JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Nov 8, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #1,336 of 1,936
Quote:
No problem. Much better than seeing them go to waste. I hope you enjoy FXD-80s.
I really love the FXD-90s, and it seems JVC will soon be rolling out some "high-end" IEMs, But I will definitely have a good long listen to those before parting with the cold hard.

If you have not been up to date on these lil' monsters, JVC is gonna be releasing soon. Got everyone here drooling esp. Dsnuts. LoL

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632273/jvc-ha-fxz-100-200

Personally it seems like over kill for me, but probably will buckle down and give in after reading another of Ds subtle reviews and impressions.
biggrin.gif

Those fraken IEMs are too rich for my blood!!! ha

Nov 8, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #1,338 of 1,936
Quote:

LOL !   ....seriously ?

Guess history repeats itself ?   ...JVC is also using CNT to cut off our heads !   ...and it's mass beheadings this time !
eek.gif

I know right ghost, after those fxz 100/200 are released it is off with our Head/fi is gonna go crazy over them since Currawong was already REALLY impressed during an initial listening. 
popcorn.gif

edit: How exactly did they use carbon nanotubes to cut off hands back in the days? Diamond blades LoL??? but not nanotubes though.... care to inform us some more kiteki or are you just pulling at our legs here???

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #1,340 of 1,936
Quote:

WoW thats some awesome read, really interesting that even with all of our "modern" technologies we still are not able to fully replicate those amazing Damascus CNT blades.

Thanks Kiteki for informing us on the historical usage of CNT tech. Crazy stuff indeed. Now all I need is one of them sexy Damascus Swords to make my CNT collection complete. LoL

Bring it JVC!!!

Nov 11, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #1,343 of 1,936
I bought mine directly from JVC themselves, it was all in Japanese and I'm not Japanese, and I had to use a Japanese credit card or it wouldn't work, and send to a Japanese postal address or it wouldn't work, it was a huge hassle and I ended up with a receipt from JVC themselves and a limited edition leather case designed specifically for the JVC FXD80.

Every ebay seller with positive feedback above 99% and above 50 ratings should be perfectly fine.  There are no fakes of the JVC FXD80.  You can try this seller - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JVC-HA-FXD80-Z-Dynamic-Closed-Canal-Earphone-Color-Gun-Metallic-/120975060467

The JVC FXD80 is perfectly fine with weak amplification like smartphones, however similar to the FXT-90 it loves some extra voltage and current.  Not the Fiio E6 I mean a real amplifier, so then you're spending at least the same price twice for chasing the last ~15% performance.

For a V-shaped signature the FXD80 is stil severely overlooked in my view.  I really need to review it.

Nov 11, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #1,344 of 1,936
I mean, if you listen to Jazz... perhaps this is not your kind of IEM, but Ericp10 loves it to death and he only listens to Jazz!!

If you watch a lot of movies, this is a killer IEM for that, especially action.

If you like complex electronic music, once more it's a killer in the clarity and bass quality, it's like a diamond hand wearing a feather glove.

While it's a little difficult, if you wear the FXD80 over-ear style, and push it very deep in your canal (make sure there's no wax), then you're welcomed to a new level of intimacy you won't even hear in $3000 full-size headphones.

If the sound of the FXD80 could fill an entire room, I wonder how much those speakers would cost?

The only caveat of the FXD80 to keep in mind is it's distinctly V-shaped.  Yes, the neutral vocals are in full attendance, they're just getting shouted over by the sub-woofer and the diamond tweeter.

Nov 11, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #1,345 of 1,936
For a V-shaped signature the FXD80 is stil severely overlooked in my view.  I really need to review it.

+1

I've moved away from v sigs but the fxd80 was the best. Even though recessed the mids were very detailed.

Nov 14, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #1,346 of 1,936
Nov 15, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #1,348 of 1,936
Seems like the FXD80 excitement has died down around here............... just in time for JVC's next high-tech statement.

I think the FXD series was definitely a FOTM. They aren't bad per say, but won't be classics like the GR07. 

Been listening today
FXD60-bloated bass, offensive treble
FXD70-bass is nice, noticably less than the other 2, but the treble is metallic, sharp midrange. 
FXD80-2nd bassiest, still bloated IMO. Treble is almost like the 70's, maybe a bit smoother
All are recessed in the midrange, with the 70 being the least. 70 is noticeably the best IMO. 

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #1,349 of 1,936
Quote:
FXD70-bass is nice, noticably less than the other 2, but the treble is metallic, sharp midrange.   
All are recessed in the midrange, with the 70 being the least. 70 is noticeably the best IMO. 

Due to my new xba3's, my new fxd70's (and new mh1c's and new r1's lol) haven't been getting as much attention as they should be.

One issue I was having with the fxd70's was the brightness. I threw on the r1 foam tips onto the 70's though, and wow, the brightness is controlled and now I can really appreciate them.

Nov 15, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #1,350 of 1,936
cool suggestion, you also inspired another idea, which I will get back into later. I honestly won't bother listening to the 80s and 60s anymore, like the Earpods more (even more than MH1)

The XBA3 and the H100 seem to be the better v-shaped IEMs out there. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back