K-pop, J-pop suggestions!
Feb 22, 2024 at 10:49 PM Post #3,665 of 3,846
I think this style suits them more than the last few songs I've seen of them.

Dunno SIlver. I like the tune, and others by this group. But don't really feel like I know them yet.

I could very easily confuse many of these newer groups because they often seem to be cut from such similar cloth.

I understand that times change, and music changes, but I miss the individuality of artists like Lim Kim, Gain, Lee Hyori, Sunmi, BoA, HyunA, Ailee, IU, and groups like 2NE1, Exid, After School, Apink, Stellar, AOA, F(x), Sunny Hill, Sistar, etc... I feel like I get some of that from folks like Taeyeon, Somi, Seulgi, Moonbyul, Hwasa, Itzy, Mamamoo, GIDLE, Red Velvet. And maybe Limelight and Purple Kiss. Many of the others seem to blend together.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 2:26 AM Post #3,666 of 3,846
Dunno SIlver. I like the tune, and others by this group. But don't really feel like I know them yet.

I could very easily confuse many of these newer groups because they often seem to be cut from such similar cloth.

I understand that times change, and music changes, but I miss the individuality of artists like Lim Kim, Gain, Lee Hyori, Sunmi, BoA, HyunA, Ailee, IU, and groups like 2NE1, Exid, After School, Apink, Stellar, AOA, F(x), Sunny Hill, Sistar, etc... I feel like I get some of that from folks like Taeyeon, Somi, Seulgi, Moonbyul, Itzy, Mamamoo, GIDLE, Red Velvet. And maybe Limelight and Purple Kiss. Many of the others seem to blend together.
Same here. I liked one of their songs from earlier, and then lost interest after awhile. Based on their last few songs, I don't know what their identity is. On the other hand, I feel New Jeans does have more of an identity.

This is the song/performance that drawn me to them because it suits them well, but the songs after that I couldn't get into.

And then Kcon concept was really cool, and thought their was some sort of interesting identity build, but I lost interest after that. Different direction that I would have liked to see.

I feel like this is the right concept with the synth sounds. Their early stuff was going in the right direction.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 11:58 PM Post #3,668 of 3,846
Same here. I liked one of their songs from earlier, and then lost interest after awhile. Based on their last few songs, I don't know what their identity is. On the other hand, I feel New Jeans does have more of an identity.

This is the song/performance that drawn me to them because it suits them well, but the songs after that I couldn't get into.

And then Kcon concept was really cool, and thought their was some sort of interesting identity build, but I lost interest after that. Different direction that I would have liked to see.

I feel like this is the right concept with the synth sounds. Their early stuff was going in the right direction.

Bibi is also an original. And I forgot Hwasa as well (corrected above). And ANTIFRAGILE was decent. Fwiw, I also like all these Le Sserafim tracks/videos...

EASY
FEARLESS (esp. Japamese version)
IMPURITIES
BLUE FLAME
EVE, PSYCHE & BLUEBEARD'S WIFE (original version)
PERFECT NIGHT

...but still don't feel like I know em. :smile:

Feb 24, 2024 at 12:17 AM Post #3,671 of 3,846
Some new stuff by the dudes.

Only 27k view so far on this, and it's been out about 2 weeks. I like several tracks by this group though.

Nomad "Oasis" = banger imo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back