Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 12, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #2,941 of 63,945
  EDSE just arrived, when i saw and felt the cable i was laughing from joy, it's damn great.
Now about the sound, it's a bit bassier than i expected, not exactly bassier but more consistent(?). though they are fresh out of the box with no burn-in.
Btw does anyone know how i can check if these are ed 2 and not edse? 

(I am comparing them with MH1)

EDIT: Silly me, was using my hifi as an amplifier and apparently the bass "issue" was from the "amplifier":)S), using them on my smartphone with v4a and on my pc directly i can now hear what i was expecting to hear at first place, i can now imagine r35(Tuners) being a complete v shaped earphone though.

EDSE comes with Red filter, while ED2 comes with Gray/Black filter. That's how you can identify.

Disclaimer : This is from what I've seen around, from user posted pics. I have with me EDSE.

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #2,942 of 63,945
Thanks for the info, mine is with red filter as most EDSE pics i have seen here.
I came in the same conclusion ED2= Dark/gray filter and EDSE red filter.

Mar 12, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #2,947 of 63,945
Guys I've received ED3 today, too bad that I'd only get to listen to it next week since I had provided address to my parents' home. Visiting there next week.... 

Quote:
  Does anyone have Aliexpress link EDSE red filter?

I've bought this one 3 different times and every time came with Red filter.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/kz-ed-Special-Edition-Ear-Headphones-HIFI-headset-music-headset-phone-headset-bass-headphone-free-shipping/1380688_1987244299.html

Mar 12, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #2,948 of 63,945
I'm thinking of buying these.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Kinden-High-Stereo-Performance-Dual-Earbud-Headphones-Headset-with-mic-with-double-color-earpads-and-cable/32295020032.html

Driver unit 8mm
Impedance 16Ω±15%
Frequency response 20-20000HZ
Sensitivity 106dB±3dB
Jack 3.5 mm
Cable length 1.20M round cord

Mar 12, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #2,951 of 63,945
chavez....since we have the same non red EDSE ...me was wondering whether your 3.5mm jack is 4 pole like mine ?

Yes they do. Altho when i was buying them it never said they are EDSe , the title was "headphones". Seller didnt know their name. Anything from aliexpress or taobao is extremly hard to get here in Serbia. When i saw the ad i asked him to picture them, sadly on the pic inline mic was hidden in the box so i assumed that were the edse. Long story short, im very satisfied and i doubt i would like flat signature of edse anyway since i listen to edm,jazz and reggae.

Mar 12, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #2,952 of 63,945
Yes they do. Altho when i was buying them it never said they are EDSe , the title was "headphones". Seller didnt know their name. Anything from aliexpress or taobao is extremly hard to get here in Serbia. When i saw the ad i asked him to picture them, sadly on the pic inline mic was hidden in the box so i assumed that were the edse. Long story short, im very satisfied and i doubt i would like flat signature of edse anyway since i listen to edm,jazz and reggae.

Mine does not have mic ...just for music...no worries...very happy with my KZ EDSE too...just checking..cheers

Mar 13, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #2,953 of 63,945
Any tips I try to put on EDSE as a replacement are loose - they slide along the nozzle.
I know that there are different tip widths, but lengths?

...yeah, I know, that's what she said.

Mar 13, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #2,954 of 63,945
Oh crap I just noticed, now I'm 1000+ head-fier :D

Quote:
  Any tips I try to put on EDSE as a replacement are loose - they slide along the nozzle.
I know that there are different tip widths, but lengths?

...yeah, I know, that's what she said.

I found Zero Audio tips perfect for EDSE. They are the match made in heaven. The nozzle lip fits very perfect in the inside groove of ZA tip and despite the tip being short it never slides across the length.

You need to find the tips which have such groove on the insides.

Another idea I'd like to provide is, wrap some layers of fine thread around EDSE nozzle to make it thicker. After you're done with wrapping add a drop of Glue or Superglue to make it semi permanent or permanent depending on your requirement. 

Mar 14, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #2,955 of 63,945
Oke, KZ R1 are in front of me. (sorry for my english if there will be any mistakes, I'm polish :wink:)

I can only compare'em to my old Philips SHE 9500. Seems less solid than Phillies. Sound is ok, pretty same level as SHE 9500, maybe lil bit deeper bass, but as have said, sound level is fully accepted, and it's not worse sound than in these phillies.

One big minus for me is big microphone effect. I have bought them mostly for 30-40 min jogging so you know, cable will face a lot of movement, and it's very annoying. I will have to do some modifications to reduce it, or if it wont be possible, i will have to look for other earphones (still thinkin about that CoGoo).

Any suggestions about reducing mic-effect will be very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back