JVC DX1000 to be discontinued?
Dec 3, 2007 at 8:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

Duggeh

Indeed
According to MarkL in his sale thread in the FS forums, the JVC DX1K may be being discontinued. He doesn't actually mention any sources specifically, does anyone have any info on this?

I didn't think that they've been around very long yet. Although I guess maybe they aren't selling many.

Dec 3, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #3 of 44
Hi, I said "apparently discontinued", as in may be discontinued. I read what was posted here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/jvc...4/index15.html

Specifically, this post:

Quote:

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I ordered a pair of DX1000 from audiocubes the 10th and they were shipped on the 27th.

Cecala talked about the possibility of JVC having stopped production of the DX1000, and my recent experience seems to add to that theory. So if anyone is interested in these headphones, this might be your last chance of getting one.

Just thought I'd let people know. Please keep in mind none of this is fact, it's mostly speculation. However a 17 day just for audiocubes to get a pair would certainly indicate that these are not easy to come by, even in japan.

Kohn was also unable to obtain any replacement pads for the JVC for me that I wanted to try on my mod-ed Denons.

Dec 3, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #4 of 44
heh. heh.
wink.gif

i contacted JVC and asked them. so we will see. i also ran some searches on the net and could find no information about this model being discontinued.

Dec 3, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #5 of 44
It really would be a shame - the DX1000's are among the very best headphones that are in production.

Dec 3, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #6 of 44
It's just like the news of the HD700 or HD800.

If there's no demand then smart sale folks would not bother to release them, or might stop to continue production. In this particular one, the DX1000 might be the case due to low sale volume.

DX1000 is some nice phones, but I don't see them popular as the W5000, or GS1000. I pass on the hypes, and let the collectors going at each others.
tongue.gif

Dec 3, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #7 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I said "apparently discontinued", as in may be discontinued. I read what was posted here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/jvc...4/index15.html

Specifically, this post:

Kohn was also unable to obtain any replacement pads for the JVC for me that I wanted to try on my mod-ed Denons.

I did say "may". Thanks for the clarification though. It's always a shame when companies give up on the high level products.

Dec 3, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #8 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's just like the news of the HD700 or HD800.

If there's no demand then smart sale folks would not bother to release them, or might stop to continue production. In this case, the DX1000 might be the case due to low sale volume.

DX1000 is some nice phones, but I don't see them popular as the W5000, or GS1000. I pass on the hypes, and let the collectors going at each others.
tongue.gif

When why release 800-1,000 headphones in the first place? JVC must know theres a very small market for it..

Dec 3, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #10 of 44
Market is killing and nothing you can do about it. Look at AKG, they just do not sell any top phones anymore.
Grado rules, yeah
cool.gif

And now JVC, what a shame, cos they are very good phones. I do believe the best closed back ever made.

Dec 3, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #12 of 44
Why arent more ppl into "hi-end" food etc, etc, etc...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif
Why aren't more ppl into hi end headphones..

Dec 3, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #13 of 44
Should've kept mine a little longer, would have been able to get a few more bucks for them.
smily_headphones1.gif

These are one of the better higher-end headphones I've tried, but the sound wasn't really worth the price tag imo. The higher end was perhaps a little too polite for my liking, the deep bass was certainly nice through. In the end, I found that I was happier with my Beyers at 1/3 of the price.

Dec 3, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #14 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should've kept mine a little longer, would have been able to get a few more bucks for them.
smily_headphones1.gif

These are one of the better higher-end headphones I've tried, but the sound wasn't really worth the price tag imo. The higher end was perhaps a little too polite for my liking, the deep bass was certainly nice through. In the end, I found that I was happier with my Beyers at 1/3 of the price.

You could have said that they're the best closed phones, and about to be discontinued.
tongue.gif

Dec 3, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #15 of 44
The longer I have owned the DX1000, the more I have liked them. I use them with my Darkvoice 337, and it's just awesome sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back