JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Oct 12, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #4,921 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by podhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your probably right....this will be my 3rd set of molds.....the first was unusable,
the second was supposed to be a good set (according to JHA) but I defenitly have seal issues...
To get great sound I have to hold them in fairly firm...If I let go the sound quality drops considerably....

I would call JHA and ask them what you should do.

Oct 12, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #4,922 of 10,747
JHA refuses to remold my 10X3's despite i find the canal a bit too long, and the quality is terrible...=(

P.S: yes i know it's sort of off topic, but hey it's still JHA right?

Oct 12, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #4,923 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JHA refuses to remold my 10X3's despite i find the canal a bit too long, and the quality is terrible...

That doesn't sound right...Are you outside of the "refit grace period" or something? Or are free refits only for the JH13 Pros?

Oct 12, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #4,924 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happybottle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That doesn't sound right...Are you outside of the "refit grace period" or something? Or are free refits only for the JH13 Pros?

Brittany says she can "fix" the canal issue without remolding the IEM. But i find the cosmetics of my pair to be....well rather terrible. There's finger printed all over it on the inside, and it's all muddy. It really shows through when you have a clear pair like me...

Oct 12, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #4,925 of 10,747
Quote:

Brittany says she can "fix" the canal issue without remolding the IEM. But i find the cosmetics of my pair to be....well rather terrible. There's finger printed all over it on the inside, and it's all muddy. It really shows through when you have a clear pair like me...

Have you had them long? I mean, were they cosmetically poor when you received them? Or did they come back unseemly after a refit?

Oct 12, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #4,926 of 10,747
Quote:

Have you had them long? I mean, were they cosmetically poor when you received them? Or did they come back unseemly after a refit?

They were poor when i got them

Oct 12, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #4,927 of 10,747
Quote:

They were poor when i got them

I'm sorry, I don't mean to do this but I tend to play devil's advocate by nature, did you tell them they were in bad conditions when you received them? I'm guessing that if you got them and you called JH right away and said "These are pretty grimy and dirty" that they would re-do it. Maybe you waited "too" long to bring it up?

Part of me wants to say that at this price, they should make sure that you're completely satisfied with your purchase...within reason.

The other part of me is guessing that you waited a little too long to call them up and they can only really be expected to support certain aspects of their product for a certain time. I mean, if they broke within the 2yr, then yeah, it's under warranty. But if you decide like a year into ownership that you don't like the color or something like that (extreme case), I don't think they should have to remold them. Know what I mean?

In any case, I wouldn't worry about the looks too much, just make sure it fits right and sounds good. They're in your ears most of the time, anyhow, who are you trying to impress?
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 13, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #4,929 of 10,747
Hey all
Been following this thread for a while now, as I'm looking at getting some JH13's. It seems from from a cosmetic point of view there are a few issues with the transparent colours (air bubbles, dirt, etc.) At least some of the people have had issues with this, so I was looking at getting a solid colour to avoid this.

Now for the question, (I hope it makes sense...)It seems, however, that the ear canal part of the JH13 doesn't seem to have the same degree of colour as the rest of the ear piece, in fact in a couple instances it actually looks clear, even though the ear piece is a different colour. Is this just a choice people made or does the molding process lend itself towards this? See
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5930356-post3426.html and http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5947593-post3778.html and this one (which is the one that concerns me the most as I was looking at black http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5953359-post3850.html
Does this just happen for some colours or is this a specific choice one can make?

Another question related to this is I'm wondering if anyone knows what they mean on the JHaudio site under their colour list when they say "blacklight"?

Oct 13, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #4,930 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by stick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey all
Been following this thread for a while now, as I'm looking at getting some JH13's. It seems from from a cosmetic point of view there are a few issues with the transparent colours (air bubbles, dirt, etc.) At least some of the people have had issues with this, so I was looking at getting a solid colour to avoid this.

Now for the question, (I hope it makes sense...)It seems, however, that the ear canal part of the JH13 doesn't seem to have the same degree of colour as the rest of the ear piece, in fact in a couple instances it actually looks clear, even though the ear piece is a different colour. Is this just a choice people made or does the molding process lend itself towards this? See
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5930356-post3426.html and http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5947593-post3778.html
Does this just happen for some colours or is this a specific choice one can make?

Another question related to this is I'm wondering if anyone knows what they mean on the JHaudio site under their colour list when they say "blacklight"?

Tips are not clear unless you want them to be. I have no idea what blacklight is. You should contact JHA.

Oct 13, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #4,931 of 10,747
Quote:

I'm sorry, I don't mean to do this but I tend to play devil's advocate by nature, did you tell them they were in bad conditions when you received them? I'm guessing that if you got them and you called JH right away and said "These are pretty grimy and dirty" that they would re-do it. Maybe you waited "too" long to bring it up?

Part of me wants to say that at this price, they should make sure that you're completely satisfied with your purchase...within reason.

The other part of me is guessing that you waited a little too long to call them up and they can only really be expected to support certain aspects of their product for a certain time. I mean, if they broke within the 2yr, then yeah, it's under warranty. But if you decide like a year into ownership that you don't like the color or something like that (extreme case), I don't think they should have to remold them. Know what I mean?

In any case, I wouldn't worry about the looks too much, just make sure it fits right and sounds good. They're in your ears most of the time, anyhow, who are you trying to impress?
smily_headphones1.gif

I think he got them pretty recently. Also, I think it is understandable that he wants his shells to be flawless because he spent a lot money on those. I think even cheaper UM IEMs are in better quality according to MaoDi.

But yes, looks does not really matter for me as long as they fit well and sound good. However, in my case, they don't fit very well....
frown.gif

Oct 13, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #4,932 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by hifidk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think he got them pretty recently. Also, I think it is understandable that he wants his shells to be flawless because he spent a lot money on those. I think even cheaper UM IEMs are in better quality according to MaoDi.

But yes, looks does not really matter for me as long as they fit well and sound good. However, in my case, they don't fit very well....
frown.gif

Glad someone understands, in my case. They don't fit the best, AND they look cheaply built...BUT NO BIGGIE! i appreciate their sound. And if i really want to, i'd get UM to remold them for me in the future.

Oct 13, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #4,933 of 10,747
Looks mattered to me. I paid for a top-notch product, and I was fortunate enough to receive top-notch fit and finish.

While JHA has touched up and improved their manufacturing processes, it seems that the stems have gotten considerably shorter than in the past. Mine are MUCH shorter than the ones displayed with the clear acrylic nozzles (maybe this was covered in the past hundreds of pages).

Oct 13, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #4,934 of 10,747
Quote:

"refit grace period" ?????
what is it? a day? a week? a month? 3 months?
just curious....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back