JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 31, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #2,386 of 3,271
Warranty is warranty, no matter where you are.  For example, if someone from Japan buys a pair of headphones and takes them on a personal trip to the USA and the users finds out that they are defective while visiting the USA, what difference would it make if the defect had shown up while using it in Japan before the trip or after the trip?  No difference.  It is a buyer and seller agreement, regardless of geographical location.  The issue here is the shipping area covered by the supplier.  If the supplier only covers shipping within its operating country, then any shipping costs that are covered by the warranty (if any), will not include costs for shipping from (or to) a foreign location.

It depends on the agreement on the warranty... There are international warranties and local... From what I understand the interational should cover the shipping? But the locals don't... And I dont know if the local ships back internationally...

Jan 31, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #2,387 of 3,271
Quote:
Quote:
Warranty is warranty, no matter where you are.  For example, if someone from Japan buys a pair of headphones and takes them on a personal trip to the USA and the users finds out that they are defective while visiting the USA, what difference would it make if the defect had shown up while using it in Japan before the trip or after the trip?  No difference.  It is a buyer and seller agreement, regardless of geographical location.  The issue here is the shipping area covered by the supplier.  If the supplier only covers shipping within its operating country, then any shipping costs that are covered by the warranty (if any), will not include costs for shipping from (or to) a foreign location.

It depends on the agreement on the warranty... There are international warranties and local... From what I understand the interational should cover the shipping? But the locals don't... And I dont know if the local ships back internationally...

That is exactly what I am saying.  The issue is in the shipping conditions of the warranty and not whether the item would be replaced/repaired or not.

Feb 1, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #2,388 of 3,271
I ordered the Meelec 10 pack of tips from their site and their ear guides for wearing my 200s over ear. I've been tucking the cord behind my glasses and it helps, but having those guides will be 10x better.

For now though, I've replaced the stock tips with the green sony hybrids for a better fit AND seal in my ears, until my Meelec tips come in and I can tip roll to prefrence with those. There's a thread somewhere that mentioned Westone's new 'Star' tips that they' started shipping out with their IEMs, and I'd be interested in trying those out too.

Feb 1, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #2,389 of 3,271
Quote:
I ordered the Meelec 10 pack of tips from their site and their ear guides for wearing my 200s over ear. I've been tucking the cord behind my glasses and it helps, but having those guides will be 10x better.

For now though, I've replaced the stock tips with the green sony hybrids for a better fit AND seal in my ears, until my Meelec tips come in and I can tip roll to prefrence with those. There's a thread somewhere that mentioned Westone's new 'Star' tips that they' started shipping out with their IEMs, and I'd be interested in trying those out too.

how do people find ear guides? i had one come with my gr07 but found them unecessary as the wires were flexible enough to stay behind my ears

and where do you buy sony hybrids tips?

Feb 1, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #2,390 of 3,271
Quote:
Quote:

how do people find ear guides? i had one come with my gr07 but found them unecessary as the wires were flexible enough to stay behind my ears

and where do you buy sony hybrids tips?

From the Sony Store, they have hybrid tips. I've been using the same ones transplanted from like 3 different IEMs lol. They're always more comfortable for me than any stock tip I've encountered, and I dunno if it's just brain bias but I think I prefer the sound from them.

As for ear guides, the cable for these are kinda stiff, so they don't stay behind my ear well unless I tuck the wire behind my glasses, then it's a hassle to take them out.

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #2,391 of 3,271
Quote:

The point is that the warranty is usually made between the manufacturer and a customer, given the specific provisions of the dealer agreement. Grey market goods are not covered by manufacturer's warranty under normal circumstances, and the cost of shipping back defective items even under warranty is frequently the responsibility of the customer.(Could be covered, but usually not). Most manufacturers will ship replacements/repairs back to the customer at no additional shipping charge.

For example, with the FZX iems being discussed in this thread, Amazon will not ship them outside of Japan (presumably this is a term of the dealer agreement between Amazon and JVC)- which is why people use the Tenso freight-forwarding service.  The warranty presumably only covers them when they are sold in/shipped to/handed to a person in Japan.  If you leave Japan with them, they are still covered, but you have to send them back, and they will only ship the replacement or repaired item to a Japanese address.  Amazon may be lax in shipping to a freight forwarder, since it satisfies the letter if not the spirit of the dealer agreement, but JVC may not be so liberal, and would deny warranty to a US customer (because they are grey-market, even if you bought them yourself).

Similarly, eBay purchases are frequently not covered under warranty because the sellers are not authorized dealers at all.

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #2,392 of 3,271
So let me tell you how my slippery slope down head-fi has been going this past two weeks (it's jvc-200 related!).

Back story:  needed new headphones to upgrade my Brainwavz M2 (which I thought I lost, but then found a few days ago), which had replaced my still strong EX-71 Sony Fontopias.

So I wanted to buy the Bose QC15 as I spend a LOT of time on planes (flew over 150K miles last year alone).  But after reviewing the reviews and forums, it appears as though the sound quality was not up to par... Enter the GR07!

So I really wanted some base emphasized ear phones (offering great isolation, which would satisfy my "minimal ambient noise" requirement and give me that low end rumble for all the movies on  my ipad.  OK.  The GR07 is undoubtedly a great IEM, but I then discovered the GR07 Bass Edition.  Ordered immediately from Amazon (US).

Bear with me...

Now, I find this (DAMN!) thread and I discover JVC HA-FXZ200.  Immediately order from Amazon.jp, have Tenso handle the S&H and less than 5 days later, pure awesomeness!  GR07 BE back to Amazon.com.

And you would think it would stop there?  You should all know better...

Enter my new FiiO E12 Mont Blanc and L9 LOD (I would have ordered the E6 or E11, had I not discovered this beauty would be launching within the past two weeks.

And now... Oh boy.... Now I have discovered the beauty of ALAC and FLAC files (I've been ripping CD's for 2 weeks straight).  Now I am looking to upgrade my ipad nano 5G with pure 320kbps files (ha!).

Let's look at what you've all done to me (and I really thank you all for opening my eyes)!:

January 1st, 2013: Brainwavz M2 (T-400 tips, of course), iPod Nano 5G, 320 kbps bit-rate music.  I'm quite happy (igorance truely is bliss).

February 1st, 2013: JVC HA-FX200 (Sony hybrid and TS-400 tips), FLAC/ALAC files, FiiO E12 w/ L9 LOD and I am currently debating a rockboxed 160gb 7G (OK, 6.5G) ipod classic, or a 5.5G ipod video (wolfson DAC) modded with a 900mA battery and 128gb SSD).  Amazing!

Curse you Head-Fi!  Curse you.  You've been good to me:)

Feb 1, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #2,393 of 3,271
Quote:
So let me tell you how my slippery slope down head-fi has been going this past two weeks (it's jvc-200 related!).

Back story:  needed new headphones to upgrade my Brainwavz M2....
So I really wanted some base emphasized ear phones (offering great isolation, which would satisfy my "minimal ambient noise" requirement and give me that low end rumble for all the movies on  my ipad.  OK.  The GR07 is undoubtedly a great IEM, but I then discovered the GR07 Bass Edition.  Ordered immediately from Amazon (US)....

Now, I find this (DAMN!) thread and I discover JVC HA-FXZ200.  Immediately order from Amazon.jp, have Tenso handle the S&H and less than 5 days later, pure awesomeness!  GR07 BE back to Amazon.com.

Before you returned them, or if you remember. what were the sound differences between the two (BE and fxz200)?

Feb 1, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #2,394 of 3,271
I will preface that I am certainly NOT an expert audiophile (OK, not even an amateur).

I felt that the 200's have much more low end "PUNCH" (oomph) than the BE's.  I really liked how each distinct potion of the music (bass, mids, treble) all seemed very distinct and clear on both, but even more so than the 200's.

Mostly, when watching movies on my ipad, I felt that the 200's provided that deep sub woofer effect (ear rattling) vs the bass on the BE.

Again, both are really good IEM's (in my, albeit basic, opinion).  In the end, I felt the sound on the 200's were a better fit for my tastes.

Feb 1, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #2,395 of 3,271
I will preface that I am certainly NOT an expert audiophile (OK, not even an amateur).

I felt that the 200's have much more low end "PUNCH" (oomph) than the BE's.  I really liked how each distinct potion of the music (bass, mids, treble) all seemed very distinct and clear on both, but even more so than the 200's.

Mostly, when watching movies on my ipad, I felt that the 200's provided that deep sub woofer effect (ear rattling) vs the bass on the BE.

Again, both are really good IEM's (in my, albeit basic, opinion).  In the end, I felt the sound on the 200's were a better fit for my tastes.

Burn in will tame the 200s bass but keep the control there :)

Feb 1, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #2,396 of 3,271
I've been running them each night for a week (Drum and Bass loops).  Now I've got them on the e12 and will continue to burn-in for another week.

Just to reiterate, they sound fantastic without an amp.  They turn into beasts with one!  There were many songs that you could feel the ear vibrations from the bass.  With an amp you can feel them on ALL songs (if you were so inclined).

It's going to be interesting to see the reaction from someone next to me on a flight when I take out my portable amp and connect it to my ipad :)

Feb 2, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #2,398 of 3,271
Well I bit and bought the FXZ-100's.  They're not even burned in yet a bit and they sound amazing!

I can tell, though, that my iPhone is having a tough time driving them.  I have to run it at almost max volume.  Good thing I'll have a C&C BH waiting for me when I get back to the US in a few weeks :wink:

xrM, I can tell you once I get home, I have a pair of FX3X's waiting for me as well

Feb 2, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #2,399 of 3,271
Quote:

I just got my Meelec tips (SF, DF, DF balanced, and TF) - unfortunately none of them sit well in my ear with my 100s, the DF and TF, even though I bought thye large size, they are still too slim for my large canal and I can't get a seal, the SF is OK, but nowhere as good as Brainwavz large SF.

I also experimented with Comply T-400, it kills the treble and pull the mid forward, but in a bad way that the upper mid gives me shrill

Westone STAR silicone won't fit because of the big difference between the nozzle of Westone IEM's and 100s/200s

Feb 2, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #2,400 of 3,271
Quote:
Well I bit and bought the FXZ-100's.  They're not even burned in yet a bit and they sound amazing!

I can tell, though, that my iPhone it having a tough time driving them.  I have to run it at almost max volume.  Good thing I'll have a C&C BH waiting for me when I get back to the US in a few weeks :wink:

xrM, I can tell you once I get home, I have a pair of FX3X's waiting for me as well

Yep, even out of my E10 + desktop PC, I had to dial the volume all the way up to 5-6, whereas most of my IEM sound loud enough on volume 2-3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back