by november next year -_-*

I feel your pain. I'm pretty much in the same situation. Can't afford them now and good luck finding them when I can.

Oct 5, 2005 at 3:05 PM Post #42 of 77
Thank god, I was scared for a sec.. finally shipped today.

Oct 5, 2005 at 6:23 PM Post #44 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
I feel your pain. I'm pretty much in the same situation. Can't afford them now and good luck finding them when I can.

Ugh, how annoying, I'm in the same boat as well. Oh well, there's always the new JVC.

Oct 9, 2005 at 2:56 PM Post #45 of 77
I ordered my L3000's on 9-23 and received them yesterday! I knew they were going to be rechecked by AT Technicians before they were sent to me but based on this thread I was getting a little worried that I would be receiving an e-mail that said Sorry, we're all out!

Also curiously I think I purchased my L3000's from the same person as Nik and my ser no is T328/500 . Seems like Nik purchased his months earlier and got a later ser no.
confused.gif

I'm a definite believer of break-in but part of the fun for me is listening to them often during this period. They sound very good out of the box with the Earmax AE and stock tubes (at the low volumes I listen at) with the promise of getting much better from here.

Also a BIG Thank You to Nik for his recommendation of tubes that are readily available and inexpensive for the Earmax AE. I've puchased 3 sets but haven't rolled them in yet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back