Kramer-mod... KSC75...
Jul 11, 2005 at 1:12 AM Post #16 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick
hehehe, i actually did that while the plastic grill was off my portapros... i held them so the driver didnt vibrate against my ear...

didnt do a comparo though hehe

Actually, maybe cutting and gluing a metal mesh screen in lieu of the plastic grill would be worthwhile. Anybody wanna try it? Or will I have to be the first?

Jul 11, 2005 at 2:26 AM Post #17 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by 12thgear
Actually, maybe cutting and gluing a metal mesh screen in lieu of the plastic grill would be worthwhile. Anybody wanna try it? Or will I have to be the first?

I did that to my HD497s...replaced the drilled plastic grille with aluminum screen mesh. I'm surprised how great they sound now...they're actually listenable
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2005 at 2:44 AM Post #18 of 542
Actually, I am looking for an enclosure for the ksc-50 drivers.
I broke all plastics on them. After that, I mod them (re-cable). Now, I can listen to them but no housing for them. They sound beautiful, recabled with speaker wires. Does anyone have an idea what can I do with them, aside from selling them?

Jul 11, 2005 at 2:48 AM Post #19 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBO
Actually, I am looking for an enclosure for the ksc-50 drivers.
I broke them. After that, I mod them (re-cable). Now I can listen to them but no housing for them. Does anyone have an idea what I can do with them, aside of selling the drivers?

Do another Kramer-mod and mount the Koss drivers in some other headphones housing!
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2005 at 2:54 AM Post #20 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by arspy87
Do another Kramer-mod and mount the Koss drivers in some other headphones housing!
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

I've been looking, but not luck. Last time, I tried some American Airlines headphones, but the drivers didn’t fit very well. I managed to install it but, since they were closed, they didn’t sound right.
frown.gif

By the way, with the re-cabling, sound open up a lot. Especially, bass spectrum.

Jul 11, 2005 at 8:55 AM Post #21 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBO
I've been looking, but not luck. Last time, I tried some American Airlines headphones, but the drivers didn’t fit very well. I managed to install it but, since they were closed, they didn’t sound right.
frown.gif

By the way, with the re-cabling, sound open up a lot. Especially, bass spectrum.

Make ATH-EW9s clones with them- give the drivers a wooden enlclosure with leather earpads and metal based clipon pieces. Classy. Now if only I could get an EW9s smiley...
5000smile.gif
Abe

Aug 1, 2005 at 8:33 PM Post #22 of 542
Alright, I did the mod yesterday and it sounds great. Just one minor problem is that with all the holes on the guard, it seems like there'll be a lot of debris and dust that can easily come in contact with the driver. I'm going to try a single sheet of tissue paper to see if that'll provide a nice cover without changing the sound too much.

Aug 1, 2005 at 11:38 PM Post #23 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmunky
Alright, I did the mod yesterday and it sounds great. Just one minor problem is that with all the holes on the guard, it seems like there'll be a lot of debris and dust that can easily come in contact with the driver. I'm going to try a single sheet of tissue paper to see if that'll provide a nice cover without changing the sound too much.

Try a regular mesh cloth(similar to Grado's technique)- using tissue might deteriorate under sweat and the summer heat. I'm thinking using something almost like what you'd see in lingerie would do it.

biggrin.gif
Abe

Aug 2, 2005 at 12:38 AM Post #24 of 542
Has anybody tried putting KSC-35/75 drivers into a closed enclosure yet?

I feel like doing this with a pair of Sony MDR-V300, which look cool but sound like crap.

Aug 2, 2005 at 12:53 AM Post #25 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda
Has anybody tried putting KSC-35/75 drivers into a closed enclosure yet?

I feel like doing this with a pair of Sony MDR-V300, which look cool but sound like crap.

I mounted some in a V6 and was less than impressed... the earcup colors the mids.... just the same way it colors the standard V6 driver. IMHO it might work better in a larger earcup, maxell HP2000 perhaps?

Nov 11, 2005 at 6:33 PM Post #26 of 542
Was bored last night, decided to recable mine...

dscn64564yu.jpg

dscn64599nl.jpg

Overall sound seems warmer. Midrange seems fuller, and bass is tighter while extending a little lower. The hole additions brighten and clean up the treble, the recable cleans up the mids and bass. Theres less of a dip from 300-800 Hz.

Portability takes a big hit though, at least with the Canare 22 AWG cable I used. IMHO theyre not really portable cans any more, the canare cable is much stiffer than the OEM koss cord.

Garrett

Nov 11, 2005 at 7:57 PM Post #27 of 542
aaah! i opened em up from pure curiosity, and when i was putting the grill back on it slipped and made a huge carve right into the driver ..paper.. aah i got scared
frown.gif

but thank god these babies arent that weak, they sound exactly the same
icon10.gif
but still that little ..cosmetic error inside is bugging me

Nov 11, 2005 at 8:14 PM Post #28 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatality_
aaah! i opened em up from pure curiosity, and when i was putting the grill back on it slipped and made a huge carve right into the driver ..paper.. aah i got scared
frown.gif

but thank god these babies arent that weak, they sound exactly the same
icon10.gif
but still that little ..cosmetic error inside is bugging me

LOL... I did the same thing to mine. I used duct tape and was able to pull it back out. DOH!!

Nov 11, 2005 at 9:08 PM Post #29 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
LOL... I did the same thing to mine. I used duct tape and was able to pull it back out. DOH!!

How do you exactly put duct tape on it without pushing it even deeper?
confused.gif

Nov 11, 2005 at 10:44 PM Post #30 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatality_
How do you exactly put duct tape on it without pushing it even deeper?
confused.gif

Very carefully.... actually I just poked around and it the dent popped back out by itself.

Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back