KENNERTON VALI - Impressions, Discussion Thread
May 19, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #31 of 271
Sign me up if there's still room.  I'm in Los Angeles, CA and my reviews are linked in my sig.  I also write for audio-head.com and I've written for guru.  Currently I'm using the Cavalli Audio Liquid Crimson and Liquid Carbon for amps and the Audio-GD DAC-19 and Resolution Audio Cantata for DAC's.  Depending on the timing, I may get to run it off the Liquid Spark, Liquid Gold and/or Liquid Tungsten.

I've heard good things about the Odin.  Looking forward to hearing a Kennerton for myself!

May 19, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #32 of 271
  Sign me up if there's still room.  I'm in Los Angeles, CA and my reviews are linked in my sig.  I also write for audio-head.com and I've written for guru.  Currently I'm using the Cavalli Audio Liquid Crimson and Liquid Carbon for amps and the Audio-GD DAC-19 and Resolution Audio Cantata for DAC's.  Depending on the timing, I may get to run it off the Liquid Spark, Liquid Gold and/or Liquid Tungsten.

I've heard good things about the Odin.  Looking forward to hearing a Kennerton for myself!

Sounds great dude. I will get you in there! Thanks for signing up. 

May 21, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #33 of 271
order
@Oregonian 
@nmatheis 
@Jimkrell 
@Soundsgoodtome 
@raybone0566 
@SomeGuyDude 
@Stillhart

Doing it geographically was a bit tuff. Especially since @raybone0566 signed up as soon as it was up I felt it a bit unfair. I don't mind the order changing if anyone wants it to. The sign up is not locked either. a couple more spots will fill it all the way up. Also... The CAYIN iHA-6 and CAYIN iDAC-6 is being considered as gear to add to the tour but we don't want to impose more shipping fees on the signees. if everyone on the list so far agrees it can happen! I think it may have to be unanimous for @Andykong to go for it. 
FWIW HE Likes the Vali with the iHA-6 as did I. 

May 21, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #35 of 271
   Also... The CAYIN iHA-6 and CAYIN iDAC-6 is being considered as gear to add to the tour but we don't want to impose more shipping fees on the signees. if everyone on the list so far agrees it can happen! I think it may have to be unanimous for @Andykong to go for it. 

Hate to be a party pooper, but I can't afford to add a DAC and Amp to the shipping costs right now unless it's something I'm super excited to hear. Sorry all!

May 21, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #36 of 271

Also... The CAYIN iHA-6 and CAYIN iDAC-6 is being considered as gear to add to the tour but we don't want to impose more shipping fees on the signees. if everyone on the list so far agrees it can happen! I think it may have to be unanimous for @Andykong to go for it. 

Hate to be a party pooper, but I can't afford to add a DAC and Amp to the shipping costs right now unless it's something I'm super excited to hear. Sorry all!

No worries. It can go locally and even possibly make its way to @Soundsgoodtome if he is interested. 

May 21, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #37 of 271
If these are that good I'll add them to my coilection.

And you should bring them by here to check on my gear (and my new amp by then)and compare to the omni.

May 21, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #38 of 271

Super HD650 or not?

I found an HD650 FS on the forum just in time before I have to pass this on Tuesday. However, it is modded and practically new and probably not burned in. So far and from plugging it in would have to say it belongs here... it just does. The Vali... well... it is making me upset because I spent all of my money and am too broke to afford it.

My trafomatic is one of those amps that will show a good amount of scalability on the HD650(from comparing it to the Teton at a meet). One thing about the HD650 is that it has a lot of inner details. The micro dynamics are great and the decay isn't too long on the notes so details don't get masked unless the midbass is mixed in excess so it punches high in price to performance. It and the HiFiMan He-4 are really great headphones for sobering the high-minded audiophile. Overall, it has one of my favorite balances of any headphone so I must say I have some bias and even though the Vali costs more and is supposed to be of a higher tier, it has it's work cut out for it. 

The Vali actually sounds really good on this amp as well when it is warmed up and the right impedance is selected so I think I can make a fair comparison. 

Vali is wayyyy more dynamic and crisp with transients, has better space, tighter bass, similar mid bass but sounds a little less open at first and right now (not soundstage size but lack of reverberations from the cups). Vali midrange is even richer.  The real test will be vocals.
BTW @nmatheis Now is your chance to hear the HD650. 

May 21, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #40 of 271
May 21, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #41 of 271

Maybe one of these fine headfi fellows would be interested in a listen? Hmm? Let's give Vali some attention, guys
wink.gif

@Whitigir
@purk
@money4me247
@Cotnijoe
@Podster
@Barra
@miceblue
@reddog

Sure I am willing to help out anyone. I do not own the vali

You wanna sign up!??!?  After a few more the tour will be full. 

May 21, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #42 of 271
I'd rather if just the phones came my way. ive got new gear arriving soon so I'd like to keep shipping reasonable. Should get this by early next week

May 21, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #43 of 271
If there's still room, put me down!

1. JoeDoe
  2. Florence, AL
  3. http://www.head-fi.org/products/astell-kern-ak100ii-high-resolution-single-dac-audio-player/reviews/15221
  4. ATM, a Woo WA7tp. Hopefully in the future, an iFi iCan SE/iDAC2 stack!

May 21, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #44 of 271
I'm not much of a fan of the HD650 so calling it a "super HD650" doesn't make me excited to hear it.  But I'm withholding judgement until I do get ears on it.  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back