JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jul 22, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #3,032 of 3,271
Quote:
Nope. Just default settings. 

I might have a faulty pair then. 

Donno...A lot of people have been saying similar things about distortion when turning up the volume. Maybe thats just the way these particular IEMs were made. I think that it's just really sensitive in how you play and what you play your music with. The output (overall sound) that I get when changing from laptop to pc to phone is really inconsistent. It's not that big of a problem for me because I only use this one to play music from my phone.

Jul 22, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #3,033 of 3,271
Donno...A lot of people have been saying similar things about distortion when turning up the volume. Maybe thats just the way these particular IEMs were made. I think that it's just really sensitive in how you play and what you play your music with. The output (overall sound) that I get when changing from laptop to pc to phone is really inconsistent. It's not that big of a problem for me because I only use this one to play music from my phone.

I have never heard these things distort. Maybe they need more burn in.

Jul 23, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #3,034 of 3,271
This question may seem a bit random, but I'm just curious to know if the FXZ-series IEMs are the first triple dynamic driver ever released? Has there ever been a quadruple dynamic driver released as well?

Jul 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #3,035 of 3,271
This question may seem a bit random, but I'm just curious to know if the FXZ-series IEMs are the first triple dynamic driver ever released? Has there ever been a quadruple dynamic driver released as well?

They are the first triple dynamic from what I know. The 3DD from unique melody is the second; the reason I even bought the JVC was because other products were too "delayed". 3DD wasn't yet on sale. ASG-2 wasn't yet on sale. Went ahead with the JVC.

Jul 23, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #3,036 of 3,271
They are the first triple dynamic from what I know. The 3DD from unique melody is the second; the reason I even bought the JVC was because other products were too "delayed". 3DD wasn't yet on sale. ASG-2 wasn't yet on sale. Went ahead with the JVC.

Thank you for your input!

I'm assuming that there aren't any quadruple dynamic driver IEMs out yet then.

Jul 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #3,038 of 3,271
Quote:
Thank you for your input!

I'm assuming that there aren't any quadruple driver IEMs out yet then.

Probably not. If you're looking for a step-up from the JVC, you should be looking to the Tralucent Audio 1Plus2, ASG-2, or 3DD. The former two use 2 balanced armature + one dynamic. The ASG-2 is the cheapest one out of that bunch, and people who've used it says it sounds pretty close to the Tralucents [Which has a somewhat unorthodox presentation to begin with]. It's a shame it costs so much money. There's also other stuff by Cosmic ears and Rhapsodio, but I doubt those sound like the Tralucents. 

Jul 23, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #3,039 of 3,271
Quote:
Probably not. If you're looking for a step-up from the JVC, you should be looking to the Tralucent Audio 1Plus2, ASG-2, or 3DD. The ASG-2 is the cheapest one out of that bunch, and people who've used it says it sounds pretty close to the Tralucents [Which has a somewhat unorthodox presentation to begin with]. It's a shame it costs so much money. There's also other stuff by Cosmic ears and Rhapsodio, but I doubt those sound like the Tralucents. 

Lol, nooo. They may be close to each other in technicalities, but they sound pretty different.

Jul 25, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #3,041 of 3,271
The Tralucent sounds as if music is being played "towards" the listener, instead of a studio recording, correct?

How does the ASG-2 sound compared to that, or the JVC?

Not really. It sounds more like a high quality surround sound system, or seeing a band live, with the PA both in front and behind you. The soundstage is very wide, deep and 'out of your head'.

I can't speak for the ASG-2, though. Yet.

That said, there are much more incremental steps you can take if you wanted to upgrade from the FXZ series, rather than jumping straight to the top.

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #3,044 of 3,271
Quote:
Is there any other pair of iems that could be an upgrade to the fxz100s and is under $150?

+
Quote:
An upgrade for the same price...?

= YES there is, it's call the Vsonic GR07 BE, BE for Bass Edition. They are equal if not best my FXZ200s.

It's currently on sale for $128 shipped from lendmeurears (both the bass and regular edition) which is one hell of an amazing deal.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630585/vsonic-gr07-bass-edition-impressions

http://www.head-fi.org/t/552132/vsonic-gr07-impressions-appreciation-thread

The hype is real on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back