Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 22, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #1,621 of 64,362
My personal opinion is that the kzedse is the best iem deal of 2014 by far.

You might be onto something, specially considering the build quality, sound quality and price. What a steal. I'm excited to hear the ES as well, some people prefer them over the EDSE, but I would be amazed if that's even possible.

EDIT: Okay, having listened to the ES as well, I can now draw a conclusion. It's also an excellent product, the build quality and sound quality are up there with the EDSE. The bass is definitely more noticeable than on the EDSE, but out of the gate it would seem like the EDSE has a small edge just because it's so damn amazing. They both are, the EDSE is just almost too good to be true.

Nov 22, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #1,622 of 64,362

Did you post this here because this is the Knowledge Zenith killer? 
tongue.gif

Nov 22, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #1,624 of 64,362

You might be onto something, specially considering the build quality, sound quality and price. What a steal. I'm excited to hear the ES as well, some people prefer them over the EDSE, but I would be amazed if that's even possible.

EDIT: Okay, having listened to the ES as well, I can now draw a conclusion. It's also an excellent product, the build quality and sound quality are up there with the EDSE. The bass is definitely more noticeable than on the EDSE, but out of the gate it would seem like the EDSE has a small edge just because it's so damn amazing. They both are, the EDSE is just almost too good to be true.

I agree with you on this.. It´s unreal performance for such little money..

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #1,627 of 64,362
My GR's do have the holes, but they still sound muddy, with bass bleeding into the mids. I haven't given them any
burn in time, 20 minutes listening after unboxing I chucked them at the back of the draw.
I picked them out of their box again yesterday just to see if my initial impression had changed....no, still quite horrible really.

For me these are the worst of my KZ buys, while the EDSE has been the best. I have the R3 (base edition) coming which strangely seems to have been dropped from the Flagship store....

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #1,628 of 64,362
@zeroviz - I recommend some burn-in and tip rolling for your GR. 

Just curious, do you all have some numbers that look like a serial number on the body of your GR?

I really like my GR. It's one of my favorites, much better than my EDSE.  

Frankly I am baffled why my EDSE doesn't sound as good as what many of you find. The treble of my EDSE is very dry with a very abrupt decay.  Drums and cymbals sound awful and often make me cringe.

Here are two examples of songs that I can't stand listening to using my EDSE which renders the sound of drums + cymbals ear piercingly painful:

Melody Gardot's  Quiet Fire http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsYrpHcGy5E
Kirk Whalum.-In A Whisper  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQk03N1NtEo

I have no problem listening to these two tracks with my GR. 

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #1,630 of 64,362
KZ-GK (Spartarcus) is my first KZ 's headphones. Bass is really well but silicones ears tips isn't well.  Can anybody suggest the perfect pair for it?

I use Comply TSX500. I tried Comply TS series as well but the seal is not as good TSX series.

Nov 24, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #1,632 of 64,362
After a considerable amount of usage, I am finding my KZ ES to be sounding way too good in comparison to my EDSE (both in Highs as well as Lows). In fact, EDSE seems to be having harsh highs (don't know how to describe it but it appears to be some sort of screeching sound ) in my piece. Seeing majority of KZ fans are bigger admirers of EDSE, guess it is most likely a faulty product that ended up in my case.

ATM, my KZ ES>Pistons 2.1>ES18>EDSE

Nov 24, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #1,634 of 64,362
  After a considerable amount of usage, I am finding my KZ ES to be sounding way too good in comparison to my EDSE (both in Highs as well as Lows). In fact, EDSE seems to be having harsh highs (don't know how to describe it but it appears to be some sort of screeching sound ) in my piece. Seeing majority of KZ fans are bigger admirers of EDSE, guess it is most likely a faulty product that ended up in my case.

ATM, my KZ ES>Pistons 2.1>ES18>EDSE

You are not alone. I don't like my EDSE too.

KZ DT3>KZ GR>>>KZ ES>>>KZ EDSE>>>>>>>>>>KZ ANV.

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #1,635 of 64,362
@rontant - Good to know that I am not alone in this :) Would have loved to order a pair of GRs but reading the horrors of its new design (from the recent buyers) is keeping me away from going for it.

Meanwhile, my LPS (ordered it on 23rd October) is still showing customs security scan status(this is the 4th time my package has been resent for customs in the last 4 weeks). Not sure whether I will ever receive it. Have asked the seller to extend the buyer protection which he promptly did yesterday, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back