JVC HA-FX850 iem. Woody
Sep 14, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #376 of 578
same here. Isolation wise not that good. Hopefully I will be able to compare with IE800 soon.

Someone just told me that they isolation a little better than FX700 and somewhat on par with the FXZ series.
So it is open back right? But it seems plugged on the back though. how can it be open back?

and for those who own FX850, can you compare the isolation with other IEMs? Thanks

Its vented, there is a slight gap in the shape of a ring. As far as isolation goes I can't comment because I don't own these IEMs yet! :p

Sep 14, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #378 of 578
Someone just told me that they isolation a little better than FX700 and somewhat on par with the FXZ series.
So it is open back right? But it seems plugged on the back though. how can it be open back?

and for those who own FX850, can you compare the isolation with other IEMs? Thanks
waiting for IE800 which has kind of open back. Will provide isolation impressions soon.

Sep 14, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #379 of 578
Just got my woodies recently. Any suggestions for aftermarket cables which goes well with the fx850? Also noticed the noise isolation is not that good. The person beside me can hear clearly to what I am listening.

What genre do you usually listen to?

I have only tried it with two cables before, namely the Whiplash TWag V2 and my own Stage93 93spec.

The TWag V2 makes it sound more quick and edgy, cuts down a little of the lushness and also a shorter but sleeker note delay with a lil more 'bite' which many will find it just nice for the right genres.

I would personally prefer the TWag V2 for EDMs;Dubsteps etc, genres that requires a quicker, sleeker response with wider, left-to-right horizontalally expansive soundstage to boot.

On the otherhand, 93stage makes it sounds a little more lush-sounding yet less thicker note at the same time with more transparency, Vocals shine a lot more and takes the center stage with improved transients which is the smoothest, liquid sounding of the 3 (among Stock, TWag V2 and 93spec)

I would prefer the 93spec for Vocal Oriented Genres, from Pop to Vocal-Oriented Acoustics, Jazz and Bossa Nova.

Either way I don't think you will go wrong, although I went for 93spec because they were relatively cheaper than the TWags and benefits my preferred genres more.

Fyi I am using them on DX90 (High Gain). And ymmv, best thing is to try it if possible before buying.

(P.S. If there is any other fellow FX850 users here from Singapore (apart from Leo888 it will be good to meet up and let more people try the cables for more opinions on different rigs!) =)

Sep 14, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #380 of 578
What genre do you usually listen to?

I have only tried it with two cables before, namely the Whiplash TWag V2 and my own Stage93 93spec.

The TWag V2 makes it sound more quick and edgy, cuts down a little of the lushness and also a shorter but sleeker note delay with a lil more 'bite' which many will find it just nice for the right genres.

I would personally prefer the TWag V2 for EDMs;Dubsteps etc, genres that requires a quicker, sleeker response with wider, left-to-right horizontalally expansive soundstage to boot.

On the otherhand, 93stage makes it sounds a little more lush-sounding yet less thicker note at the same time with more transparency, Vocals shine a lot more and takes the center stage with improved transients which is the smoothest, liquid sounding of the 3 (among Stock, TWag V2 and 93spec)

I would prefer the 93spec for Vocal Oriented Genres, from Pop to Vocal-Oriented Acoustics, Jazz and Bossa Nova.

Either way I don't think you will go wrong, although I went for 93spec because they were relatively cheaper than the TWags and benefits my preferred genres more.

Fyi I am using them on DX90 (High Gain). And ymmv, best thing is to try it if possible before buying.

(P.S. If there is any other fellow FX850 users here from Singapore (apart from Leo888 it will be good to meet up and let more people try the cables for more opinions on different rigs!) =)

Hi kendric, I should be getting the Hydra V2 cable by next week if everything goes smoothly. Has been a long wait and some unexpected events taking up a lot of time for the past 2 months or so. Will catch up with you when I get it. Anyway, I'm not skilled at describing sound so will need someone who can do so.

Sep 15, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #381 of 578
Hi kendric, I should be getting the Hydra V2 cable by next week if everything goes smoothly. Has been a long wait and some unexpected events taking up a lot of time for the past 2 months or so. Will catch up with you when I get it. Anyway, I'm not skilled at describing sound so will need someone who can do so.

Did you get an update from zack or treoo?  Treoo is now telling me that normal lead time is ten weeks for nocaudio cables and that I have waited only six weeks and I told them I wanted a refund but they do not want to and I said it never mentioned ten weeks when placing my order or I would have not ordered it and they have posted a six week time on their page a few weeks  ago and only changed it to 40 days recently.

Sep 15, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #382 of 578
Did you get an update from zack or treoo?  Treoo is now telling me that normal lead time is ten weeks for nocaudio cables and that I have waited only six weeks and I told them I wanted a refund but they do not want to and I said it never mentioned ten weeks when placing my order or I would have not ordered it and they have posted a six week time on their page a few weeks  ago and only changed it to 40 days recently.

Managed to reach him yesterday and was told that mine should be ready soon as he just got some new supplies in. Keeping my finger crossed for now and see how it goes. Will keep you updated via PM so as not to go OT.

Sep 15, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #383 of 578
I am really mad.  I told treoo I would give them 2 weeks and that deadline passed and  now they want 2 to 3 more weeks and want a refund or credit.  They are terrible businessmen.  They are telling me that I have to hold to the 40 business day wait time and that was only posted recently.  When I ordered it was 3 to 4 weeks.  I would not have ordered if it was eight weeks.  The are real shady and should take responsibility. 

Sep 15, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #385 of 578
I am really mad.  I told treoo I would give them 2 weeks and that deadline passed and  now they want 2 to 3 more weeks and want a refund or credit.  They are terrible businessmen.  They are telling me that I have to hold to the 40 business day wait time and that was only posted recently.  When I ordered it was 3 to 4 weeks.  I would not have ordered if it was eight weeks.  The are real shady and should take responsibility. 

Now that this has happen to you, I am seriously reconsider about getting a TWau from them (despite the sales price)

Keep us updated on how your case is going, thanks!

Sep 25, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #386 of 578

I know this is half a year later, but I've had the 850's for a couple weeks now, and did a radio-headphone-jack burn-in on these things but the upper midrange and treble is still a bit much.
What you said about changing tips caught my attention. What kind of tips would you recommend if you want to keep the awesome bass and midrange, but tone down the highs just a bit?

Sep 26, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #387 of 578

I know this is half a year later, but I've had the 850's for a couple weeks now, and did a radio-headphone-jack burn-in on these things but the upper midrange and treble is still a bit much.
What you said about changing tips caught my attention. What kind of tips would you recommend if you want to keep the awesome bass and midrange, but tone down the highs just a bit?

Which size tips are you using....if it is the medium...try large

Sep 27, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #388 of 578
I'm using the ones that came already on them, I guess they're the medium but they fit just right.
I'll try the other tips though and see what differences they make.
Thanks for the "tip"!

Sep 27, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #390 of 578
I'm using the ones that came already on them, I guess they're the medium but they fit just right.
I'll try the other tips though and see what differences they make.
Thanks for the "tip"!

Those are the medium....step up to the large. I sm sure you will hear the difference that you want when you switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back