JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Mar 19, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #2,761 of 3,142
Thank you Luckbad, it helps me a great deal, good information posted and in the link too, much appreciated !

I was misled from a review about the backward-firing driver, but it was my fault misreading it. The review said same as yourself, re-reading it today, driver is conventional firing direction. It compared it to simply the small notation of D5K, which I missed - meaning Denon D5000 model. That reviewer said the Denon (and not JVC) has a backwards firing driver. Dunno if that's true, seems surprising, but Denon/Foster-Fostex fans would know about the D5K, & not related to thread. Sorry I had misread the driver-firing model in that review titled : "JVC DX700 - I am the King of Bass ! - Lowriding Audiophile", is where I read that review.

Cool info from your post - Thanks !

Mar 19, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #2,762 of 3,142
DX1000 with headband of D7000. It suits my head better and tighter than the stock headband

Nice work. You've gotta tell us more about it and if there were any hard parts.

I just got most of my parts together last for a D2000 headband swap. I'll be replacing the cable at the same time. I may add miniXLR pigtails as was suggested or I may put them in the cups if I think the mini-XLRs will fit.

Anyway, nice job.

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #2,763 of 3,142
to tell you the truth. I didn't make it myself. Since I am in Thailand the modify cost is quite cheap here so I let someone do it for me. The guy who mod them, told me he had to make some slight changes on the headband to fit the Dx1000 cup to the D7000 headband. I will call him tomorrow to ask him how he did.   

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #2,764 of 3,142
Anyone looking for a nice case, these all fit well. I bought two different cases for testing. If anyone wants a small Monoprice case formed for the JVC at $25 I'll pay shipping and send it your way. Edit: Maybe not. This perfectly fits my other cans too.

I think I can return it but I'd feel bad since I customized it.
Waterproof, hard shell, cubed foam

10" x 8" x 5 or 6"

Seahorse SE-430
http://seahorsecases.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=S&Product_Code=SE-430&Category_Code=CARRYING_CASES

Monoprice
http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=12682

Monoprice
http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=12681

PIc of the one I'm selling:

Mar 19, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #2,765 of 3,142
to tell you the truth. I didn't make it myself. Since I am in Thailand the modify cost is quite cheap here so I let someone do it for me. The guy who mod them, told me he had to make some slight changes on the headband to fit the Dx1000 cup to the D7000 headband. I will call him tomorrow to ask him how he did

Ah, I see. I want to do it myself to make sure it's all done the way I'd want. It'd kill me if I opened them up and found anything shotty. Plus I'm looking to do some other mods to them.

Thanks for looking into it further, though. It'll be great to hear from a paid modder.

Can you tell me one thing, though? How much of the D7000 headband assembly was used? Just the headband and yolks(U shaped part) or also the rings that the earpads and wood cups and drivers and stuff connect to too? My project falls into the second boat, though I had always just thought I'd be swapping them with the headband + yolks. Now it's more intensive, but with much better potential payoffs, I think. Or hope.

Mar 20, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #2,766 of 3,142
@Benny
I already asked him. Actually he just modified the yoke to fit the headband leather  removed from the DX1000 (My D7000 headband looked awful, it is old). It has nothing to do with the cup and the ring part. 
All in all, you dont need to modify the yoke or anything.The D7000 headband (+yoke+Ring)  fit the DX1000 cup (actually before I went for the mod, I did measure the cup of the DX1000 and the D7000. Their heights and widths are almost identical or identical. The guy just said if someone wanna do this, just take both cups of the DX1000 and swap with the D7000 cups and it's done. (prepare you electrical screwdriver though)   So He use the headband the yolk and the Ring of the D7000.

Both Pictures show that the Ring of D7000 fit nicely with the DX1000 cup

Hope this can help. Cheers

Mar 20, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #2,767 of 3,142
Thank you Luckbad, it helps me a great deal, good information posted and in the link too, much appreciated !

I was misled from a review about the backward-firing driver, but it was my fault misreading it. The review said same as yourself, re-reading it today, driver is conventional firing direction. It compared it to simply the small notation of D5K, which I missed - meaning Denon D5000 model. That reviewer said the Denon (and not JVC) has a backwards firing driver. Dunno if that's true, seems surprising, but Denon/Foster-Fostex fans would know about the D5K, & not related to thread. Sorry I had misread the driver-firing model in that review titled : "JVC DX700 - I am the King of Bass ! - Lowriding Audiophile", is where I read that review.

Cool info from your post - Thanks !

No, the Denon/Fostex drivers aren't "backward firing" - you can't do that with a dynamic driver and have clear HF reproduction (the motor would be the problem). :xf_eek:

Mar 20, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #2,768 of 3,142
It's good to have clarification on the Denon internals, thanks for posting about the Denon.

It didn't make sense to me why soundwaves would intentionally reflect off a back wall, and attempt to pass thru or around the same driver on their exit for sound in a headphone application and maintain sonics.

Wonder why that reviewer printed that, it is misleading.
Here is a link to his review of the JVC Victor DX700, about halfway down at the construction diagram in the paragraph just below diagram he erroneously details the Denon.

http://www.lowridingaudiophile.blogspot.com/2015/06/the-jvc-dx700-is-ridiculous-headphone.html

Was searching for reviews for both JVC Victor DX1000 and DX700, and there aren't that many around, scarce pro reviews.

Probably more in Japan & Asia that can be translated to English, not much info in the States.

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #2,769 of 3,142
  @Benny
I already asked him. Actually he just modified the yoke to fit the headband leather  removed from the DX1000 (My D7000 headband looked awful, it is old). It has nothing to do with the cup and the ring part. 
All in all, you dont need to modify the yoke or anything.The D7000 headband (+yoke+Ring)  fit the DX1000 cup (actually before I went for the mod, I did measure the cup of the DX1000 and the D7000. Their heights and widths are almost identical or identical. The guy just said if someone wanna do this, just take both cups of the DX1000 and swap with the D7000 cups and it's done. (prepare you electrical screwdriver though)   So He use the headband the yolk and the Ring of the D7000.

Both Pictures show that the Ring of D7000 fit nicely with the DX1000 cup

Hope this can help. Cheers

thanks a lot for checking with your guy, Coolcat. That helped a lot. ANd in looking at your more detailed picture of the D7000 headband I never knew it had paint chipping issues. Is that a think with them or were you a little hard on yours? How do you find the DX1000s compared to your D7000s? I've never listened to the D7000s, unfortunately. 

And that's actually pretty cool to see the DX1000 headband liner or whatever around/in the D7000 one. I thought the D2000 headband that I have was pretty thinly padded at first, but after wearing it a few times it really does fit nicely around my head and the padding seems alright. If I was going to mess with it I think I'd try to add a suspension strap though. I've got one now on my Pioneer SE Master1 and it's the sh!t. I'm never going back to a normal headband if I have a choice. 

I've also got my 4pin Neutrik plug on the way, so I think I'll be switching these to balanced in the near future :-D

Mar 22, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #2,770 of 3,142
@benny
My D7000 parts are also old, there is no issue with painting.
To answer your question about the D7000 and DX1000
There are many threads comparing D7000 and DX1000 already. I just want to add my opinion here
The  D7000 has a better tonal balance, less bass body, more treble extension, ok midrange, ok soundstage. My problem with D7000 is that, it's boring to my ear and I think I can find others headphones, which offer the same attributes with a better quality.
The DX1000, on the other hand, like the ATH AD2000, whatever you throw to them they sound good, besides the mid  of DX1000 is really fabulous, I can say they can rival my LCD-X here (they are both sweet, but they represent the mid in different way) .
Actually I use my Dx1000 as the compliment cans to the LCDX ( I like dark headphones,which pronounce the Bass). DX1000 with cardas clear compared to the stock one have a better treble, instruments seperation, soundstage depth, lost bass body somehow and the mid is clearer (which can be nice for someone, but can be bad for some tastes because the sweetness of sound is reduced.) I would say I like DX1000 Mod cardas clear than HD800, because I dont need the ultra detail and preciseness of the HD800. DX1000 mod give me enough of these things + bass body. 
That's my 2 cents.

Mar 24, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #2,771 of 3,142
Does anyone have any links of reviews for either DX1000 or DX700 ?

Have read the head-fi and headphonia reviews, but having trouble finding more. Can use google translate if it is not in english.

Also, can anyone inform about the drivers, please ? Are they high quality, or anything else to describe, please ?

Would like to find a nice used dx1000 set and could use this info to help me decide, please.

Mar 24, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #2,772 of 3,142
Perhaps the most thorough review about these models you can find:

http://casques-headphones.blogspot.com/2011/08/comparaison-casques-audio-jvc-dx-700.html

English translation here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/412747/any-dx1000-and-dx700-comparisons/15#post_11175609

Users who are viewing this thread

Back