Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 15, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #30,646 of 64,294
Has anybody received the ED15? I'll get the ZS10 on Tuesday and the ED15 shortly thereafter - both are in the hands of Canada Post.

cp.jpg

Apr 15, 2018 at 3:48 AM Post #30,647 of 64,294
Damn it! So many different opinions! :)
I have to try to listen to the zs10. May be it's not so bad as i thought...)
I really don't think its fair to call the ZS10 bad after so little reviews

Apr 15, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #30,648 of 64,294
Yeah, neutral really isn't KZs thing. Most of what they have (that's readily available, not discontinued models) is v or u shaped.

If you truly want a neutral IEM in the KZ price range, get the graphene dynamic driver BlitzWolf BW-ES1. Then do a few simple but very specific mods to it (requiring only a few simple items like a needle, tape, etc). It is about as flat as a pancake as you're going to get without spending a lot more $$. You will be shocked by the results, with the end result punching way above it's price range.
Most of kz iem is tuned strangely and neutral is the last thing that you're going to find here

Apr 15, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #30,652 of 64,294
I ordered the ZS10's from NiceHck and they have not even shipped yet

Mine from Nick haven't shipped either. Still processing

When did you place your order? My ZS10 from NiceHCK has just reached Singapore. I placed my order before the big aliexpress sale

Edit: Just checked aliex, I ordered on the 23rd of May

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #30,655 of 64,294
Anyone thinks KZ is too sensative to critics and that is ruining their high end IEMs ?

The ZS5 was good, a bit blurry with some detail retrival issues and treble rolloff, combined with the 2nd armature in the middle of the casing instead of the usual nuzzle.
so we get the ZS5 v2 and the ZS6 which have a dual armature in the nuzzle which improves detail but overshoots with the treble making them fatiguing for long use or treble rich songs, even with some sources making them unusable with sibilance.

Now the ZS10 while having 4 armatures + DD per side we are seeing a Treble roll off and a darker earphone, meaning that they crippled the treble due to the critics of the ZS6.

I think KZ shoild stop and retune the headphones outside input from criticism.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #30,656 of 64,294
Anyone thinks KZ is too sensative to critics and that is ruining their high end IEMs ?

The ZS5 was good, a bit blurry with some detail retrival issues and treble rolloff, combined with the 2nd armature in the middle of the casing instead of the usual nuzzle.
so we get the ZS5 v2 and the ZS6 which have a dual armature in the nuzzle which improves detail but overshoots with the treble making them fatiguing for long use or treble rich songs, even with some sources making them unusable with sibilance.

Now the ZS10 while having 4 armatures + DD per side we are seeing a Treble roll off and a darker earphone, meaning that they crippled the treble due to the critics of the ZS6.

I think KZ shoild stop and retune the headphones outside input from criticism.

My thoughts exactly: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-2039#post-14172573

Apr 15, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #30,657 of 64,294
So much judging going on while the majority of us didn’t even test the ZS10 yet...

Apr 15, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #30,658 of 64,294
So much judging going on while the majority of us didn’t even test the ZS10 yet...

My comments were based on personally owning the ZS6, both versions of the ZS5, and the FR graph posted by thephonograph.net (science FTW). I didn't even read thephonograph's review because I didn't want to be biased by their opinion.

It's obvious from the ZS10 FR graph that there's signficant treble roll-off; this cannot be denied. Maybe thephonograph.net got a defective pair and there's no treble roll-off at whatsoever - I'd love to be proven wrong.

So armed with that knowledge, coupled with ownership of and months & months of listening to the ZS5 v1, ZS5v2, and ZS6, I don't feel that my observation was just blind/baseless judging.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back