Kaldas Research RR 1 Conquest ($500 Electrostatic)
Aug 15, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #196 of 730
Doesn't matter how long it takes, I'm 100% getting an RR1... it's something I've decided I want. I just got in a custom e-stat for $350 that very much reminds me of a STAX 404 Limited, and am enjoying it very much. Still eager in anticipation for getting the Kaldas Research RR1 when it becomes available. And if (mass)drop ever materializes the Sennheiser HE-6X I would be interested in that as well.

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #197 of 730
we are going to be shipping out our first International batch this month to Germany and California
I am in California. When can I get a pair? How do I get on the next international batch? :wink:

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #199 of 730
@MrTechAgent it is nice to hear that a pair will be at ZMFestivus for me to listen again to the RR1 as I heard them at CanJam SoCal and thought they were very good. I might have to bring my Stax SRM1/MK2 that I use for my ESP 950’s also to give them a try.

Aug 16, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #203 of 730
I own over 150 Headphones, including some of the most prolific Headphones ever Manufactured and I only use one - the Bose QC35, so in my book, the RR1 is a failure.
Will need to storm Area 51 to understand how to transmit 580V Bias wirelessly first.
I have never heard the RR1, but you just got yourself another fan. :dt880smile: Respect.

Aug 16, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #204 of 730
Well, most of our current customers are domestic out of which only maybe 35% might be in the Audiophile community, others are industry professionals who are oblivious to Head-Fi.
Our production is stronger than what it was and deliveries have started since last month, in fact we are going to be shipping out our first International batch this month to Germany and California. One of our Customer is going to be taking his RR1 to the ZMF fest in October.
I've discussed this many times but here it is again - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kal...00-electrostatic.900147/page-11#post-15047278

I have requested some of my Customers to post some impressions soon but till then I will try to answer it myself. Even though I make the RR1's, at the end of the day I'm an enthusiast. I don't really care about promoting my Headphone.

The RR1 as discussed by Spritzer and Jude and many others who have posted their opinion is a slightly different take on the signature associated with E-Stats.
The RR1 has improved LF extension than most STAX, apart from the Supra-Aural SR-X but I haven't measured that yet. Also, the treble is less pronounced.

Most of our Dynamic and Isodynamic customers have praised the sound including some STAX Mafia members on a different forum although out of all the Headphones we have sold, only one Customer has disliked the RR1 who happens to own a SR-009S, he thinks the SR-009 is superior in fidelity, on the other hand we have another three Customers owning a SR-009 again and say they have replaced from the SR-009 to the RR1 for their desktop setup.

So, what does that mean? Nothing. Some may like something, some may not. That's why we have posted Measurements against SR009, Meze Empyrean, HD600, AEON, SR007MK2 etc.

In fact, I'll be posting some more graphs in a couple of days of the RR1 VS SR007MK1 VS ESP950. Furthermore, I'm leaving for Bangkok to meet @chinsettawong, the Electrostatic master himself soon.

Nobody has asked me what I, the maker of the RR1 thinks of the RR1, so I'll tell my opinion. I own over 150 Headphones, including some of the most prolific Headphones ever Manufactured and I only use one - the Bose QC35, so in my book, the RR1 is a failure.

Nicely said!

Aug 18, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #207 of 730
Would be nice to know the release target window. By the end of 2019 or 2020 maybe?

The only thing pending is the Website but production and assembly has kept us extremely busy. At this time, I am only fulfilling private orders and that list domestically itself is pretty large.
I understand that there's a balance to be kept but this is something we are still trying to improve upon. The website is a one week job but that is a whole week and I currently don't have the time to justify my time there.

The usual pattern of new companies is to dress up the website and other superficial stuff and let the folks in China worry about the production. Here, we are dealing with the whole chain.
I am not happy with the way I am doing business and understand the interest is bound to decline if we don't speed things up but, not many people get to say that they built everything from scratch.

Best Regards,
Aumkar

Aug 18, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #208 of 730
Here are some more Customer photos -

RR1 w/ KGSSHV Carbon

IMG-20190814-WA0001.jpg

A customer bought a 353X exclusively for the RR1 as his first E-Stat

Screenshot_20190818-135522_Facebook.jpg

RR1 and 009

IMG_20190813_104334_618.jpg

FQOvKqs (1).jpg

Also, our Bespoke customer. He unfortunately sent his RR1 back to us because the paint got nicked at one spot in shipping. It should be fixed and back to him soon.

IMG-20190818-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20190818-WA0008.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #210 of 730
Well these are very initial impressions, so take it with a big grain of salt L700 is a little sharper, easier to drive and has better sound stage, 3D/Holographic sound (this I believe is due to larger driver and/or my ears more used to the sound of Lambda series). RR1 have a more organic sound signature and to my ears are balanced sounding (more like a planar with little more details on few tracks). Hope this helps. :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back