Just 'Downgraded' from the Cowon D2
Feb 2, 2008 at 3:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Zephyron

500+ Head-Fier
And I really couldn't be any happier now
smily_headphones1.gif

The difference in headstage is gargantuan!
eek.gif

Transportable00.jpg

Transportable01.jpg

Now all I need is for the IDE -> CF adapter to come, and in the mean time hunt for a cheap 16GB CF Cardhere in Vancouver Canada (if that's even possible -_-;; ) to make the iRiver H120 become a full-fledged Rockbox enable Flash Player.

Feb 2, 2008 at 8:07 AM Post #2 of 25
Feb 2, 2008 at 8:50 AM Post #4 of 25
john: I saw that post before I got the H120, about a quite sometime back.

Fud: I paid US/CAD$150 for it, a damn steal I might add.

Pristine condition.

The difference between it and the D2 is huge.

Its not only more detailed, but the headstage is gargantuan. Layering and depth perception is done soooooo much better on the H120. Re-discovering my music ATM
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 8:54 AM Post #5 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems to me that its hardly a downgrade if you're happier with the SQ
biggrin.gif
How much did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking.

He did downgrade. He lost the color touchscreen, video playback capabilities, the long battery life, and quite a few other things, but in exchange, he gained a sound signature that with which he is much more fond of.

So he "downgraded" to get better sound quality. Though to a true audiophile, audio quality is all that should matter.
wink.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 9:03 AM Post #6 of 25
Amblin, I think I love you XD

I don't consider myself an audiophile though, I'm just someone who wants to enjoy my music and make most of what I have
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 9:27 AM Post #8 of 25
Feb 2, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #10 of 25
Nope, they don't unfortunately.

The prices of SS Flash Cards are still dropping, so I'm still kinda waiting. Perhaps I'll get mine when I go back to Singapore, computer parts and accessories there are cheap in comparison to the majority of online prices if one knows where to look =)

Feb 2, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephyron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I really couldn't be any happier now
smily_headphones1.gif

The difference in headstage is gargantuan!
eek.gif

The Cowon D2 has a good rep (I don't own one - but was always curious). Nice to know you've bested it in SQ so easily. But... you don't REALLY know that you couldn't be any happier. (Sorry - couldn't resist
smily_headphones1.gif

Enjoy!

Feb 2, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #12 of 25
Rob:
I'd be even more happy with the iMod methinks, but the battery life with those maybe an issue, since the person I bought the H120 from mentioned the issue to be (He's got 2, one for him and one for the Mrs).

Hmm, if I can get some form of a portable DAC to feed the signal into my 1HA-EPC from the H120's optical out, I'd guess I'd be an even more happy camper
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #13 of 25
Zephyron: Sorry I can't help you with any recos on that score. My modest portable "needs" are fulfilled (for now) by my Meizu M6 SL. And I really couldn't be any happier.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephyron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fraseyboy, I don't want to sound like I'm advertising, but have a look here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f43/f-...d-h320-289087/

55 Pounds for the H320 is a damn steal, I'm surprised no one grabbed this yet.

Yeah I've seen that... But I only really would want the H120 for the optical out. Since the H320 does not have that I see no need for it.

Feb 2, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #15 of 25
the D2 is a great player, or atleast has the potential to be a great player, its a shame cowon insists on adding stuff to the firmware insted of fixing whats allready there, the firmware on the D2 really disapoints,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back