JVC HA-FX850 iem. Woody
Jan 28, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #451 of 578
  I would mess around with different tips or try altering the seal you have with the current ones you are using. Burn-in helps tremendously! And what is your source?

Man, tips ain't gonna fix this sound signature. They're going up for trade as soon as I have the time to write up the ad.

Sources were FiiO X1, Nexus 5 and gamma2 to O2.

Jan 28, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #452 of 578
Wait.. What..? The spiral dots ARE the stock tips...

That bass will settle down with burn in, just give it some time and above all, enjoy!

Spiral dots definitely did not come with mine.

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #454 of 578
Jan 28, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #458 of 578
The guy I bought them from on ebay swears these are the stock tips.

Anyway, I tried the foam tips that come with them and the sound was even worse. Will try RE400 tips tonight.

Jan 28, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #459 of 578
  spiral dots are the stock tips, you can see them pictured as one of the selling points advertised with the item

Ok sorry, my bad you're right lol

I've always skimmed the other longer thread and a lot were saying they were buying the tips but it seems they were buying it for other iems. I was actually going to buy these spirals so thanks - you just saved me $25!

Jan 29, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #460 of 578
I don't have the spiral dot tips, and the ebay seller responded saying that these are indeed the tips that came with the headphones.

How do I make sure that I got the FX850 after all and didn't end up with the FX750 or something? Most of the box is in Japanese and because of that I haven't inspected it that closely. The earbuds are huge and looked to be about the right size, but is there any surefire way of telling?

Jan 29, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #461 of 578
  I don't have the spiral dot tips, and the ebay seller responded saying that these are indeed the tips that came with the headphones.

How do I make sure that I got the FX850 after all and didn't end up with the FX750 or something? Most of the box is in Japanese and because of that I haven't inspected it that closely. The earbuds are huge and looked to be about the right size, but is there any surefire way of telling?

check on the cable, on the splitting point you should have the model name printed

Jan 29, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #462 of 578
  check on the cable, on the splitting point you should have the model name printed

Ah yeah, I do recall seeing the FX850 printed on the cable. The cable is removable, so not a 100% thing but also recalling the size of the units themselves I think they're legit. Weird I didn't get the spiral dot tips though. I was looking forward to those

Jan 30, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #465 of 578

Ah yeah, I do recall seeing the FX850 printed on the cable. The cable is removable, so not a 100% thing but also recalling the size of the units themselves I think they're legit. Weird I didn't get the spiral dot tips though. I was looking forward to those

Any chance of a close up pictures of the tips that came with the earphones? If they aren't spiral dot I would definitely purchase those and try them with the 850. Just put them on the burn until then :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back