JVC HA-FXT100, HA-FXT200, HA-FXT200 LTD HI-SPEED
Feb 27, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #91 of 254
After around 80 hours of intensive burn-in, the peak already isn't as annoying anymore. Definitely not a brain burn-in since I have a favorite artist who unfortunately sing at the exact peak spot so her album was kind of painful and practically un-listenable with the LTD out of the box lol.

As said before this is certainly not a flat phone and either v or u-shape, depending on at which frequency your vocalist sing at and how the song is recorded. I'd say that it's mostly u-shaped for my repertoire though.

Still a long way to go for the burn-in... I think this is a characteristic of the titanium-coated diaphragm beside the traditional JVC's burn-in.

Mar 2, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #93 of 254
Needs a minimum of 500hrs :blush:

Did you actually do that with yours?

The longest I ever did was ~300-350 hours with my DT880s iirc.

I don't know if the dual driver system factors into the burn-in time, does anyone have any knowledge with regards to dual drivers?

As for me I'm already loving the FXT208SE's and am already using it everyday now lol, screw the burn in man these things CAN satisfy the basshead in me, albeit only in quiet places.

In-transit/on-transport? Forget about the bass, it's COMPLETELY gone. Don't get me wrong though, the bass IS there, and it IS strong.

The bass impact/punch is 10/10 to me (bass impact is the area around 50~90 hz), but the sub-bass rumble though.. the rumble IS there but the air being moved is like a gentle breeze instead of the punch that it should be. You can tell if you just play a sine wave at <26hz, you can HEAR the tone but you can't 'feel' it.

I feel like slapping on some tape on the bass ports at the back but as of now I'm somewhat satisfied so until I get really bass-hungry I'll hold off on the tape :) and besides I'm not sure what this would do to the dual driver system lol so yeah.

Also, I think the problem has to do with the air/bass vents in the back which makes it a problem for the drivers to move air (instead of making it better as they intended) because .. well isn't this typical of IEMs with bass ports on them?

I believe this is why a lot of people that are familliar with the process of just applying tape to the bass ports will report hearing the typical tightening up of bass response on most other IEMs out there.

Mar 3, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #94 of 254
Originally Posted by iWaffle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In-transit/on-transport? Forget about the bass, it's COMPLETELY gone. Don't get me wrong though, the bass IS there, and it IS strong.
re.

I sense...contradiction... 
blink.gif
lmao.

I really want to pick up a pair of these at some point. I love my T90s, but now that I have the Dunu Titan 1 they just don't do it for me anymore. These new FXT models sound like something I would enjoy though. Although, I really want the FXH30 as well....choices choices choices.

Mar 3, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #95 of 254

I sense...contradiction... 
blink.gif
lmao.

I really want to pick up a pair of these at some point. I love my T90s, but now that I have the Dunu Titan 1 they just don't do it for me anymore. These new FXT models sound like something I would enjoy though. Although, I really want the FXH30 as well....choices choices choices.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough: Its bass is really good, just not enough in quantity, and because of this it sounds like a (bassless) tin can if you're sitting in a bus/train with the engines droning loudly in the background.

I also mentioned that I THINK this problem has to do with it not being able to be ninja enough in the 'moving-massive-amounts-of-air' bass department.

As a result of all this I only find myself using it in relatively quiet places (at work/school, etc) and NOT while commuting.

Mar 3, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #96 of 254
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough: Its bass is really good, just not enough in quantity, and because of this it sounds like a (bassless) tin can if you're sitting in a bus/train with the engines droning loudly in the background.

I also mentioned that I THINK this problem has to do with it not being able to be ninja enough in the 'moving-massive-amounts-of-air' bass department.

As a result of all this I only find myself using it in relatively quiet places (at work/school, etc) and NOT while commuting.

Great clarification. Thank you. They still sound great, and this further confirms.

Mar 8, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #98 of 254
Just got the HA-FXT208se's few days back, Im not much of an audiophile myself so this is just my 2 cents of how this earphone sounds. 
*Note: I have only burned them in for about 30 hours as of today and will update the news of whether the sound changes or not.

Bass: It is strong, dynamic and full. The bass goes down low, but not to the extent of bass rumbling. It feels a bit lacking in the mid-bass but we shall see over the next 200 hours or so.

Mids:  Very forward and fast, certainly pleasant and tight. Very detailed , love it.

Highs: The highs are clean and crisp. Really really loving these.
          Can be a bit ear piercing as I think I am a bit treble sensitive. 

Hopefully after letting them settle shall see how the SQ differ.

*Edit Burned in at 75 hours, 
Bass: The lower bass became even deeper than before (There's more rumble to it). The mid bass has improved abit. Upper bass remains the same.

Mids: Still the same 

Highs: The highs are getting less ear piercing and has changed slightly. 

The difference are noticeable as I use the same songs to tell the difference everyday and I can assure it is not brain burn-in or (placebo effect) . Tips are still the spiral dot ear-tips , I tried using the Beyer's dual flange tips but doesn't sound as good as the spiral dot-tips in terms of soundstage. Im planning to buy the Spinfit tips, are they any good?

Mar 8, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #99 of 254
I found that the piercing treble is partly the fault of the spiral dot tips, using small heir tips with insertion as deep as possible (not much since the resin guard will not let you shove it too far) will almost eliminate the peak.

Apr 3, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #103 of 254
I have the fxt90 and I would like to know which one has the closest sound signature ... and for the better, of course 
wink_face.gif

Apr 6, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #104 of 254
Hi Guys. A friend is visiting Japan, and I'm tied between the two models FXZ200 and FXT200LTD. Please tell me 'only' about the vocals and timber of both these models, since I'm sure JVC does great in the extremes of the spectrum.
I prefer really lush vocals (up front), a bit like the heaven IV with lots of details. From what I have read, FXZ200 has up front vocals (with everything up-front), and I'm impressed with Chesterchan's comment about the mids of FXT200 (Detailed and pleasant). So, please tell me which one of these two has the lush-est vocals? which one closer to Heaven IV's or FX700/850's vocals.
Also, please comment on the timber, and which one sounds more natural and real, cymbals, percussions, guitar and wind instruments.

FXZ200 was released late 2013, and the FXTs late last year. So, the newer model entices me, and I assume is better quality than the older one. Still, from what I've been reading, I'm leaning quite towards FXZ200 as of now.

Apr 10, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #105 of 254

Here's a summary of points mentioned by the engineer responsible for FXT100 and 200 development.
http://www3.jvckenwood.com/accessory/fxt/story.html

Hopefully this will help to address some common questions raised in this thread.

FXT200 and FXT100 models were developed in response to customer feedback from FXT90. The issues raised and addressed were:

1. Higher resolution sound reproduction
  2. Improved low-end bass response
  3. Better sound-stage

In addition their aim was to recreate the sound of a live performance and to mimic the experience of feeling the sound waves on one's skin at outdoor shows.

Technical Solutions

FXT100 and FXT200
Placement of additional magnets in front of the 2 drive units: This multi-magnet construction optimises the magnetic action of the voice coils on the diaphragm thereby improving response times.

Titanium coating on the diaphrams further improves the surface response times of the cone.

Two bass ports at the rear of the enclosure: Controls the amount of air pushed out of the unit thereby limiting unnecessary reflection to produce tighter bass response.

FXT200
On FXT200, there are further additional magnets to the rear of the drive units to finely control the magnetic forces acting on the diaphragm. Use of a u-shaped duct (Acoustic Tube Chamber) that encircles the enclosure from front to rear chambers. The duct has the effect of equalising the air pressure between the front and the rear of the enclosure thereby facilitating a smoother movement of the diaphrams. + Silver coating on the cables.

FXT200LTD features upgraded cables and a different tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back