JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Jul 9, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #661 of 1,936
Quote:

True, though. I'm tired of seeing IMO, my 2 cents, in my humble opinion. What a waste. Of course it's your opinion. What should be the rule rather than the exception is someone stating that what they just said is a fact. (There's more light out during the day than at night; the sky is blue lots of times, etc.)

Well according to my ears, one has to make his opinion known. FWIW, things like dynamics and musicality are very subjective and should be taken with a grain of salt. Otherwise things can get off-topic, and stray from the frequency graphs. Just my 2c in my opinion because everyone hears differently. 
beerchug.gif

Jul 9, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #662 of 1,936
Quote:

Well according to my ears, one has to make his opinion known. FWIW, things like dynamics and musicality are very subjective and should be taken with a grain of salt. Otherwise things can get off-topic, and stray from the frequency graphs. Just my 2c in my opinion because everyone hears differently. 
beerchug.gif

I don't get where you're coming from. Mine is, if most of what everyone says is opinion, why does it need to be qualified as such? (imho)  :wink:

Jul 9, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #664 of 1,936
Quote:

I don't get where you're coming from. Mine is, if most of what everyone says is opinion, why does it need to be qualified as such? (imho)  :wink:

Because a lot of times (most times?) people think that their opinion is a statement of fact about a particular iem, instead of a statement of fact about how they perceive the iem.

Wait, did I miss a joke here... 

Jul 10, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #669 of 1,936
Quote:
For guys that don't know about why these drivers need a significant burn in process. Just look at what the drivers are made out of. Carbon Nanotubes. On top of that they are the smaller micro HD versions which makes them even more stiffer than a traditional 8-10mm drivers on most earphones. Bottom line these need more of a break in than most earphones. The higher volume beat driven method not only works but actually makes these sound right.

Somehow for the many that judge these from open box or just casually using them I feel will not be able to hear these at their full potential.. 

Every single person that drank the burn in koolaid or does it anyway like me says it changes. This isn't no collective brain burn in we are talking about here. It just makes sense and the sound does change for the better. Even if you don't believe in burn in. Try it and you don't even have to post that you did it. Just do it and see for yourself..You have everything to gain and nothing to loose by trying it out. Casually listening to these won't do it. You would have to listen to them casually for a good 1000 hours plus at moderate loudish volumes to probably get the same results. If at that.

Dwygamoa!

Anyway, I've reach the point where I don't even bother listening to them out of box anymore, just pop them on the burning station, making sure there's 'noise' coming out of both phones and leave them there for a week.

I'll start them on 50% - 60% volume for a day and then up it to 70% - 80% for the rest of the burn. Have not been disappointed with this process so far as all my IEM are sounding as Dsnuts described. 

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #671 of 1,936
Threads really gone adrift ....

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #673 of 1,936
Well I completely ignored DSNUTS advice to buy the 40 and got the FXD80 instead which arrived with me in the UK yesterday less than a week after ordering from Japan :)

They only have 20 hours of HEAVY burn in right now but am loving them already.

I really like the provided M tips but thought I'd try some others seeing as everyone else was playing around. Bearing in mind I get a great seal with the provided M tips I wasn't expecting too much of a change. However, trying these with de-cored shure olives produces an insane level of bass. If you've got access to some, give it a go.

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #674 of 1,936
Quote:
What cute stated is accurate, vienbo. The CKM500 is nice but a bit too syrupy compared to the D80

Cute, the customs did not work for my ears and the D80. I've been tip rolling and realized that as much as I like the stock tips, those tips seem to block some of the sound holes of the D80 and D70, therefore holding the details back. What I've found that works well for me now are some double-flange silicon tips that came with the RE3262. They're longer than the average double-flanges by a bit and don't obstruct the speaker holes of the D80. Great sound and fit for me.

Thanks for backing cute's comments eric, I love the ckm500 effects as it definately reminds me of the a900x's. I will buy the jvc fxd80 for pure detail while selling the ckm77s. Hehe, selling a stainless steel earphone for an even bigger gun metal/steel earphone, what a good tradeoff!! That and the sounds will blow the ckm77s out of the water, I didn't like the highs of the ckm77s that much.

Jul 10, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #675 of 1,936

I just received my package of Ts-500 today and am trying them out as I type. They have changed the FXD80 up a TON. Bass is now massive! But I am actually kind of enjoying the bass LOL. The treble spike is now very much in control though. So anyone struggling with that one peak might enjoy this tip a lot. Also if your like me and find the weight of the IEM causing pressure fluctuations the foam helps alleviate that as well.

Not sure if anyone here has been reading my Monster NCredible N-Ergy thread but I am doing an A/B/C comparison between that IEM, the FXD80, and the FX40 and the FXD80 has been holding it's own, FX40 NOT NEARLY SO MUCH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back