JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Mar 16, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #10,039 of 10,743
Will JHA send you out universal demo for trial?  That would be nice.  If not where do I go for Demo? 
popcorn.gif

Mar 20, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #10,044 of 10,743
  Congrats!  Mine are supposed to ship out next week. It is going to be a full 2 months as well.

I remembered that anticipation.. it was a KILLER.

Enjoy them when you receive them. Will look forward to reading about the first impressions.

Personally, I use my JH-13 fp's daily for roughly 4-6 hours. I bought the microphone attachment and am on the phone a ton during the day. Whereas when I bought the IEMs, I couldn't quite figure out how to plug them in, I now don't even notice they are in my ears for much of the day. 

Mar 21, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #10,046 of 10,743
It looks like I might have dodged a bullet on my JH13 today. I noticed the pins were bent quite a bit on the cable side so I'm guessing this cable is done for now. Good thing I have a couple spare cables but unfortunately I'm at work so got nothing to use for the rest of the day :T I usually bring backup iem's but I forgot them today.

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #10,047 of 10,743
Well forum, I know I haven't posted here before but I just decided to take a leap of faith and ordered a pair of JH13! I am very excited for my order to progress, you can see the design i choose in my user photo, let me know if anyone would be interested in a youtube review of my jh13's when the arrive, but for now I wait.

Mar 31, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #10,048 of 10,743
  Well forum, I know I haven't posted here before but I just decided to take a leap of faith and ordered a pair of JH13! I am very excited for my order to progress, you can see the design i choose in my user photo, let me know if anyone would be interested in a youtube review of my jh13's when the arrive, but for now I wait.

Congrats! I receive an Inearz reshelled JH16FP tomorrow - I want to track down the fedex truck somewhere between here and Florida and rifle through the back to get them early!

You will love them.

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #10,049 of 10,743
How's the JHAudio customer service response time these days?

I had ear impressions made and ordered JH13s at the Costa Mesa meet a week or so back. Since then, neither the representative I spoke with or JHAudio have been in contact. I tried emailing, but no reply yet. I've yet to give them payment info and give specifics regarding graphics, cable length, etc.

I'm in no rush, but I find it unusual for a company not to follow up quickly. Makes me my wonder if they're already making my customs, or my impressions are still on the representative's desk?

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #10,050 of 10,743
I'll chime in with my experience.. I've had the JH13 FP since August of last year.  I ordered over the "4th of July" sale.  Had impressions taken (I've had a number of custom IEMs before the JH13, so I'm familiar with the wait times and requirements for quality impressions) and sent them off a few days after the 4th.  Lead time on my JH13 was almost exactly one month.  I didn't get an email for confirmation that they received my impressions (nor did I request one.. I just followed the USPS tracking on my impressions).. one month later, I got a FedEx tracking confirmation email.  The fit was terrific and they sounded great.

About two months ago, I needed the fit on both my ear piece slightly adjusted.. it just felt a tad loose.  Nothing was wrong with the original fit, just perhaps that something changed in/around my ear.  I emailed JHA and asked if they could facilitate a refit w/ new impressions.. even though my pair was out of the '30-day refit' period.  I got an email back from Johnny @ JHA in a matter of days (who was very nice).. who said it wouldn't be a problem and asked I send my JH13s and new molds back to them.  About two weeks after they received my IEMs/impressions, I received another FedEx tracking # and my JH13's back in a matter of days after that.. fit was perfect again.  I wasn't charged anything for the refit.

About two weeks ago.. I.. like an idiot.. accidentally dropped the right ear piece in a cup of iced tea as I was removing them from my ear.  I was able ot fish it out almost immediately since it was still attached to the cable, but after trying the whole "toss it in a bag of rice" deal, the bass was completely non-existent in the ear piece that got submerged.. so I'm surmising a driver was damaged.  I informed JH Audio (by email) of my foolish mistake.. and within a day or two, received an email back saying the same thing, "just return your JH13 and we'll take a look."  I sent them back about a week ago and received an (un-prompted) email from Sue @ JHA who informed me they received my JH13 and will be taking a look at them soon.  That's where I'm at now.. waiting to hear back from JHA.  I know others haven't been as fortunate as me, but my experience with them (so far) has been nothing short of terrific.  They've accommodated a (timely) refit that's far out of the 'refit window' for free.. and might even repair one of my JH13's ear pieces for free (again, in a very timely manner).  I'm not a musician or any other type of customer that might get 'preferential' treatment, either.  Just a regular old Head-F'ier.  Will keep everyone posted on what I hear back.. but so far, I'm very happy with my JH Audio experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back