KENNERTON VALI - Impressions, Discussion Thread
May 16, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #17 of 271
Hell, I'm in!

1. SomeGuyDude
  2. San Antonio, TX
  3. I'm all over the Nighthawk and Momentum M2 threads right now but I also spent a ton of time in the LCD-2, Final Audio, Shure se846, X1/X2, HD650, and K712 threads when I owned those. 
  4. I'll be putting these straight into a PC and a phone to test out the low impedance, as well as a Dragonfly 1.2 and a Schiit Vali for some extra juice.

I'm VERY intrigued by these. "HD650 on steroids" is a crazy description.

May 16, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #18 of 271
  Hell, I'm in!

1. SomeGuyDude
  2. San Antonio, TX
  3. I'm all over the Nighthawk and Momentum M2 threads right now but I also spent a ton of time in the LCD-2, Final Audio, Shure se846, X1/X2, HD650, and K712 threads when I owned those. 
  4. I'll be putting these straight into a PC and a phone to test out the low impedance, as well as a Dragonfly 1.2 and a Schiit Vali for some extra juice.

I'm VERY intrigued by these. "HD650 on steroids" is a crazy description.

it is a crazy description and a tough act to follow because the HD650 scales like madd, and to this day is my fav can for the price. 

May 16, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #19 of 271
  it is a crazy description and a tough act to follow because the HD650 scales like madd, and to this day is my fav can for the price. 

It's definitely up there, though I'm well curious if it'll unseat my Nighthawks...

May 16, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #21 of 271

It's definitely up there, though I'm well curious if it'll unseat my Nighthawks...

I'm curious to see what you think as Nighthawk are on my radar as an imperfectly tuned yet exceptionally EQ-able pair of headphones.

That is still one headphone I would like to hear. 

May 16, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #23 of 271

No doubt. From what I've heard it sound murky out if the box but can be EQ'ed beyond belief with no distortion. A real chameleon!

As is a lot of murkiness when it comes to gear. Sometimes it has nothing to do with the drivers abilities or the DAC or AMPS technical performance but rather the tuning. 

May 17, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #24 of 271

Gimme your address dude, I'll shoot you mine for a week if you want. They've been fully burned in, so no worries on that front. I don't have the "audiophile" cable, though. Just the "mobile" one, but it sounds nearly the same (if you have HD700 cables those also work).

May 17, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #25 of 271

Gimme your address dude, I'll shoot you mine for a week if you want. They've been fully burned in, so no worries on that front. I don't have the "audiophile" cable, though. Just the "mobile" one, but it sounds nearly the same (if you have HD700 cables those also work).

if you don't mind I seriously want to take you up on that when my table clears up a bit. I have too much going on right now but definitely don't want to pass up your offer. if not I won't miss out and I will pm you right away. 

May 17, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #26 of 271
  if you don't mind I seriously want to take you up on that when my table clears up a bit. I have too much going on right now but definitely don't want to pass up your offer. if not I won't miss out and I will pm you right away. 

For you, dude? It's an open-ended offer. Just hit me up when you want to give 'em a try.

May 17, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #27 of 271

For you, dude? It's an open-ended offer. Just hit me up when you want to give 'em a try.

thanks!

May 19, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #28 of 271
This weekend I will finish up my impressions and notes and pictures and hopefully hand them off to @Oregonian  on Tuesday if he is up for it. On Sat I will have the completed tour list for the current signees. it is still open in case anyone is interested. 

May 19, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #29 of 271
Definitely interested if there is an extra spot!

1. WNBC
  2. Maple Valley, Washington
  3. Definitely no reviewer extraordinaire but I'll try my best (http://www.head-fi.org/users/166200/reviews)
  4. Will be used with Mojo and MicroZOTL, possibly 2nd Batch Liquid Carbon if I get the headphone at the end of August.  

Quote:
  This weekend I will finish up my impressions and notes and pictures and hopefully hand them off to @Oregonian  on Tuesday if he is up for it. On Sat I will have the completed tour list for the current signees. it is still open in case anyone is interested. 

May 19, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #30 of 271

I'll be up for it.  Good timing as I'm taking a few days off next week for a mental health break. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back