JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 28, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #2,326 of 3,271
^^^ listen to dsnuts ....burn in is a fact so is burning in carbon nanotube for long time to achieve maximum sound quality. The sound frrom these MF's are crazy after passing the 500 mark also added to the carbon nanotube there is silver plated copper which also require a long burn in....I would have burned them in for 1 month instead but I was thirsty for the carbon nanotube sound :D

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #2,327 of 3,271
I do know one thing for certain. Overall sound tightens up tremendously from burn in. Be it the bass or any type of bloat. I have been burning my other sets recently but I am gonna return to burning in my FXZ earphones as of today..

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #2,329 of 3,271
Well mochill there is a limit to how much they change you know. Lol. It would be awesome if there was such a set of earphones that keep on improving with burn in. That would be something.

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #2,331 of 3,271
Mochiil 

How did you proceed?

500 hours of burn-in with deafening levels of bass heavy music? or just listening them at normal levels? 

I enjoying my FXZ-200 a lot through mi Iriver H140+Arrow 4G, but I miss a little bit more air in the mids and highs... only 100 hours of burn-in as such, 200 if I add the ones I have been just listening. 

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #2,332 of 3,271
Jan 28, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #2,333 of 3,271
Oh nice. You gotta let me know if them XBA-30 improve over the XBA-3s. I hear they toned down the highs a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if they brought up the mids a bit too. For the CKS1000. You do need at least 100 hours of burn in. I use one of them belkin splitters. .I love em. Lets me burn in 5 cans at once.

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #2,334 of 3,271
I put them on my cowon j3 on full blast to volume 40 one my havy bass track , put on repeat ...hide them in a watch box under my bed for 500 hrs a let the magic happen.....the wait is totally worth it....it wasn't like I only have one iem that I can't really wait for them to finish burin in.....when I get my new hisoundaudio studio 3rd anv.edition I'm going to put it through another session of burn in using it...so the player and the fxz200 will be burned in at the same time.....I'm getting a fiio e11 as a birthday gift so can't wait for that to. :D

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #2,335 of 3,271
Quote:
I put them on my cowon j3 on full blast to volume 40 one my havy bass track , put on repeat ...hide them in a watch box under my bed for 500 hrs a let the magic happen.....the wait is totally worth it....it wasn't like I only have one iem that I can't really wait for them to finish burin in.....when I get my new hisoundaudio studio 3rd anv.edition I'm going to put it through another session of burn in using it...so the player and the fxz200 will be burned in at the same time.....I'm getting a fiio e11 as a birthday gift so can't wait for that to.
biggrin.gif

which tips you using with yours?

I also had a question; I'm using a galaxy note II as my source, and also have a ibasso portable amp, but I don't have a clean line out/ digital out. Should I just burn in through my GNII without the amp? I don't want to use the ibasso in series with the preamp in my GNII, right?

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #2,336 of 3,271
Quote:
Oh nice. You gotta let me know if them XBA-30 improve over the XBA-3s. I hear they toned down the highs a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if they brought up the mids a bit too. For the CKS1000. You do need at least 100 hours of burn in. I use one of them belkin splitters. .I love em. Lets me burn in 5 cans at once.

I have the XBA-40's as well, bought them from Japan about three weeks ago. Let me say that the 40's are quite different to my ears from the XBA-4's. The major difference is the bass, it's real big, as in nightclub big. Yet, it doesn't overwhelm the other parts of the song. And it only kicks in when needed, such as those big club tracks. It's so big it makes one feel as if they are IN THE CLUB, with that big bass sound that you can feel in the bones (maybe not quite.. but you get the idea).

I'm not a bass head but, maybe because I did dj at a nightclub for a decade, I do appreciate that type of sound done right with earphones and headphones. 

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #2,338 of 3,271
One of the small things I felt that was impeding my enjoyment and desire to listen to the FXZ200 (it all adds up) was how I could not keep the cord, with the over-ear insertion method, from falling off my ear. If not remedied, this would eventually lead to the compromise of my ear tip insertion. So I added a simple, but relevant item to my portable setup. I added the PFE232 ear guide (sold separately) and it has made a nice difference. These specific ear guides are slightly pricey, but I prefer the black color over the cheaper traditional clear guides.

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #2,340 of 3,271
Thanks
biggrin.gif

An easy way to find them without me citing one vendor is to search for something along the lines of: Phonak Audeo Replacment Ear Guides

Users who are viewing this thread

Back