KOJO KM01-BRASS : With a (32Ω) 20mW +20 mW impression and appreciation thread
Dec 10, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #242 of 281
The Kojo is indeed a splendid instrument! One of my most treasured audio possessions.

Mar 30, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #245 of 281
Serial number 030/300 reporting!

What a gem of an amp this little bugger is. And I'm not even into stack-fi anymore. Still couldn't resist its sweet signature in the end.

Mar 30, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #246 of 281
Serial number 030/300 reporting!

What a gem of an amp this little bugger is. And I'm not even into stack-fi anymore. Still couldn't resist its sweet signature in the end.

Welcome to the club!!! The Kojo is truly something special! The more I listen, the more impressed I become.

May 5, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #248 of 281
47/300 here!!

Even though it is really heavy despite the small size, I love how it sounds when paired with my TG!334. Really impressed

Amazing that such great sound can come from one tiny AAA battery!

Jun 17, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #250 of 281
Hi
My nite time Simple rigs

Source : ak 100 Final Audio Design Edition
Amp : Ko Jo KM 01 Brass Limited Edition 300 pcs
Headphone : LCD XC
Cable : mini to mini Crystal Cable Dream line series
SAA Endorphin balance 3 pin use Abyss adapter to balance 4 pin and use 4 pin to mini plug

High : very smooth and clear
Mid : very sweet tube like midrange , very clear and clean
Bass : very good impact and bass speed
Separation : very good music separation
Soundstage : like in small jazz room

Overall : with this set up , LCD XC sound so sweet and never get boring , I can listen for hours before sleep
This sound quality is like tube sound quality
For nite time mostly I use close headphone , that not disturb :Dmy wife

IMO

[/quote

Hi Rudi,

May I know where can I buy the mini to mini crystal cable dream line? Is it from Jaben Hong Kong?

Jul 6, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #252 of 281
mmm......fellow headfier wants to sell his Ko Jo Brass 01  amp to me. I'm really tempted after backreading the entire thread. My question is: how is the build quality? Any issues or design defects that I should be aware of since the amp is pre-owned? tia. 

Jul 6, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #253 of 281
mmm......fellow headfier wants to sell his Ko Jo Brass 01  amp to me. I'm really tempted after backreading the entire thread. My question is: how is the build quality? Any issues or design defects that I should be aware of since the amp is pre-owned? tia. 

The build quality is excellent with the case carved from a block of brass. The battery access hatch is easily removed but care should be used when replacing the battery as it is a tight fit in the holder. Long fingernails are a big help.

As the brass case is a relatively soft material, it is easily scratched. There is no lacquer used as a protective coating to prevent tarnish, so if you want to maintain the bright polished finish, it will require maintenance with a non-abrasive metal polish.

I have had no funtional issues at all with mine but have so far resisted the temptation to remove the bottom cover to examine the innards.

All that said, the sound is absolutely beautiful. I usually get about 12-14 hours of play time from one alkaline AAA cell.

Hope this helps.

Jul 6, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #255 of 281
The build quality is excellent with the case carved from a block of brass. The battery access hatch is easily removed but care should be used when replacing the battery as it is a tight fit in the holder. Long fingernails are a big help.

As the brass case is a relatively soft material, it is easily scratched. There is no lacquer used as a protective coating to prevent tarnish, so if you want to maintain the bright polished finish, it will require maintenance with a non-abrasive metal polish.

I have had no funtional issues at all with mine but have so far resisted the temptation to remove the bottom cover to examine the innards.

All that said, the sound is absolutely beautiful. I usually get about 12-14 hours of play time from one alkaline AAA cell.

Hope this helps.

mmm....thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. I'm not really OC with superficial scratches (although I always handle my headfi gear with due care). I don't think I can pass on the offer (about usd500.00, negotiable)  since this amp is very rare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back