Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 26, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #15,691 of 64,137

Running the Havi from my Clip+ and Samsung i9000 just fine. I've heard it runs off an iPhone also.

Those sources can run it... but it will never sound like it is being hyped.

My last OT about this. 

WHEN t h is my ZST(c) going to arrive?!? -.- I hope soon, never had issues with AE sellers I`ve bought from.

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #15,692 of 64,137
  Those sources can run it... but it will never sound like it is being hyped.

My last OT about this. 

WHEN t h is my ZST(c) going to arrive?!? -.- I hope soon, never had issues with AE sellers I`ve bought from.

i bought on 11.11. It was shipped on 25.11. It arrived 25.01. 2 days after I got refunded on aliexpress for the order too.

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #15,693 of 64,137
I ordered 10/12/16 and no signs yet. 14 days till order closes. Never took so long before 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 26, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #15,695 of 64,137
Hi everyone, i got my ATRs a while ago and after fiddeling  quite some time with Viper4Arise and Poweramp im very happy with the sound. I was wondering how to clean them. I always have a lot of earwax on the inside of the earbuds. Is it safe to touch them with a hard object? A toothpick for example or could I break something that way?

Jan 26, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #15,697 of 64,137
Can anyone with the KZ ZS3 earphones please look at this and tell me if I have the correct versions of these or if these were recalled? The cut/angle on the left hand earbud does not match like the right does. http://imgur.com/a/bSTYK There also may or may not be a slight channel imbalance on the left hand side. I'm wondering if I got an early version or if I have the correct version.

Jan 26, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #15,698 of 64,137
But why you said that.This is most branded audio equipment that been use by the professional.Why,cuz you like it cheap?.

I've had expensive IEM's in the past. There just isn't enough of a benefit between $16 ZST's combined with my Tennmak Pro's when I want a warmer sound to justify spending upwards of $1000.

I'm overly rational and hate pseudoscience. I don't like falling to the marketing nonsense either.

Jan 26, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #15,699 of 64,137
  Can anyone with the KZ ZS3 earphones please look at this and tell me if I have the correct versions of these or if these were recalled? The cut/angle on the left hand earbud does not match like the right does. http://imgur.com/a/bSTYK There also may or may not be a slight channel imbalance on the left hand side. I'm wondering if I got an early version or if I have the correct version.

I don't mean to be rude, but are you sure the cables are in the right pods? On my ZST's It turns out that i had been wearing them backwards for about 2 days! There is no R/L marking on the earpieces themselves, so you might wanna check that out. Best of luck!

Jan 26, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #15,700 of 64,137
  I don't mean to be rude, but are you sure the cables are in the right pods? On my ZST's It turns out that i had been wearing them backwards for about 2 days! There is no R/L marking on the earpieces themselves, so you might wanna check that out. Best of luck!

I absolutely have them in the correct pods. If you view the pictures, the R and L letters match up. The contours just don't match up and I'm concerned/confused.

Jan 26, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #15,701 of 64,137
The ZST's are formed so they fit around your tragus. If you have them backwards I don't think they would fit right? I feel for the rounded inner part to tell what ear they go in when I can't see at night.

The cables should be facing AWAY from the IEM's, and should be pushed down firm.

Jan 26, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #15,702 of 64,137
The ZST's are formed so they fit around your tragus. If you have them backwards I don't think they would fit right? I feel for the rounded inner part to tell what ear they go in when I can't see at night.

The cables should be facing AWAY from the IEM's, and should be pushed down firm.

I'm a dumbass. I figured it out. The hook needed to be bent the opposite way. The balance issue may or may still not be an issue though.

Jan 26, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #15,703 of 64,137

Even though they are curved that way, it's actually wrong. Mine were curved like that, but you have to bend them the other way for proper polarity and fit. Nothing wrong with them. It's safe since it's just a thin piece of malleable metal inside.

Jan 26, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #15,704 of 64,137
Hmm, that's weird. Maybe it was quite some time since i last bought the ZS3 silver cable so probably they didn't include now. The ZS3 cable can't fit fully into the ZST because the groove that the connection terminates are different on both ZST & ZS3 though both are using 2 pin connections. Anyway the cable quality is quite good, reminds me of my ex TFZ Series 1s cable.

The silver cable for the ZS3 is totally different than the ZST/ED12 silver cable. The ZS3 cable connectors at the shell are straight and the ZST/ED12 silver is curved
wink_face.gif

Way to hang in there Stuck, I fiddled for a while with the ZS3 silver cable myself
rolleyes.gif
They were still a little loose when I got them right but I just did what I do with loose electrical plugs and just bent the pins out ever so slightly and they work perfect now
wink_face.gif

Still did not have them right in this shot
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back