Jh Audio Jolene Impressions and Discussion
Mar 6, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #32 of 1,253
Size is always an issue for me, when I had the Lola my wife told I looked like I had tumor ???. The review is already saying they will be big

Eeeek that aint pretty thoughts

Mar 6, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #33 of 1,253
Those wanting the universal when available will find it huge I think. With the bass and mid DDs along with 8 BAs, there will have to be a big area for them. I bet it is bigger than Layla and Roxanne since DDs take up more space than the equivalent number of BAs typically.

Mar 6, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #34 of 1,253
Those wanting the universal when available will find it huge I think. With the bass and mid DDs along with 8 BAs, there will have to be a big area for them. I bet it is bigger than Layla and Roxanne since DDs take up more space than the equivalent number of BAs typically.

As long its comfortable I am good 😁

Mar 6, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #35 of 1,253
I'm used to large universal IEMs, but it's always strange to hear about large custom IEMs. I'm guessing they protrude out of the ears more.

The Jupiter & Hyper Black designs are really nice, but I've always preferred the classic Flying Girl logo.

JH Audio Jolene Hyper Black & Jupiter.jpg

The Copper Waves and Crimson & Clover designs are really nice. If cost weren't a factor these would be my choices.

JH Audio Jolene Blue Monday & Copper Waves.jpg

The online designer doesn't show off the engraving/3D detailing of the faceplate. Beautiful.

JH Audio Jolene Jupiter1.jpg

Mar 6, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #36 of 1,253
I'm used to large universal IEMs, but it's always strange to hear about large custom IEMs. I'm guessing they protrude out of the ears more.

The Jupiter & Hyper Black designs are really nice, but I've always preferred the classic Flying Girl logo.

JH Audio Jolene Hyper Black & Jupiter.jpg

The Copper Waves and Crimson & Clover designs are really nice. If cost weren't a factor these would be my choices.

JH Audio Jolene Blue Monday & Copper Waves.jpg

The online designer doesn't show off the engraving/3D detailing of the faceplate. Beautiful.

JH Audio Jolene Jupiter1.jpg

Ohh yeah they are very Jolena sexy

Mar 6, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #37 of 1,253

That faceplate is beautiful, and so detailed. I wonder how much larger the Jolene is compared to the Lola, which I have in a custom.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #38 of 1,253
If they do release a universal version, will we be able to customize faceplates and shells? I think previous JH universals are not customizable.
Yeah, customisation was never an option on the universals, so you could assume it probably won't be here either.

Size is always an issue for me, when I had the Lola my wife told I looked like I had tumor ???. The review is already saying they will be big
As others have said, given the insane amount of tech inside, the Jolene universal is likely going to be huge. I can't see it being smaller than the Lola. But, you never know.

I've got the Lola custom in the full Lightning Strike design, and they've had to make it bigger ala the Jolene, because they need a certain amount of girth to cut the carbon fibre wrap/block. Whereas, my full-wood Layla is a bit more low-profile. I actually slightly prefer the fit of the former, because, though both styles fit similarly well, the added size on the Lola helps maintain a good seal when I'm wearing a mask or chewing. The difference in weight is negligible as well. So, I think, in custom form, the added size really won't be an issue, unless you plan on sleeping with the Jolene's in your ears or something.

Mar 6, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #39 of 1,253
Yeah, customisation was never an option on the universals, so you could assume it probably won't be here either.

As others have said, given the insane amount of tech inside, the Jolene universal is likely going to be huge. I can't see it being smaller than the Lola. But, you never know.

I've got the Lola custom in the full Lightning Strike design, and they've had to make it bigger ala the Jolene, because they need a certain amount of girth to cut the carbon fibre wrap/block. Whereas, my full-wood Layla is a bit more low-profile. I actually slightly prefer the fit of the former, because, though both styles fit similarly well, the added size on the Lola helps maintain a good seal when I'm wearing a mask or chewing. The difference in weight is negligible as well. So, I think, in custom form, the added size really won't be an issue, unless you plan on sleeping with the Jolene's in your ears or something.

Have you been able to cable roll those lola as it has the 7pin connection and that is a big problem for cable rolling 😐

Mar 6, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #41 of 1,253
Having a play around with the configurator and whilst this is not the high end metals classy style, I have to say I am seriously into this fun look.

98B02404-8498-48D0-B06C-1096585AC9A1.jpeg47FAACEB-C6BA-4DD8-B046-AA60BDCB7E61.jpeg4984C48A-8A4A-4D65-A8E3-3D02DAA8A0A1.jpeg

To much rainbows for me 🤣 but its cool looking the hair realy plays well with the lines.

Mar 6, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #42 of 1,253
I have a pair of Layla’s and i had a chance to demo the Lola’s. I was looking to get the Lola as a second pair because i just wanted something with a warmer tonality, for my lotoo paw gold touch but now I’m going to wait until i here jolene. Ive been very impressed with jh audio’s products from the few pair that if have heard so far.

Mar 6, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #44 of 1,253
Having a play around with the configurator and whilst this is not the high end metals classy style, I have to say I am seriously into this fun look.

98B02404-8498-48D0-B06C-1096585AC9A1.jpeg47FAACEB-C6BA-4DD8-B046-AA60BDCB7E61.jpeg4984C48A-8A4A-4D65-A8E3-3D02DAA8A0A1.jpeg
I really dig that shell but would prefer a more low key faceplate though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back