Koss Portapro problem
Apr 19, 2007 at 7:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Freddi

New Head-Fier
The left phone on my portapro has started making some "scratching" sounds sometimes. Mostly on prominent bass. It goes away by itself after a while. The headset is maybe 6 years old, so the receipt is long gone. Koss won't fix it for free without this. Maybe some of you know what the problem could be, and how to fix it by myself?

If I can't fix it I was thinking of buying the ksc75's and putting them on the portapro headband. Not a bad replacement, but if possible I want to try and fix these and save the money...

Apr 19, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #3 of 6
I e-mailed koss awhile ago about the warranty. They said "Please include: $6.00 for US warranty or $7.00 for Canadian for the return shipping and handling per stereophone (money order, cashier's check, or personal check: payable to Koss Stereophones), a note describing the failure, as well as your contact information: return shipping address, phone number and email." Nothing about needing a receipt. Although this may be only for Canada/US

Apr 19, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #5 of 6
I'll try and clean it first. I have a long history of breaking things, so I have to convince myself it's safe...
rolleyes.gif

On the Koss norwegian homepage it says that the warranty can not be claimed without the original receipt shown. And that the headset should be delivered in the store they were bought! This sounds like bs...
very_evil_smiley.gif
Why should any of this be necessary when there's a lifetime warranty? If I can't fix it, I think I'll try and send them in anyways. Maybe they'll just fix it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back