JH Picollino loaner program
Nov 15, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #50 of 71
I'd like to give this cable a try. I will be buying a JH13 likely in January, and probably building a DAC to use with it sometime after that, so it'd be good to be towards the end of the list so that I'm sure to be prepared when my turn comes. Maybe let a few future posters cut in front of me.

I have to admit that I've got serious doubts about boutique cables in general, but given all of the buzz I'd really like to give this one a shot. I'll do my best to pull out all the stops to make a fair comparison.

Nov 16, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #51 of 71
JH16 is released in January (supposedly) you think you're going to consider that?

Nov 16, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #52 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by tigon_ridge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was an Enyo, not a Lune. In fact, I've already read that one, more than a week ago.

It wasn't on the first page.Try reading up to post 36 , 40, 42, 45 & 47 where I talk about and show pictures of the Lune.

If I were a teacher I'd say you didn't read the thread, you skimmed it! If you can't see the 'subtle' discussion of the Lune within that Enyo thread, I'd doubt if you would detect any sonic differences from a standard cable.

Sceptre

Nov 16, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #53 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceptre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It wasn't on the first page.Try reading up to post 36 , 40, 42, 45 & 47 where I talk about and show pictures of the Lune.

If I were a teacher I'd say you didn't read the thread, you skimmed it! If you can't see the 'subtle' discussion of the Lune within that Enyo thread, I'd doubt if you would detect any sonic differences from a standard cable.

Sceptre

I apologize for being incorrect... I said that I do not find any impression. I should have said that I did not find an elaboration of the sound improvements that the Lune provides over a stock cable. Build quality and pics are wonderful, though not my primary concern.

I did not skim through your posts on my first view of that thread; I read them slowly. I don't appreciate it when someone speaks to me in impatient tone that attempts to make me feel like a kid being talked-down to by some wise authority.

Correct me if I'm mistaken... You said that the treble was constrained before burn-in, but you never mentioned whether that was relieved after burn-in. You also mentioned the lack of sustained bass. Maodi suggested that the reason may be that the dots were on the wrong sides. You checked it and agreed. What you didn't mention was whether that fixed the bass problem; however, I assumed that it indeed fixed the problem. If I were a teacher, I would say that you wrote a good rough draft, but did not bother to look it over for anything that could have been improved upon, leaving the reader having to make assumptions. I hope that last statement isn't true, cause then you'd know how it feels to be talked-down to in the same way.

I should have asked you in that other thread more about the Lune's SQ improvements. I may have been too tired, or my interest in the Lune at the time wasn't enough, then forgot about those posts of yours entirely, until you brought them up again. It's a mistake that could happen to anyone.

Nov 16, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #54 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by tigon_ridge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I apologize for being incorrect... I said that I do not find any impression. I should have said that I did not find an elaboration of the sound improvements that the Lune provides over a stock cable. Build quality and pics are wonderful, though not my primary concern.

I did not skim through your posts on my first view of that thread; I read them slowly. I don't appreciate it when someone speaks to me in impatient tone that attempts to make me feel like a kid being talked-down to by some wise authority.

Correct me if I'm mistaken... You said that the treble was constrained before burn-in, but you never mentioned whether that was relieved after burn-in. You also mentioned the lack of sustained bass. Maodi suggested that the reason may be that the dots were on the wrong sides. You checked it and agreed. What you didn't mention was whether that fixed the bass problem; however, I assumed that it indeed fixed the problem. If I were a teacher, I would say that you wrote a good rough draft, but did not bother to look it over for anything that could have been improved upon, leaving the reader having to make assumptions. I hope that last statement isn't true, cause then you'd know how it feels to be talked-down to in the same way.

I should have asked you in that other thread more about the Lune's SQ improvements. I may have been too tired, or my interest in the Lune at the time wasn't enough, then forgot about those posts of yours entirely, until you brought them up again. It's a mistake that could happen to anyone.

Total pwn.

Now, from what I read, the JH16 is not a concern as its not a reference audiophile solution but... something else.

Nov 16, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #55 of 71
Total speculation until it is released but extracting from what Jerry himself said it sounds like the jh-16 is performance focused and gives louder bands more headroom to blast their ears off XP

Nov 18, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #56 of 71
IEMs get way too loud for any band without a lot of power. I get the idea that they distort more at higher SPL, thus why Jerry divided the signal between two drivers on each frequency band with the JH13. It seems to me that he's taking that idea even farther with the JH16, but as he said, it won't have a flat frequency response and thus won't be the best thing for us audiophiles.

Nov 18, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #57 of 71
I would like to try the cable if it is still available for sign up.

Nov 20, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #58 of 71
please add my name to the list!
normal_smile .gif

Dec 1, 2009 at 11:06 AM Post #60 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by hkimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any news?

We just sent you 10 test cables. If you lost them you owe someone $6k!!

I jest.

I'm looking forward to views comparing this to the Lune.

Regards

Sceptre

Users who are viewing this thread

Back