JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread
Aug 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #631 of 1,149
I'm looking at getting the universal Roxanne'a as there is no place to get impressions made and I'm concerned about later changes in fit as I get older. Does anyone have experience with the universals? Thanks. I'm ready to pull the trigger but want to hear thoughts on the universals first.

As I said earlier, at this current stage with JHA, getting the uniRox is the wisest thing if the sound is what you're looking for. But you really have to demo it to see if your ears can fit them properly. It would help if you can bring along several kinds of tips (foam, silicon) to get a better seal. I believe the majority of people should be able to adjust according. Do expect the uniRox will protrude a little but that does not affect the sound quality whatsoever. Hope that helps!

Aug 3, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #632 of 1,149
As I said earlier, at this current stage with JHA, getting the uniRox is the wisest thing if the sound is what you're looking for. But you really have to demo it to see if your ears can fit them properly. It would help if you can bring along several kinds of tips (foam, silicon) to get a better seal. I believe the majority of people should be able to adjust according. Do expect the uniRox will protrude a little but that does not affect the sound quality whatsoever. Hope that helps!

What tips are included with the Roxanne Universal? And, which tips will work with them? I currently exclusively listen through WESTONE star tips and Comply foam tips.

Aug 3, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #633 of 1,149
What tips are included with the Roxanne Universal? And, which tips will work with them? I currently exclusively listen through WESTONE star tips and Comply foam tips.

I tried the Muse SpinFit tips and Comply T500, they both work very well for me. Never tried the westone's so can't comment on that. I heard from someone that Sony's hybrid silicon tips work as well. But you have to order them from Sony directly. You probably wouldn't bother with the ones that comes with them. They're just regular silicon tips. 

Aug 3, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #634 of 1,149

Sound advice.... for those lucky ones who can get the uniRox to fit.  

FWIW I'm used to "big" universal IEMs (TG334, 1plus2) but the Rox is really something else.  Tried all tips in my collection but the issue is that it's really hard to balance the VERY protruded shell (and with the heavy-ish cable pulling down).  And I'm used to wearing my TG334 with a TWAG v3 8 conductor cable that is monstrously huge for IEM.  My conclusion is that it just protruded too much to be used on the go.

It's not like I cannot make the uniRox work but the fact that there IS a custom option make compromising with the universal version a much more difficult decision.

Aug 3, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #635 of 1,149
Yeah, I totally understand. I would've order the customs if they can make them within a reasonable period of time. Waiting half a year for a pair of CIEM is no option for me if I'm paying this amount of cash. It's all up to you whether you think the wait is justifiable. For me, I would be happy with the universals and if I like them enough, I'll probably reshell them or sell them for a pair of CM if things return to normal at JHA.

Aug 3, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #636 of 1,149
  Yeah, I totally understand. I would've order the customs if they can make them within a reasonable period of time. Waiting half a year for a pair of CIEM is no option for me if I'm paying this amount of cash. It's all up to you whether you think the wait is justifiable. For me, I would be happy with the universals and if I like them enough, I'll probably reshell them or sell them for a pair of CM if things return to normal at JHA.

The only people who experienced that kind of wait time are those in for carbon fiber.

Plenty of reports from people w/ acrylics of delivery times in the 2-3 month period. 

I ordered on Black Friday, switched from CF -> acrylic back in Feb, got my IEMs 3 weeks later.

Aug 3, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #637 of 1,149

The only people who experienced that kind of wait time are those in for carbon fiber.

Plenty of reports from people w/ acrylics of delivery times in the 2-3 month period. 

I ordered on Black Friday, switched from CF -> acrylic back in Feb, got my IEMs 3 weeks later.

I wonder this year if they'll have BF sale like last year. 2-3 month is pretty reasonable. If that's the case, I might sell the uniRox after I get the CM. The more I listen to it, the more I love the sound after burn in.

Aug 3, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #638 of 1,149
I wonder this year if they'll have BF sale like last year. 2-3 month is pretty reasonable. If that's the case, I might sell the uniRox after I get the CM. The more I listen to it, the more I love the sound after burn in.

Personally, I find the custom sound much much better than the uni version. And yes, the long wait here are usually the c.f. customs. The acrylic is much faster and cheaper. Its unwise if u r buying rox for it's c.f. option only.

Aug 3, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #642 of 1,149
Keep in mind you can get CF faceplates which should effectively look the same while in your ears - I don't think there's any hold-up going with that option.  It's somewhat of an engineering marvel to get the full CF, but beyond that I think the novelty wears thin quickly.  

Aug 5, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #643 of 1,149
  Keep in mind you can get CF faceplates which should effectively look the same while in your ears - I don't think there's any hold-up going with that option.  It's somewhat of an engineering marvel to get the full CF, but beyond that I think the novelty wears thin quickly.

That's exactly what I got - the CF on the faceplate...

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #644 of 1,149
  +1  I ordered my acrylic CIEM Rox a couple weeks ago.  At the time they were quoting 5-6 weeks.  We'll see...

I ordered mine on 3rd June,  still waiting 
popcorn.gif

Aug 15, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #645 of 1,149
Just found my Roxanne cable was imbalanced today (sometimes only left side had sound sometimes right), anybody got the same issue? 
Not sure this is under warranty, in contacting with repairs. 
If not, maybe it's a good time to upgrade the cable? Does anybody know any manufacturer do balanced ones? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back