JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Mar 7, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #10,021 of 10,743
I would not worry too much about the creases. There's quite a bit of them but nothing looks too worrisome and JHA can easily iron them outt. And I don't know what you mean by "the tip leading to the ear canal was not a plateau but had an angled slope" but if that's what is in the 3rd photo, then I assume that you're talking about the second bend of the canals. Actually that's great, since a proper fit would require impressions going past the second bend. Does this apply to both sides?

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #10,022 of 10,743
Hey guys, sorry for the late reply. Been a busy week. The reason I said my impressions weren't the greatest was because there were some creases on it and the tip leading to the ear canal was not a plateau but had an angled slope. Also, I don't have a lot of experiences on what a good impression should look like, and after seeing the creases I thought they were too good. I considered getting new impressions, but I've been following the Roxanne threads for a while and I definitely did not want to be on the same waiting boat as them (waiting for weeks and months at times, although Angie told me a few weeks ago the wait-time for non-Roxanne models were 3-4 weeks). I figured refits might be worth more than waiting.. Hopefully I didn't make the wrong choice! :frowning2:

Here are my impressions: 

Note: I haven't received my monitors so I can't say anything about the fit yet.

I guess if JHA don't return them it means they are good enough for them to build your unit. Having said that, these creases really seem excessive and can't fault you for being a bit worried.

FWIW my local audiologist made me sit and do another set just becoz there was ONE crease of about 4mm... I told her it's okay as I don't want to having sit there drooling for another 15 mins but she insisted.... :frowning2:

Mar 8, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #10,023 of 10,743
I guess if JHA don't return them it means they are good enough for them to build your unit. Having said that, these creases really seem excessive and can't fault you for being a bit worried.

FWIW my local audiologist made me sit and do another set just becoz there was ONE crease of about 4mm... I told her it's okay as I don't want to having sit there drooling for another 15 mins but she insisted.... :frowning2:

Oh man, guess I was right about those creases! We'll see how it goes, I'll definitely update the progress here. Thanks for the help guys.

And for sure.. I find sitting there with a pool of saliva in your mouth by far the worst part in getting impressions! What do you guys do with them? Stick a tissue into your mouth and change it when it whenever it becomes soaked?

Mar 8, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #10,027 of 10,743
Hey There!

I ordered some JH 16s on BF and got them on 12/24 (not bad).
However, the fit was less then perfect so I sent them back on 12/26.

I got them back during second week of January.

The key for me was calling frequent and following up.
I would call a few times a week just to make sure they were working on them.

When I got them back the fit was exponentially better.

In essence, stay on to of them until you get them!

Mar 8, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #10,029 of 10,743
When I had to get a refit of my JH13 (for the 2nd time) I found that communication via e-mail simply wasn't enough.  JH Audio is full of good people but they're always overworked and it's easy to get lost in the shuffle.  If you require a re-fit I sincerely suggest talking to a person there and doubling up your information in e-mail as well (to the same person).  It may sound obnoxious but CIEMs aren't cheap and the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

P.S. I'm not saying you should be phoning them every day, simply that you need to phone, explain the problem and then do the same thing to the same person in e-mail (as pleasantly as possible).

Mar 8, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #10,030 of 10,743
When I had to get a refit of my JH13 (for the 2nd time) I found that communication via e-mail simply wasn't enough.  JH Audio is full of good people but they're always overworked and it's easy to get lost in the shuffle.  If you require a re-fit I sincerely suggest talking to a person there and doubling up your information in e-mail as well (to the same person).  It may sound obnoxious but CIEMs aren't cheap and the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

P.S. I'm not saying you should be phoning them every day, simply that you need to phone, explain the problem and then do the same thing to the same person in e-mail (as pleasantly as possible).

All I get from this, at the simplest, is that they are understaffed, for whatever reason.

Mar 9, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #10,031 of 10,743
I paid for them on the 9th of January and they received my impressions on the 17th. Now they're telling me they should be shipped out next week. So today is the 8th so almost two months waiting. I'll update you guys if I receive them next week.

Wow, that's a pretty long wait for a non-Roxanne model. Seems like calling IS the way to communicate with JH especially when there are issues involved.

Mar 9, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #10,033 of 10,743
With phase delay you can change perception of space.  I'm guessing you can add phase delay to different driver to cause separation of different frequency bands on the IEMs.  So, this can be benefits of multiple driver IEMs.  Since you can separate the drivers by bands, and delay the phases as you see fit for the drivers. I wonder if this why the new JH13 pro is called frequency phase??

Would you guys say separation and imaging is done well on the FP?

Mar 9, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #10,034 of 10,743
I'm not sure about the technical jargons, but the reason why the "freqphase" technology is called what it is is actually because it eliminates the delay between the moments that the frequencies are delivered to the ears. In other words, the current technology aims to deliver all the frequencies at once with minimum delay possible between each.

I have not received mine yet so cannot answer about separation and imaging, but from others' report they seem to be top class. Coherency that arises from minimising delay between drivers might play a role.

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #10,035 of 10,743
I paid for them on the 9th of January and they received my impressions on the 17th. Now they're telling me they should be shipped out next week. So today is the 8th so almost two months waiting. I'll update you guys if I receive them next week.

Hmmmm, they received my impressions on the 27th. That puts me 6 business days behind you. So maybe mine will get shipped out next week. Let us know when you get yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back