Just popping in after an absence - any oldtimers in here?
Sep 17, 2015 at 12:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

fiddler

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey,

This place is kind of nostalgic because it was my very first online forum for my first hobby... well, second forum because in fact I was there at the very start when Headwize (run by Chu Moy, the CMOY amp guy) began shutting down and Jude set up this place to cause a mass exodus to this place. Just out of curiousity, anybody out there who remembers me?

I just picked up some AKG K545's that I may write up a quick review for. Not all that huge into headphones any more but there's a certain need for reasonable audio equipment as a professional musician, so here I am picking up some closed cans for use when I'm on the train.

Anyway, just saying hi. :)

Sep 17, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #2 of 6
  Hey,

This place is kind of nostalgic because it was my very first online forum for my first hobby... well, second forum because in fact I was there at the very start when Headwize (run by Chu Moy, the CMOY amp guy) began shutting down and Jude set up this place to cause a mass exodus to this place. Just out of curiousity, anybody out there who remembers me?

I just picked up some AKG K545's that I may write up a quick review for. Not all that huge into headphones any more but there's a certain need for reasonable audio equipment as a professional musician, so here I am picking up some closed cans for use when I'm on the train.

Anyway, just saying hi. :)

Goodness, man...it has been a while.

Yes, please do review the K545. I don't have that one, but do have the K550 and K553.

Welcome back, fiddler! 

Sep 18, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #4 of 6
Hey Jude, hey warubozu.

OK, deal. AKG K545 is 85% written... expect it in the next couple days. They're a bit finicky when it comes to getting a good seal/positioning, but once I figured that out I've found them to be a pretty enjoyable pair. All I can say is, portable closed headphones have come a long way since 2001, when MDR-V6 and Sennheiser HD25 were just about the only things out there.

Sep 20, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #6 of 6
  Cool, look foward to reading your review.

I put up the review just now. I'm gonna send them back to Amazon sadly, as they just aren't for me. I'm homing in on the Sennheiser Momentum over-ears now, as that seems to fit the bill based on reviews and a brief audition at the store. Maybe even those new Urbanites, seeing that they seem to be also be warmer headphones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back