Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 8, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #35,341 of 64,052
Anybody used new KZ Bluetooth APT-X module? Some impressions?

Avoid like the plague... With my phone in my pocket the connections stutters all the time and they managed to switch the left and the right side. It seems all the cables have these problems.

I opened it up in the hopes I could do the antenna mod as with the older model, but it uses a different kind of antenna so that's not possible.

Aug 8, 2018 at 3:31 AM Post #35,342 of 64,052
I bought the Tizen one on Aliexpress, its somewhat better, the first gen ones were horrible when it came to cutouts but the current 2 pod 8hour ones have reduced it a lot,

I still get some with specific songs

Aug 8, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #35,343 of 64,052
My Tin T2's arrived today. They are great, but honestly... is there a damn trick to replacing these earpads?

The default ones are too large and I can't fit any others on, haha.

Get the QKZ tips from aliexpress QKZ store.T400 works brilliantly with the T2. I replaced mine with M size foam from QKZ and it solved too much pressure issues in my ear too.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #35,344 of 64,052
Avoid like the plague... With my phone in my pocket the connections stutters all the time and they managed to switch the left and the right side. It seems all the cables have these problems.

I opened it up in the hopes I could do the antenna mod as with the older model, but it uses a different kind of antenna so that's not possible.

yes, its one of the worst bt products I have tried the last 5 years. Bad antenna that drops after 2-3m inside, unusable outside and wired wrong.

After refund I paid 3.5$ for it, still too much. Bad news is I ordered another one on sale from same seller before I received the first, so that one will also be disputed.

Stick with the trn.

Aug 8, 2018 at 4:43 AM Post #35,345 of 64,052
Just saw this product by NiceHCK, the "PHB"
How would u compare it as sound signature to any kz of the line?
How are bass and sub-bass there? And how much is it big compared to other kzs?

Hi

I receive it and it's totally différent. Not same hardware, not same signature. They are good but more bassy and less treble. ZS6 are more flat.

Ps : i'm french Youtube reviewer and i see this thread since few months . Sorry for my language.

Aug 8, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #35,346 of 64,052
Hi

I receive it and it's totally différent. Not same hardware, not same signature. They are good but more bassy and less treble. ZS6 are more flat.

Ps : i'm french Youtube reviewer and i see this thread since few months . Sorry for my language.

I guess I can scratch the phb off my list now. Thanks for the info.

Aug 8, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #35,349 of 64,052
PHB is treble rolled of so it gives perception of subbass boosted but is better than stock ZS6 by miles.

PHB ressemble à de la mousse sur l'un des pilotes BA of KZ ZS6 but with slightly better speed and control and slight bassy

After few music to compare. I understand you're post. Phb is more darkish so bass is more loud for same volume of miss/high. I like them because no sibilance and beautiful sound.

I will compare with my macaw gt600s

Aug 8, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #35,350 of 64,052
Received my KZ ZS10 today, first impressions are that the treble is a bit sharp, even for my old ears, so a bit of EQ, ah, thats better. Bass is well extended/clean, mids, not too forward, with good depth/width of soundstage, and good separation between instruments.Another keeper. It amazes me, the quality/price ratio, you can get these days, long may it continue.

Aug 8, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #35,351 of 64,052
Received my KZ ZS10 today, first impressions are that the treble is a bit sharp, even for my old ears, so a bit of EQ, ah, thats better. Bass is well extended/clean, mids, not too forward, with good depth/width of soundstage, and good separation between instruments.Another keeper. It amazes me, the quality/price ratio, you can get these days, long may it continue.

What about KZ AS10 ?? 5BA drivers there.

Anyone had to test latest ZS10 ? i skipped the ZS 10 but i now wanna get the AS10 5BA drivers version.
Dear Forumers, Any thoughts?

Aug 8, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #35,352 of 64,052
What about KZ AS10 ?? 5BA drivers there.

Anyone had to test latest ZS10 ? i skipped the ZS 10 but i now wanna get the AS10 5BA drivers version.
Dear Forumers, Any thoughts?

I recommend the AS10 over the ZS10. Well balanced signature with awesome technical ability. Wrote a preview which you can check out here. Full review will be up some time next week.

Aug 8, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #35,353 of 64,052
Today is the day, i have a coupon valid until this evening. 5$ off on ebay, so gonna pick one headphone.
I'm confused between the ES4 and the ZSA.
Fitting is the real doubt.
ZSA are sure good in fitting, but people say online the ES4 sounds way better in terms of soundstage and separation and has a better low end spectrum.

What would u pick if you were me?
I think i'm even gonna buy a pair of KZ ed9 which i'm gonna pay like 5$

Aug 8, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #35,355 of 64,052
Today is the day, i have a coupon valid until this evening. 5$ off on ebay, so gonna pick one headphone.
I'm confused between the ES4 and the ZSA.
Fitting is the real doubt.
ZSA are sure good in fitting, but people say online the ES4 sounds way better in terms of soundstage and separation and has a better low end spectrum.

What would u pick if you were me?
I think i'm even gonna buy a pair of KZ ed9 which i'm gonna pay like 5$
Get a ED16 with silver cable upgrade.

Save Monnies bro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back