Koss Pro DJ100 Source Issues.
Apr 12, 2013 at 5:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Sony Slave

100+ Head-Fier
I'm thinking about purchasing these headphones, they have everything I could  possibly ask for, but there is one problem,
Many reviews have claimed that you need the right source with enough ohms for these headphones to sound good. As of right now I have a Phillips GoGear Ariaz, and the sound that comes out of it is great.

Will my mp3 player be the right "Source" and have enough "Juice" to properly power these headphones?

Apr 13, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #2 of 10
Quote:
I'm thinking about purchasing these headphones, they have everything I could  possibly ask for, but there is one problem,
Many reviews have claimed that you need the right source with enough ohms for these headphones to sound good. As of right now I have a Phillips GoGear Ariaz, and the sound that comes out of it is great.

Will my mp3 player be the right "Source" and have enough "Juice" to properly power these headphones?

I think it sounds very good for the money, but you will likely appreciate it more with an external amp. Add some Audio Technica M50 pads to these and they're very good. Make sure your music is at least 320 kbps, too. There are other good options in its price range, so maybe shop around a bit. One really good thing is Koss has a lifetime warranty with their products (correct me if I'm wrong Tdock)

Apr 13, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #3 of 10
Instead of the hassle with trying to see if they're good with your source you can also try the Koss UR-55 or Creative Aurvana Live.
Honestly, the DJ100 might not be my first choice as a portable headphone (for actual portable use
biggrin.gif
). It's really picky for me. I don't want to argue about this any more.

I do think that the sound improves dramatically with different pads due to a better seal and foam over the driver. I love them with Auray Velour pads.

I think in 3 years I've only loved them with 2 sources. Clip+, but only with M50 pads and then with an Ipod 3G from 2002.

My Ipod Touch 2G was good with them, but it's headphone jack has been dead for 2 years. Need to fix that.

Apr 13, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #4 of 10
Ok I see, I think i'm going to purchase the sony mdr-v6 then.

Apr 13, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

I really don't blame you, this kind of 12 year old foolishness should have been carried on in PM's and not your thread where you asked a simple question for help.
In my opinion this thread should have been cleaned up by a moderator as it got out of hand, It's a shame that there are those here that carry on like this.

Enjoy your MDR-V6's they are a great can!

Apr 13, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

They are tried and true, so I'm sure you'll be content with them (at least for awhile) and you won't have any guilt over contradicting your profile name
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

The dj100's overall, sound like a very clean, zero distortion version of AM radio. 

If you think it sounds like that it is your source . I have these and they sound fantastic.   Granted I am not running it thru some Sansa clip and  I am using them thru a real stereo receiver.T he sound is the best headphones I have heard in this price range .  The only way to know is to try them out .  

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
I think it sounds very good for the money, but you will likely appreciate it more with an external amp. Add some Audio Technica M50 pads to these and they're very good. Make sure your music is at least 320 kbps, too. There are other good options in its price range, so maybe shop around a bit. One really good thing is Koss has a lifetime warranty with their products (correct me if I'm wrong Tdock)

That is correct all Koss products carry lifetime. And they will replace them no questions asked, have done 2  pairs of ktxpro's which have a inline volume which wears out after 3-4 years. 

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #9 of 10
Guys, in the future, please don't respond to trolling, just report it and ignore it. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back