JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Oct 21, 2009 at 8:25 AM Post #5,176 of 10,747
I do know someone here with a Woo, so my next object is to see if I can manage a 'borrow' of it for desktop listening and testing.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The WA6 is one of those amps that does not distort at the amp level with JH13pro, and brings them up to a whole new level over the portable amps (noted in my review). The Single Power Square Wave XL is another amp that does quite well with the JH13Pro, and brings them to a whole new level above the portable amps.

The sound is quite well controlled with these two amps, and they even reign in the UE11Pro and control them very well. The frequency response also seems to be more even with these two amps, whether it is the ES3X, JH13Pro, or UE11Pro. Somehow the WA6 and Sq Wave XL make all three IEM, each with very different sound signatures, perform at very high levels; and they perform much closer to each other than when they were driven with iPods and portable amps.

Oct 21, 2009 at 11:13 AM Post #5,177 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dscf4062.jpg

dscf4063.jpg

The build was solid. Surface is smooth and spotless. I wasn't able to see the tiny bubbles on the JH13 until I took these macro-shots.

I'm satisfied with the artwork even though they aren't spectacular. The macro-shot showed all the flaws of the artwork but they look just fine even from a foot away.

Of all the things to put on a JH13. TSKTSKTSK.
biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #5,180 of 10,747
Do these no longer come with the cleaning solution? Got mine yesterday and all that was in the box was the headphones, the otterbox, a manual, and the little brush/hook tool to remove wax from the tubes. If they don't come w/ the cleaning solution, where can I buy some or what around-the-house substitute can I use?

Oct 21, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #5,182 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by slattikarma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MOAR PICTURES!!!!!!!! ... please.

too many people posting about their awesome '13s with no accompanying photos! cmon, give us more perv material!
popcorn.gif

There is a whole otehr thread for pictures:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/j...s-only-438252/

Oct 21, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #5,183 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sense some jealousy.

Seriously though, the artwork don't look so good.

agreed. the yellow portions dun seem to be painted too well. oh well its still done by hand.

still no news on the printer?
frown.gif

Oct 21, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #5,184 of 10,747
Yay! The impressions I overnighted were signed for by someone named HARVEY
smily_headphones1.gif
wonder who that was :p :f5:

Oct 21, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #5,187 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never got any cleaning solution. Nor is it needed. Moist paper tower/toilet paper is all you need.

I've found that a small alcohol prep pad (found in most office first aid kits) works pretty well for a general surface cleaning of custom IEM's. A bit quicker than a moist paper towl

Oct 21, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #5,189 of 10,747
I think it is important to recognize that many of the photos of the JH13's are macro photos, which tend to show flaws that are not so glaringly evident to the naked eye. Just a consideration for those that are seeing nothing but the flaws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back