Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 14, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #2,956 of 63,943
  Oke, KZ R1 are in front of me. (sorry for my english if there will be any mistakes, I'm polish :wink:)

I can only compare'em to my old Philips SHE 9500. Seems less solid than Phillies. Sound is ok, pretty same level as SHE 9500, maybe lil bit deeper bass, but as have said, sound level is fully accepted, and it's not worse sound than in these phillies.

One big minus for me is big microphone effect. I have bought them mostly for 30-40 min jogging so you know, cable will face a lot of movement, and it's very annoying. I will have to do some modifications to reduce it, or if it wont be possible, i will have to look for other earphones (still thinkin about that CoGoo).

Any suggestions about reducing mic-effect will be very helpful.

Get an ear guide!! Pretty much removes almost all cable noise.

Like my EDSE :

Mar 14, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #2,958 of 63,943
played with my ED8m (blue) abit more, just realise how much i like them and how much it fits with denon's sound signature. so i contacted manufacturer and ask what's the difference between blue and red. the customer service told me the blue one is more bassy and the red one is more transparent. so being the usual me when facing difficult decision....i bought both 
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #2,960 of 63,943
played with my ED8m (blue) abit more, just realise how much i like them and how much it fits with denon's sound signature. so i contacted manufacturer and ask what's the difference between blue and red. the customer service told me the blue one is more bassy and the red one is more transparent. so being the usual me when facing difficult decision....i bought both :D

Wow really he said like that? I had ordered both versions too but only red reached to me. Blue is still stuck at Beijing. I love red but its already bassy. Any more bass and it becomes unbearable for me. Thankfully I got red haha.

Hmm not sure if it suits me. I have bought in-ear phones cuz its comfortable option for me, i don't really like stuff like this on photo ;/

Ear guides are totally comfortable, my friend.

Mar 14, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #2,962 of 63,943
  Where can i buy such an ear guides ? Or how to made it by myself?

I can't think of a way to make these at home. The material is important... since these are made of Silicone they are flexible and comfortable. 

I got mine with Havi B3 earphones. But some shops are selling these.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Diy-tools-welding-jig-speaker-headphone-plug-unit-retaining-clip-can-clip-8MM-9MM-10MM15MM/323026_2035855748.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/earhook-shell-Silicone-ear-hook-silicone-case/323026_32248485506.html

Also, I've heard that ear guides / hooks are also available on lunashops.

Mar 15, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #2,963 of 63,943
  I found Zero Audio tips perfect for EDSE. They are the match made in heaven. The nozzle lip fits very perfect in the inside groove of ZA tip and despite the tip being short it never slides across the length.

You need to find the tips which have such groove on the insides.

Another idea I'd like to provide is, wrap some layers of fine thread around EDSE nozzle to make it thicker. After you're done with wrapping add a drop of Glue or Superglue to make it semi permanent or permanent depending on your requirement. 

Thanks, will look!

Mar 16, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #2,964 of 63,943
Wow really he said like that? I had ordered both versions too but only red reached to me. Blue is still stuck at Beijing. I love red but its already bassy. Any more bass and it becomes unbearable for me. Thankfully I got red haha.
Ear guides are totally comfortable, my friend.

i believe on the other side of the convo is a her 
wink.gif

but anyway, yes, thats what she said. i will report back once they arrived. 

i have been using the sony XBA h3 hybrid tips with the blue ed8m. outside noise isolation improved, but bass seems abit leaner than original. i also have ER4 trip-flanged tips. i will give that a try in the coming week, if they fit.... 

Mar 16, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #2,965 of 63,943
  i believe on the other side of the convo is a her 
wink.gif

but anyway, yes, thats what she said. i will report back once they arrived. 

i have been using the sony XBA h3 hybrid tips with the blue ed8m. outside noise isolation improved, but bass seems abit leaner than original. i also have ER4 trip-flanged tips. i will give that a try in the coming week, if they fit.... 

Just a silly question, assuming you have XBA H3 and ER4.. 
What made you to listen to KZ ?

And try EDSE once, it sounds more open and balanced to me than ED8m. 

Mar 16, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #2,966 of 63,943
  Just a silly question, assuming you have XBA H3 and ER4.. 
What made you to listen to KZ ?

And try EDSE once, it sounds more open and balanced to me than ED8m. 

i ordered the H3 back in beginning of december when amazon got their pricing system wrong (roughly 40% of listed price), but then it was out of stock, so i waited quite a few months before it arrived. 

before the H3 arrived, around jan time, i was looking for other toys/replacement for my disintegrating CX450, then i came across KZ on here. i thought it will be a cheap stop-gap solution. but after ordering it, it took two months to get here, so around feb time,i was fed up with all these waiting. at the same time, so happened amazon got a good price on ER4 PT, so i ordered that. a week later, the H3 arrived, and a week after that the KZ arrived too. so now i have three pairs of iem 
biggrin.gif

if i have to rate it, for home/desktop use (movies, music) i like the KZ the most. on the move, i like the ER4 mainly because it is so light and easy to handle. the H3.... im thinking about offloading them too the second hand market,

Mar 16, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #2,967 of 63,943
  i ordered the H3 back in beginning of december when amazon got their pricing system wrong (roughly 40% of listed price), but then it was out of stock, so i waited quite a few months before it arrived. 

before the H3 arrived, around jan time, i was looking for other toys/replacement for my disintegrating CX450, then i came across KZ on here. i thought it will be a cheap stop-gap solution. but after ordering it, it took two months to get here, so around feb time,i was fed up with all these waiting. at the same time, so happened amazon got a good price on ER4 PT, so i ordered that. a week later, the H3 arrived, and a week after that the KZ arrived too. so now i have three pairs of iem 
biggrin.gif

if i have to rate it, for home/desktop use (movies, music) i like the KZ the most. on the move, i like the ER4 mainly because it is so light and easy to handle. the H3.... im thinking about offloading them too the second hand market,

lol enjoy your new IEMs 
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #2,969 of 63,943
Received KZ R1 today, wow initial impressions are great, it punches WAY above its price. I got it for $4.6 from KZ Official Flagship Store on AliExpress.
Bass quantity is more than of EDSE and is a little muddier. Sound signature is a 'fun' sound sig. I'll make a detailed post (if requested) after at least 40hr burn in. I don't expect this to exceed EDSE, but in general R1 is a very cool option. I feel confident about the cable.

Mar 19, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #2,970 of 63,943
Thank you for quick update and pictures, this will be my next one from kz :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back