JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100
Apr 16, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #76 of 663
I have these and i actually like these a lot. Technically jhaudio layla are better however i like these also because these makes listening fun. With linum balanced cables, they sound just right for me. Bass and soundstage are awesome. Mids and highs are ok. Not sibilant highs.

I use these for listening to rock, folk rock etc. with the ak240, crystal cable and intruder, everything's good. Lately I haven't had enough time with these as i'm still in the honeymoon stage with my layla's.

I am planning to buy Layla but I heard that it sound too hifi is that true? So I might get Angie instead.

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #80 of 663
I think you would have to hear both and choose what you want.

I was able to hear both in hk and bought the jvc. A mo or two later, bouught the layla's.

Though i enjoy the jvc, there is room for me for the layla when i want to hear micro details and have a more accurate presentation. Its different tools for different uses.

You may want to look over the layla and angie thread.

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #83 of 663
I just got my Angie. And I thought Angie is more fun to listen to but nope! JVC wins.. Angie truly is for reference very neutral sounding. Now one wonders what more with Layla? Still happy I've purchased Angie.

Apr 22, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #84 of 663
I just got my Angie. And I thought Angie is more fun to listen to but nope! JVC wins.. Angie truly is for reference very neutral sounding. Now one wonders what more with Layla? Still happy I've purchased Angie.

Nice. That's what i've been sayin'

Congrats on your angie.

Have you tried balanced mmcx on your jvc's?

Apr 26, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #86 of 663
can anyone please compare fx1100 vs fx750 ? I know they use different driver, and i love my fx750....but i cant stop wondering what improvements can there be on the fx1100 in sound quality? Thank you so much

I was really excited about buying a pair of JVC HA-FX1200s (1100s) after reading all the rave reviews.  When I went to buy them I wisely decided to demo the entire HA-FX Woody line (FX650/750/850/1200) to include a few older models (HA-FX 500/700) that were still in stock. I absolutely hated the 1200s and loved/preferred the 750s! I did not like the highs on the 1200s and due to my sensitive ears (I have hearing damage) they actually irritated and bothered me. Although the 1200s sounded the most like open headphones and offered an improved sound stage they were too hard for me to listen too... almost if they were pushing the music too hard... they were harsh; I immediately knew that I would fatigue easily listening to them. Due to their larger size and shape coupled with a heavy and bulky detachable cables the 1200s were simply too difficult to insert and fell out easily of my small ears. The most important factor to me after fit/comfort was listening level... I found that I could actually listen to the 750s at a lower volume than the 1200s. Isolation wise there was no big difference between any of the FX models as they are all vented however, due to their smaller size the 750s were easier to deeply insert into my ears (especially if flipped over with cord over the ear) and thus offered in my case a slight edge in isolation. The FX series are definitely not as isolating as my Shure SE535LTS-Js or even SENN IE80s... with that said my first extended listening session with the 750s was on a seven hour plus flight from Bangkok to Cairo and they isolated well enough for air travel for me to use them again.

For me the 750s were the most musical they are absolute timbre monsters!

Apr 26, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #87 of 663
fantastic bass, excellent for electronic music
smily_headphones1.gif

I too was really shocked how well the FX Wood IEM line performed with old school ambient electronic and modern electronic... I nearly melted my face off listening to Daft Punk's Tron: Legacy tracks. I am blown away by the completely different presentation of Jarre's work from my Shures... it was more fun to listen too not as analytical which surprised me. I had figured that the JVC might play classical better but electronic as well?! Damn.

Apr 26, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #88 of 663
Thanks! Is there any difference in SQ? I tried the balanced cable on Angie and it sounded more neutral but gave it a little more kick.

I don't remember exactly as i did a side by side a few weeks ago and decided balanced is better. I haven't listened to the jvc's since then as i've been using the layla's recently. I'll see if i can have a listen this week. If i remember correctly, it was better separation leading to a slight improvement in clarity using linum balanced mmcx.

Apr 27, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #89 of 663
ok, I am getting confused. Today during lunchbreak I went over to the guys from stereo to try the FX1200. These are great. Thought they might be a bit bulky but it is absolutely ok. And they look much more decent than the Japanese version (FX1100).
Isolation only medium but that's due to the cocept I suppose.

However, trying IEMs is a funny thing. Today I tried them against the AT-CKR9 which i remember super clear and transparent when I tried them last. Today I found them muddy and not special at all. Strange, as I remember I found them outstanding when I tried them last. 

Only issue I have now with the FX1200 is their price-tag. 699SGD here in Singapore. Only competitor left on my list now is the FAD Heaven V. Totally different concept though and has some microphonics but perfect isolation.

Might get the Heaven V first until secretary of treasury gives green light for the FX1200....

Apr 27, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #90 of 663
  I went over to the guys from stereo to try the FX1200. These are great. Thought they might be a bit bulky but it is absolutely ok. And they look much more decent than the Japanese version (FX1100).

Really?! How so? Very interested in hearing what you think.  Is there any noticeable difference in the wood finish and staining color by chance?  For example the wood stain on the 1200s I demoed in Siam was not as dark looking as some of the 1200s and 1100s I have seen pictured on-line???  However my 750s look exactly what everyone else has.

Quote:

Isolation only medium but that's due to the cocept I suppose.

Have you tried using a small foam or silicon tip and inserting them upside down with the cable over the ear?  They will insert more deeply into the ear canal that way and is how I use them when flying with noticeable improvement in noise isolation.  And no I am not flipping/swapping the channels I am only turning the iem 180 degrees so that cable is sticking up and over the ear.  Works well on the fixed cables on the FX750s I haven't tried it with the thicker diameter detachable cables on the 1200s (1100s) or 850s yet though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back