Klipsch Image IEMs ongoing review
Apr 4, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #16 of 29
Thanks!

I guess I agree about the highs, my classical stuff isn't as nice with the Images as on the 595s, but it still really does it for me for everything else, and I don't listen to classical all that much anyway.

Here's to hoping this cures the upgrade bug for awhile.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 5, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #17 of 29
Great review, I don't believe I've read an ongoing review before!

Apr 7, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #18 of 29
Thanks, seemed to make sense for me, since I don't have the breadth of experience to know what I'm likely to encounter beforehand, and my impressions were bound to change as I went along. It would have been unfair of me to post just my first thoughts as they were when I first got my Images. And maybe my tribulations will reassure someone else new to IEMs.

If nothing else, it now looks like I had a ton of thoughts to write about.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 11, 2008 at 3:23 PM Post #21 of 29
by the way, the seal you get with these rules (the-world-outside-on-my-daily-noisy-4-hours-on-british-rail just disappears). i'm always scared i'm going to perforate my ear drum though...

lovely phones and they're continuing to grow on me. the bass just feels more right than i've ever experienced (although i'm no expert nor have I tried many different options)

Apr 11, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by royhendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm always scared i'm going to perforate my ear drum though...

Haha, I know just what you mean. I haven't done so yet, and I keep switching between the large double flanges (the eardrum hazard) and the large single flanges (which work, but shift around in my ear too easily). I don't suppose there's a way to get custom molds made for these? I hear those are supposed to be comfy....

Apr 12, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by baglunch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, I know just what you mean. I haven't done so yet, and I keep switching between the large double flanges (the eardrum hazard) and the large single flanges (which work, but shift around in my ear too easily). I don't suppose there's a way to get custom molds made for these? I hear those are supposed to be comfy....

exactly the two i've been using mate. and re the custom moulds, I have some for the er-4p (from audiorelief), and they're super comfy. i'm experimenting with them on the images cos it's easy enough to slot them in. the standard tips are actually better at blocking external noise but that's probably due to the moulds not being tailored for the images.

they're also annoying in that it's super easy to knock the buds out of the custom moulds with the slightest contact.

sooooo... i'm working on making my own moulds for the images now using the existing ones as a template, and effectively embedding the bud within the silicon to make them difficult to knock out, and remove the eardrum-based paranoia! will let you know how it goes
biggrin.gif

i'm having so much fun with these. just want to make the experience perfect, you know? fizzy bass, if that makes sense. it's like eating sherbet.

Apr 23, 2008 at 12:41 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr dougie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everyone's different! The regular Klipsch buds work great for me with the IMAGE but in general I prefer foamies as do most other earphone users I know. If you've never tried them maybe you should give them a go - they are the most one-size-fits-all tips. The Shures and Complys fit the IMAGE and I've used the nice Atrio ones too.

I haven't found a double or triple flange tip I really like on anything yet, they do have to go farther in. It does sound like you might have very large ear canals though!

Other than that maybe post in the Klipsch forum here or at Klipsch to see what they say.

What size Shure foamies and which Complys fit the Image???

Apr 23, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #27 of 29
The standard Atrio fat foamies can be "persuaded" on Images pretty easily. I also had no problem getting medium Shure olives on. I haven't tried the fat Shure foamies - sorry if that wasn't clear. I can't for the life of me remember what size Complys I tried but the rounded tip foams in general (including Shure olives) don't work for me unless I reverse them.

I use the wonderful stock Image gel tips now btw and also use them on my IM716s. I wish they worked out better on my Atrios.

Apr 23, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #28 of 29
dr dougie - thanks mate - i'd like to try larger foamies with the images just to see if it's possible to get the total isolation I got with the er-4p foamies (only needed occasionally, but still - it'd be nice - best of all possible worlds for me).

to clarify, where could I pick up the image-compatible foamies (the larger the better)?

I just wish they did a size larger in the image gel tips - it'd be perfect for me.

Apr 23, 2008 at 3:46 PM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by royhendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
one thing - the connectors are developing a small tear...

Careful with your terminology... it's not the connector (which makes it sound like the cord is about to fall off), it's the sleeve around the connector that's starting to rip. As far as I can tell the connection between the cord and the IEM is as good as ever, but yes certainly the sleeve has developed a small tear. Several people are reporting in the Klipsch forum about this tear, but so far it seems to appear and then stabilize. Mine hasn't changed since I noticed it. I'm definitely keeping an eye on it, though, and will update as necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back