JMoney Audio - Headbands and Cables for kids! Please visit last page!
Mar 11, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #31 of 542
I got my wood cups today, slightly similar look to RS-1 style with the same depth but using cherry wood I believe. They look great and it cost me $130USD not including shipping and comes with wood rod tips as well. I have yet to install these, will tomorrow when I get a glue gun. It took me quite a bit of effort removing the old cups. I heated it up with a hair dryer but it was still too tight to twist off with my hands so I had to use a spoon's handle to wedge the cup out.

Can't wait to install these, thanks again

Mar 16, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #34 of 542
[size=x-large]Group Buy:

First 100 members on head-fi only may buy a lambskin headband at $30 shipped compared to $48 shipped within North America. International please add $2. Please spread the word.

97 left

Please PM for payment details. Get a great deal while it lasts!

Thanks
[/size]

Mar 16, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #35 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Group Buy:

First 100 members on head-fi only may buy a lambskin headband at $30 shipped compared to $48 shipped within North America. International please add $2.

Please PM for payment details. Get a great deal while it lasts!

Are you referring to Grado or Beyer here?

Mar 16, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #36 of 542
sorry, Grado only. I haven't come up with the beyer design yet so all I sell are the Grado ones.

Mar 16, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #37 of 542
Quote:

sorry, Grado only. I haven't come up with the beyer design yet so all I sell are the Grado ones.

Can you make a quick description of the difference between yours and the Bnads on the RS-1 and GS1000?

Mar 16, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #38 of 542
sure will:

1) Lambskin leather vs calfskin/faux leather on Grado versions (one side is real leather, one side is fake leather)
2) Softer padding
3) No exposed cut leather is shown and the entire headband is wrapped so the edges are smooth.

Mar 16, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #40 of 542
Quote:

thanks guys. We have begun taking orders for wood cups.

For those who want some, please PM me or email me at:

jmoneyaudio@gmail.com

thanks

Hi,
Are Grado Drivers all the same size? Which drivers work with your Cups? What Drivers sound the best with your Cups?

Mar 16, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #41 of 542
Honestly, don't get sucked into the wood choice affect sound theory, I personally can't tell the difference and since the design is open, the difference is very small as long as it is all hardwood.

They fit all the current grados

@audio addict, I have no experience with the old style Joe Grado headbands so I don't know if they will fit. Would you like to be the first to try it out
smily_headphones1.gif
?

-Jeremy

Mar 17, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #42 of 542
Quote:

Honestly, don't get sucked into the wood choice affect sound theory, I personally can't tell the difference and since the design is open, the difference is very small as long as it is all hardwood.

They fit all the current grados

@audio addict, I have no experience with the old style Joe Grado headbands so I don't know if they will fit. Would you like to be the first to try it out
smily_headphones1.gif
?

-Jeremy

Hi,
You misunderstood my question above. If I were to go out and get a set of Grado's to use with your Cups, which is the best choice in drivers? I hear the 325's are real bright, wouldn't care for that. I'm thinking 225's. But since I'm throwing the housing away, are the 225 drivers in the 125's. Those kind of questions are what I'm asking. I guess from you answer, the drivers are all the same diameter.

Mar 17, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #44 of 542
Hi there,
Been uber busy and haven't had time to update the website.

I would go for the sr225s personally but some have had great results with the sr325is with wood cups. Your call.

Prices:

Deluxe Shroom Shape cups with free rod tips - $160
Standard RS1 sized cups but deeper with rod tips - $130

Shipping is $10 flat rate within North America

Our prices are very reasonable and we give buyers another option to have woodied cups without charging the high prices of our competitors who do not allow you to DIY install them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back